2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lehkonen with the hattrick (guess I should have watched that game instead of Reway's) that gives him 5 pts in 8 playoff games now.

Watched some of the Reway game, he picked up an assist and has 7 pts in 6 games but his team is now down 2-0 in the series.

Getting to see a lot more of him this season has made me a real fan of his game. Not a lot of pure upside mind you, he's got next to zero puck skills, outside of making a decent first pass. But he's the kind of guy that just ''gets it'' as far as what his role on a team is . He plays a simple, rugged game with little complications and he's got both the size and the attitude to match it. If I had to compare him to someone I would be tempted to say an improved mobility version of Komisarek. He's kind of built like him too, large shoulders, big neck.

never thought of Komisarek who I saw play at Michigan, I think Komo showed more offense and was more physical but still an interesting comp. Didier is more mobile and plays with more poise.

Last edited:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Lehkonen with the hattrick (guess I should have watched that game instead of Reway's) that gives him 5 pts in 8 playoff games now.

Watched some of the Reway game, he picked up an assist and has 7 pts in 6 games but his team is now down 2-0 in the series.

Bodes well for him coming over and saving our PP! :sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didider didn't stand out too much, but it was a heck of a game just too bad they couldn't pull out the win as a Final Four birth would have great experience for him. Well now we'll have to see if he gets signed or not since his NCAA career is over. Didier's NCAA career totals, 148 4-26-30 +20 203 pims His +/- is almost as high as his point totals. He was used in a shutdown role, but was a plus player in all 4 seasons. Lots of pims as well.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nice goal from McCarron, surprised the petes were able to keep the score so close (missed some of the game watching Denver) after they way the gens took it to them last game.

Dec 2, 2010
nice goal from McCarron, surprised the petes were able to keep the score so close (missed some of the game watching Denver) after they way the gens took it to them last game.
Just couldn't cash in. So many chances especially in the 3rd. Mancina made some good saves too.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Didider didn't stand out too much, but it was a heck of a game just too bad they couldn't pull out the win as a Final Four birth would have great experience for him. Well now we'll have to see if he gets signed or not since his NCAA career is over. Didier's NCAA career totals, 148 4-26-30 +20 203 pims His +/- is almost as high as his point totals. He was used in a shutdown role, but was a plus player in all 4 seasons. Lots of pims as well.

He should be signed by the Habs soon. Rumors went out last year that the Habs wanted him to turn pro.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Lehkonen is like a finnish version of Gallagher. The fans will love him!

considering he started out damn good this year and who knows how long he was battling mono, I think it's reasonable to still be fairly excited about him. He had a hat trick about a month ago too.

Considering he might not even be one of our top 5 prospects atm, that's not too shabby at all.

Our top 5 prospects might not be world beating (though Big Mac and Scherbak are beauts) from 6-15 is very interesting. I don't care what the experts say, I really really like our prospect pool. Easily the best it's been since I've been following it which is about 15 years.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
considering he started out damn good this year and who knows how long he was battling mono, I think it's reasonable to still be fairly excited about him. He had a hat trick about a month ago too.

Considering he might not even be one of our top 5 prospects atm, that's not too shabby at all.

Our top 5 prospects might not be world beating (though Big Mac and Scherbak are beauts) from 6-15 is very interesting. I don't care what the experts say, I really really like our prospect pool. Easily the best it's been since I've been following it which is about 15 years.

Maybe... if we exclude 2008 with Price, Pacioretty, Subban and McDonagh as prospects.;)
If we somehow have a better prospect pool right now, we are going to be a dynasty in the next 10 years.:D

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I agree the best prospect pool I can remember was when we had Price, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Sergei Kostitsyn, Grabovsky, Emelin, Yannick Weber.

So many NHLer and potential.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He should be signed by the Habs soon. Rumors went out last year that the Habs wanted him to turn pro.

I don't recall hearing they wanted him to turn pro, I know that Brezzy was in contact with the head coach of Denver since they were former teammates with the Habs but I assume he gets signed at some point before the August 15th deadline.

I've seen a lot of Lehkonen this year, wouldn't have him in my top 5 but we'll see how much he can progress over the next couple of years as some bulk would go a long way for him on the smaller ice. I haven't followed our prospects as closely this year as I have in the past but no way is this the best prospect pool imo.

I guess Josiah Didier's college career is over....does he get signed?

I would think so, not sure if they sign him in time to join Hamilton but would think they sign him at some point since we could use a big physical shutdown type.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
I can't say I've watched a lot of Artturi or Frölunda the past few months, but I managed to catch Game 7 in the last series; and the thing that struck me was that they put Artturi out there in the dying seconds of the game defending a one goal lead. He then made a great play in his own end by flipping the puck of the zone in a way that his teammate could then chase down and put it in to the empty net. Even though he may not have scored many points in that series but you can see that the team really trusts him even when the season is on the line.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I can't say I've watched a lot of Artturi or Frölunda the past few months, but I managed to catch Game 7 in the last series; and the thing that struck me was that they put Artturi out there in the dying seconds of the game defending a one goal lead. He then made a great play in his own end by flipping the puck of the zone in a way that his teammate could then chase down and put it in to the empty net. Even though he may not have scored many points in that series but you can see that the team really trusts him even when the season is on the line.

He'll form a great young shutdown tandem with DLR.

All the defensive forwards belong to us!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Maybe... if we exclude 2008 with Price, Pacioretty, Subban and McDonagh as prospects.;)
If we somehow have a better prospect pool right now, we are going to be a dynasty in the next 10 years.:D

hahaha, duh! shame on me. Those first 3 just made the jump so fast I kind of forget about them ever being prospects. At the time Price and PK were looking to be studs but no one could've expected this from Patches. McDo's stock seem to fall pretty fast. I guess I just never evaluated that time in retrospect where those 4 are just ridiculous.

I was more thinking it was better now than it was around 10 years ago when hf had us ranked no.1.

I think it's the quality of our depth. Like I said our top 5 isn't world beating (our top 2 are sweet but probably not that high relative to other teams) but after that there's a lot of potential NHLers with intriguing upsides.

I'm not saying it's the best in the league, I just really like it in conjunction with what we already have on the big club. We got a relatively young core. And though I know I'm technically way off, I still think of the Gallys as prospects. DLR might not technically be one either but he's still 19/20 and could have a pretty high ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad