2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Idk why I still like Devin Setoguchi. I still have a weird feeling he's got something useful left in the tank...that being said, I'd much rather call this a season already and grab a top 10 draft pick.

If anything, Setoguchi would help us get a top 5 pick.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Luke Schenn was a healthy scratch last night for the Flyers. I'd still take him here if Philly took some decent salary back. Like Kopri+. I think our D could use more of a veteran -- Schenn is only 25, but his abilities as a physical RHD is still something we need. I think Tipp and our guys could help recover his game.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Luke Schenn was a healthy scratch last night for the Flyers. I'd still take him here if Philly took some decent salary back. Like Kopri+. I think our D could use more of a veteran -- Schenn is only 25, but his abilities as a physical RHD is still something we need. I think Tipp and our guys could help recover his game.

Philly could have a trade in the works, maybe partly shy he was scratched. He is young enough, that it could be worth the risk if they take Korpi back.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I rather go after McQuaid, might have to wait until the off-season.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I want shattenkirk, what do you think he'd cost? This is purely hypothetical, not a real thought that we should do it. Just curious on you take for cost.

Yandle - Shattenkirk *drool*

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Can we trade Gagner away?

According to Sarah he's on a line with Erat and Klinkhammer for practice.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to center that line.

Can't we just put Gagner on Vermettes wing?

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The Coyotes shouldn't trade Gagner just because he didn't eat alot of turkey today and made it out to the ice with other players that haven't eaten too much!

I wonder if Doan would waive his NMC for the Flames?

I want shattenkirk, what do you think he'd cost? This is purely hypothetical, not a real thought that we should do it. Just curious on you take for cost.

Yandle - Shattenkirk *drool*

I thought about Myers with Yandle

I hope Maloney goes after Berglund at the draft (I'm expecting that he will be available and the price will be somewhat low. If the Coyotes go into a sell mode they should be able to gain enough assets for him)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Can we trade Gagner away?

According to Sarah he's on a line with Erat and Klinkhammer for practice.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to center that line.

Can't we just put Gagner on Vermettes wing?

Rieder - Gags - Doan has been our best offensive line at 5v5 over the past 10 games, so of course for the good of the tank that has to go! :sarcasm:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The Coyotes shouldn't trade Gagner just because he didn't eat alot of turkey today and made it out to the ice with other players that haven't eaten too much!

I hope Maloney goes after Berglund at the draft (I'm expecting that he will be available and the price will be somewhat low. If the Coyotes go into a sell mode they should be able to gain enough assets for him)

Myers would be nice too but shatty has been proven in a defensive minded system. Really he's unnessisary but there are quite a few similarities to the blues of 8 years ago and our yotes of today.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
Myers would be nice too but shatty has been proven in a defensive minded system. Really he's unnessisary but there are quite a few similarities to the blues of 8 years ago and our yotes of today.

lol i dont think hes been a blue 8 years:laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I think he'd be very willing to go to Calgary, but I'm not sold on the Flames maintaining a playoff pace.

I don't mind Berglund, but I don't see him as an upgrade on Gagner. We'd just have 2 Gagners. After 6 years in the league, Berglund's career high is 52 points and his career averages to a shade under 0.5 PPG. I don't really see a sudden breakout offensively for him should he be traded to AZ. I'd like to see us add a similar center but who has a higher offensive ceiling -- maybe Brayden Schenn.

Schenn/Gagner/Hanzal as the top 3C is interesting. The wildcard here then is the future of Vermette with the Coyotes, as well as where we draft this summer. If we have the good fortune to draft McEichel, then McEichel/Schenn/Hanzal down the middle with Gagner on the wing is even better.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think he'd be very willing to go to Calgary, but I'm not sold on the Flames maintaining a playoff pace.

