2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I think something happened the last time he was recalled because he wasn't playing that bad, but maybe not playing the way they wanted him to play.

Well, he only has 5 points in 12 games down in the AHL. Maybe they felt he hadn't earned it over some other players. They gave Lessio a shot, he didn't make an impact and how they are giving Shinnimin one. I don't hate it, he's still only 23, 3 years younger than Hodgman, so its not like he is some AHL journeyman.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You know that Maloney will try to do something right after Barroway takes ownership.

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. This team isn't making the playoffs. There is no single realistic move that would turn things around. Let it sink, keep the good bits from the wreckage, and start anew next year.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
If Korpi and BJC were switched out for other (better) players we would have a pretty interesting lineup.

Crombeen is the only guy in our line-up that will fight with Chipchura being a nightly scratch. I mention this because I'll see post in GDT threads claiming we are too soft, and taking BJC out of the line-up will only make us softer.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Crombeen is the only guy in our line-up that will fight with Chipchura being a nightly scratch. I mention this because I'll see post in GDT threads claiming we are too soft, and taking BJC out of the line-up will only make us softer.

Fighting =/= hard to play against.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Shinnimin recalled

Very intrigued. Forgot his whole back story and the fact he went undrafted to becoming the WHL player of the year. Not very large but seems like he is able to play with a high level of skill. Would be nice to replace Klink's spot, gain another worthy prospect and to let Lessio develop a full game in the AHL.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
You know that Maloney will try to do something right after Barroway takes ownership. There isn't much out there and I'm talking about a low risk acquisition with a contract going back. Injuries are occurring,so I'm hoping that GMDM will start moving some of the depth players.

Flash does not make this team closer to making the playoffs. I'd rather keep the assets Florida would like ask for in order to get salary retention.

I do expect Maloney to make moves after Barroway gets approved, but unless it's to bring in a veteran RHD to replace Z and/or to rebalance the prospect pool, unless this team is actually in a playoff spot come January I fully expect all his moves to be sells.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Flash does not make this team closer to making the playoffs. I'd rather keep the assets Florida would like ask for in order to get salary retention.

I would have said the exact same thing about Gagner. I don't want to give up anything of value, and they would want value to retain. But it ended up being almost a pure cap dump for a 6th. I'd be okay with picking up a veteran guy like Fleischmann, under the same circumstances. It's a roll of the dice at a reasonably low cost. I imagine Florida might find someone with enough room for him who would be willing to give up more at the deadline. Pure dumps don't usually happen midseason, but when teams are setting up for the next year.
His contract is up, so it'd essentially be a try out for next year. Mixed emotions about it. We're not good enough that Flash is going to make a difference.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I would have said the exact same thing about Gagner. I don't want to give up anything of value, and they would want value to retain. But it ended up being almost a pure cap dump for a 6th. I'd be okay with picking up a veteran guy like Fleischmann, under the same circumstances. It's a roll of the dice at a reasonably low cost. I imagine Florida might find someone with enough room for him who would be willing to give up more at the deadline. Pure dumps don't usually happen midseason, but when teams are setting up for the next year.
His contract is up, so it'd essentially be a try out for next year. Mixed emotions about it. We're not good enough that Flash is going to make a difference.

That's my thinking, I don't expect any assets that has any value to the Coyotes, but could fill a void in their roster because of injuries. Schlemko? Chipchura? His trade value is so low right now and I can't see it improving and they may end up not being able to trade him. Tell you the truth, I'm not even suggesting it, it just seems like a Maloney type trade, I rather they find a hidden gem playing in the 'A' that no one could have guessed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

If the Coyotes want him, which I doubt, I would just wait until his contract is up. I would not give up any assets for him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nobody throws games on purpose. It would be the end of everyone involved if it ever came out. You just set your team up to fail most nights by being the least talented on the ice and it works itself out over the course of an 82 game season.

It wouldn't kill Don to admit that this is a transitional year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Eklund throwing Boedker's name out there.

Anyone interested in a Boedker for B Schenn move?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not the heavy hitting presence but would RD Larson from NJ solidify OEL's game and allow us to move Michalek?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

mynameistickle

Sep 9, 2009
Richmond, VA
How long has Boedker been playing RW this season? I see hes slotting in on the right side of the top line. How do you guys feel that has been going with Korpikoski and Vermette?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
In the actual article by Fox Sports (not just the summary by NBC), I like this quote from Maloney:

"If things go completely south and it's clear the playoffs are not happening, maybe it becomes time to make other decisions," Maloney said. "But again, that would be with the idea of building, not tanking."

That's his escape hatch. It's one thing to intentionally suck (Buffalo); it's another to just be a bad team (us).

As for Boedker, I think the only time I'd move him is in the summer, and that's only if he's being a pain with his contract. I do think we could make a deal with Philly though (not involving Boedker). Hextall seems to be chomping at the bit to make a deal, so if he can hold out a few days until GMDM is flowing with Barroway Bucks, perhaps there is a deal to be made there. I want both Schenns.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How long has Boedker been playing RW this season? I see hes slotting in on the right side of the top line. How do you guys feel that has been going with Korpikoski and Vermette?

Tippett moved Boedker from LW to RW in the middle of last season and I think his game has reached the next level since then. He looks more in place on that side. He has some nice chemistry with Vermette. He's more offensively talented than Vermette, so if he had an even better center, I'd expect even better production from him. Korpikoski provides some speed to that line and he can keep up with Vermette and Boedker in that regard, but he's really only there because we have no other options for that slot. At the end of the day, I'm still expecting 50-60 points from Boedker this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad