2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just a little update, Reway finished the season with 37 pts in 34 games and the 2nd highest PPG in the entire league, pretty impressive, would love to see him in the AHL next year.

I saw a lot of him this year and it was fun to watch him, really impressive passer. I don't think he will be in the AHL next year since he's under contract with Sparta Praha next season. There was talk of him getting a new contract with Praha but I never heard more on it and so far it doesn't seem like he's signed a new deal with them. There was also talk about a KHL team trying to get him but a deal with Praha couldn't be worked out. I don't know if he has NHL out clause in his deal or not, even if he did I would be a bit surprised to see him in the AHL next year as they have a big incoming rookie class as is although getting him over here to work on his defensive game doe sound like a good idea, just not sure it happens.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Didn't spend enough on imports.

Timashov is pretty darn good. So is Tkachev.

They're far from the only Memorial Cup host to have trouble in the playoffs recently. Saskatoon, Shawinigan, London(though they lost against the steamrolling Storm)...

It will be interesting to see if they go with Fucale in net tonight or not. Big game in the series to take the lead.

Can Sherbrooke take game 5 and get a series lead? Haven't been paying much attention to Audette since they stopped showing free webcasts but hope to see his team advance.

Hope to see McCarron's team put away the Petes and get a couple days off before the next series.

Could be Bozon's last game in the dub if they don't win tonight. Wonder if they lose would management want him to just rest up or join the Dogs for their last few games.

Also a big game for Scherbak's team, a win tonight would put them up 3-1 and really give them a good shot to advance.

Wonder if Lernout is headed to Hamilton as well?

Sherbrooke has a really good shot at winning the next two games as Mason Macdonald is out for the series.

If they win today, they fly back to Sherbrooke for the last game(s).

My bad about the double post.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Timashov is pretty darn good. So is Tkachev.

They're far from the only Memorial Cup host to have trouble in the playoffs recently. Saskatoon, Shawinigan, London(though they lost again the steamrolling Storm)...

Sherbrooke has a really good shot at winning the next two games as Mason Macdonald is out for the series.

If they win today, they fly back to Sherbrooke for the last game(s)

I remember when Shawinigan looked terrible in the playoffs, many were saying how badly they were going to be embarrassed in the Memorial Cup but then they won it. Guess we'll see what happens. Do you think Fucale gets the nod or will he ride the pine again?

Good news for Sherbrooke then, thanks

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I remember when Shawinigan looked terrible in the playoffs, many were saying how badly they were going to be embarrassed in the Memorial Cup but then they won it. Guess we'll see what happens. Do you think Fucale gets the nod or will he ride the pine again?

Good news for Sherbrooke then, thanks

Kathleen Lavoie ‏@kathleenlavoie 17 sil y a 17 secondes

Remparts: Callum Booth patinait avec les réservistes, ce matin. Zachary Fucale devrait être devant le filet, ce soir. #lesoleil

@StephRDSJunior: Philippe Boucher confirme le retour de Z.Fucale devant le filet ce soir des #Remparts match no5 au Cap-Breton, 6e lundi soir à Québec #LHJMQ

It should be Fucale, as Booth took part in the extra practice time this morning. Looks like the feeling amongst Remparts fans is that Fucale should be their man for the rest of the run.

As for the past memorial cup hosts, I think the main reason why those teams fail is that they're defacto the favourite in a playoff series, and the kids are not always able to handle that extra pressure. There's also extra motivation for their opponents, to prove that they're able to beat the Mem cup host.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Kathleen Lavoie ‏@kathleenlavoie 17 sil y a 17 secondes

Remparts: Callum Booth patinait avec les réservistes, ce matin. Zachary Fucale devrait être devant le filet, ce soir. #lesoleil

@StephRDSJunior: Philippe Boucher confirme le retour de Z.Fucale devant le filet ce soir des #Remparts match no5 au Cap-Breton, 6e lundi soir à Québec #LHJMQ

It should be Fucale, as Booth took part in the extra practice time this morning. Looks like the feeling amongst Remparts fans is that Fucale should be their man for the rest of the run.

As for the past memorial cup hosts, I think the main reason why those teams fail is that they're defacto the favourite in a playoff series, and the kids are not always able to handle that extra pressure. There's also extra motivation for their opponents, to prove that they're able to beat the Mem cup host.

interesting on Fucale getting fan approval. On memorial cup hosts struggles, it makes sense that the pressure can get to them. A good learning experience either way.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've never been a huge fan of that format, it takes a lot away from the individual league championships and the Mem Cup itself. I'd put it in neutral ground, Superbowl style, with the three champions and the CHL team with the highest point total during the season that didn't win it's own league championship. You could have Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver rotate hosting it as a joint promotional venture, with the profits split equally amongst everyone.
I understand why they have the current format mind you, it gets exposure and money to a specific market. I just don't thing it's optimum. That and it's more and more turning into the same few cities hosting it anyways. I'd rather see it go on merits alone.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fucale with the win, stops 24 of 25, Remparts go up 3-2 in the series. Didn't see the game so interested to hear how Fucale looked, hopefully he can build off this and lead the way to advance to the next round.

Analyzer*

Fucale with the win, stops 24 of 25, Remparts go up 3-2 in the series. Didn't see the game so interested to hear how Fucale looked, hopefully he can build off this and lead the way to advance to the next round.

Yes, yes, Fucale. Look good and build up your value.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Close only on the scoreboard, Oshawa dominated the series, Pete's goalie was hot, Oshawa goalie not so hot.

I only saw 2 of the games and it wasn't pretty, but we'll see who wins the 67's/NIA series. McCarron and his mates get a couple days off before the next series. Should be a much tougher challenge since the Petes had some injuries and in the games I saw weren't much of a threat.

Edit: Bozon now with 2 assists, his team scores on the PP with 8 seconds to go in the 2nd period to tie it up 4-4 after being down 4-2.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I wonder if hosting the memorial cup is a factor. Cape Breton is really bringing it to them physically and it seems like the Ramps are rather trying to coast through the series. It seems like winning the President cup isn't the top priority but rather staying healthy for the memorial cup.

You haven't been watching the series if you think Cape Breton is bringing it to them physically.

It was probably his best game in a Remparts uniform. He let in a stinker on the first shot but was solid for the rest of the game, especially in the 3rd when Cape Breton made a push.

This series is close on the scoreboard but Quebec has been outshooting CB in every game. In total it's 175-128. That's nearly 50 more shots in 5 games.

Cape Breton is a good test in the 1st round as their rank doesn't tell how good their second half was.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It was probably his best game in a Remparts uniform. He let in a stinker on the first shot but was solid for the rest of the game, especially in the 3rd when Cape Breton made a push.

This series is close on the scoreboard but Quebec has been outshooting CB in every game. In total it's 175-128. That's nearly 50 more shots in 5 games.

Cape Breton is a good test in the 1st round as their rank doesn't tell how good their second half was.

interesting, thanks for the info. Hopefully it's a statement game for Fucale and he starts playing better.

Bozon's team pulls out the win in OT, he also set a career high in playoff points with 7.

Scherbak's team can finish off the series with a win tonight. He picked up 1g 1a with the game winner.

Grégoire's team can also finish the series tonight.

Lehkonen's team got smoked today so they are on the brink of elimination, down 3-1 in the series.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Tough loss for Audette and Sherbrooke, got blanked 5-0.

Sherbrooke is behind 3-2. Good news is that the last two games are at home. McCallum, in replacement of MacDonald, has been very good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
looks like Reway is injured, he played only 7:03, the lowest amount he's played all year and he's not dressed for today's game. Too bad as today's game is tied 2-2 and the series is tied 2-2 so huge game he's missing.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
looks like Reway is injured, he played only 7:03, the lowest amount he's played all year and he's not dressed for today's game. Too bad as today's game is tied 2-2 and the series is tied 2-2 so huge game he's missing.

Noooooo!

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I watched a bit of both McCarron & Sherbaks games last night.

McCarron is playing the role of 3rd line shut down Center. the team is stacked with talent and he is taking some key draws killing penalties and also getting 2nd line pp minutes. It definitely wasn't a great game from him. He seemed a bit frustrated. I hope him and his team can step it up next round...the whole team seemed a bit out of sync...partially because the goalie was giving then fits.

Scherbak is a guy that follows the play really well and is always looking to get open in the offensive zone. He loves to have the puck on his stick, but seems very comfortable as the trailer and tries to be the third option on a lot of plays. He definitely makes things happen and his play on the pp is excellent. He plays the half wall and often moves up to the point when the D move in. He is so good at cutting to the middle and curling off the half wall. I hope he can keep improving as this is the kind of talent the Habs could really use!

I've seen these guys a few times, but just thought I'd give you an update of what I saw last night.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

McCarron is playing the role of 3rd line shut down Center. the team is stacked with talent and he is taking some key draws killing penalties and also getting 2nd line pp minutes. It definitely wasn't a great game from him. He seemed a bit frustrated. I hope him and his team can step it up next round...the whole team seemed a bit out of sync...partially because the goalie was giving then fits.

Scherbak is a guy that follows the play really well and is always looking to get open in the offensive zone. He loves to have the puck on his stick, but seems very comfortable as the trailer and tries to be the third option on a lot of plays. He definitely makes things happen and his play on the pp is excellent. He plays the half wall and often moves up to the point when the D move in. He is so good at cutting to the middle and curling off the half wall. I hope he can keep improving as this is the kind of talent the Habs could really use!

I've seen these guys a few times, but just thought I'd give you an update of what I saw last night.

Thanks for the update, bruh. As you can tell, there aren't a lot of people in this thread who have been watching him play recently, so it's appreciated.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa

Personally I thought McCarron played well, and he doesn't play on the shut down line, Cassels line is used against the opponents top line. They have 3 very well balanced lines, so hard to call it the 3rd line.

He was also used on the top PP unit later in the game.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Personally I thought McCarron played well, and he doesn't play on the shut down line, Cassels line is used against the opponents top line. They have 3 very well balanced lines, so hard to call it the 3rd line.

He was also used on the top PP unit later in the game.

Yeah he didn't play badly. Just not one of his better games from what I saw. Like I said I didn't watch the whole game as I also watched Scherbak.

I also agree that the 3 lines are really well balanced (and huge). I guess what I should have said is that the coach seems very comfortable having him out there in a defensive roll, which is a good thing. Ultimately I think McCarron's game will translate very well to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->