I don't mind Berglund, but I don't see him as an upgrade on Gagner. We'd just have 2 Gagners. After 6 years in the league, Berglund's career high is 52 points and his career averages to a shade under 0.5 PPG. I don't really see a sudden breakout offensively for him should he be traded to AZ. I'd like to see us add a similar center but who has a higher offensive ceiling -- maybe Brayden Schenn.

Schenn/Gagner/Hanzal as the top 3C is interesting. The wildcard here then is the future of Vermette with the Coyotes, as well as where we draft this summer. If we have the good fortune to draft McEichel, then McEichel/Schenn/Hanzal down the middle with Gagner on the wing is even better.

I think we need to start thinking of another center or two if we lose Vermette.

I'd be looking for Berglund, Eller or B. Sutter as a 3C. Eller and Sutter may, just may, be able to hit 2C status. I think Berglund is set in the 3C role. I also think all three of these could be coming back in a Vermette trade plus a pick. However a late 1st pick could be more valuable in the long run. Hard to say. Either way, even getting one of these centers back doesn't make me very confident next season so it would be nice to pickup another 3/4C in UFA just to have depth and options. Something to think about I guess.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I doubt Vermette returns Sutter and a pick. The other two it's possible, depending on how inclined those teams are to sign him. Schenn isn't a great two way player. He's pretty floaty and would need some strong wingers.

It will be pretty devastating if the UFA's trade returns and the draft results in zero centers. The market is absolutely bare. It all loops back to sacrificing a D for a center, and the most logical choice is Yandle.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I doubt Vermette returns Sutter and a pick. The other two it's possible, depending on how inclined those teams are to sign him. Schenn isn't a great two way player. He's pretty floaty and would need some strong wingers.

It will be pretty devastating if the UFA's trade returns and the draft results in zero centers. The market is absolutely bare. It all loops back to sacrificing a D for a center, and the most logical choice is Yandle.

Yandle or OEL. Losing either would absolutely be devastating.But either could bring the organization back to being very competitive (on top of adding to the roster pool). Honestly this last years draft really gives confidence that we can draft 2-3 players that will become NHL players in the future. The only way for us to get a top center that is able to play next season is by dealing one of these players or drafting McEichel. Marner/Strome would be great, but they are 2 years down the line before playing.

Vermette may not bring Sutter and a pick, but what if it was just for Sutter? I would add to bring him back. I personally don't have interest in Schenn.

And I agree, we can't rely on UFA returns to fill the center positions. That's why I think bringing back a solid 3C that has some upside is a more valuable return for Vermette than a pick in the 22-30 range. Vermette and Z for Sutter and a 3rd, something like that. Then in UFA you get that 4th line C who can play 3rd line when injuries happen.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The 'Yotes can't afford Myers, but imagine him paired with Yandle...

If the Coyotes acquire Berglund, I think he would play LW, not center and would not cost much. BS would likely cost a lot more. Both teams will need to shed salary, and it's a giving that Berglund will be shopped, while the Flyers are more likely to trade a d'man

If the Flames acquired Doan, he would greatly increase their chances of making the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

To get Myers you would have to overpay, something I would not do. I know other poster like Berglund, but for me, I would pass.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I would love to get Schenn. Where did you hear he was floaty?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
lol i dont think hes been a blue 8 years:laugh:

Lol sorry, didn't mean that the way it came out. Was a little housed for most of thanksgiving.

I just meant that the blues roster roughly 8 years ago and our current roster have certain similarities and we could be that great looking team every year here in 3 or 4 years.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
McLellan writes about Vermette today, although there's nothing particularly new: http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rizona-coyotes-antoine-vermette-nhl/19559655/

The Coyotes hope they're able to retain Vermette, whom they initially acquired via trade in 2012. Since an extension wasn't reached before the season, contract talks have been tabled for now.

Maloney is also awaiting for clarity on the team's budget, which he expects will come once Andrew Barroway's addition to the ownership group is approved by the NHL.

"He's an important player for us, and we hope we can make a deal that makes sense for both parties," Maloney said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad