Andrighetto
Gregoire
Lehkonen
Reway

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
big night for Grégoire as his team advances, he's been putting up the points in the playoffs so far, good to see. Looking forward to seeing him in the AHL next year.

Bozon with a goal tonight, if his team can hold on for one more period they will even up the series.

Personally I thought McCarron played well, and he doesn't play on the shut down line, Cassels line is used against the opponents top line. They have 3 very well balanced lines, so hard to call it the 3rd line.

He was also used on the top PP unit later in the game.

I only saw 2 games in the series but he was on the 2nd PP unit in those games, have they split up the PP units or were they just using his unit as the first unit. I know the coach said with the trades their PP started to struggle so he formed a unit from pre trades and one with McCarron and the post trade players. In the games I saw I noticed the 2nd unit didn't get a lot of ice time, to be expected when your 1st unit is good though.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Jeremy Gregoire with a 4 pts night as his team advances to the second round. 8 pts in 5 games in the first round for him.;)

EDIT: 2 pts for Bozon tonight. After winning Game 5 in OT to stay alive, the Ice has now forced a Game 7.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Grégoire is a gamer, he plays on a whole other level in the playoffs. As àthe game gets tougher/tighter, he gets better. As Bergevin said, there are players who get you to the playoffs, and there are players that get you through the playoffs. Jérémy is the latter.

Last edited:

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Watched some of the Scherbak game again last night. The Tips on a fluky goal in OT. Scherbak really raised his intensity level in OT and delivered two huge hits. He was also probably the most dangerous player on either side in OT and seemed to be very vocal with his team mates between shifts. The rest of the game that I saw was also good, but what struck me most was his ability to raise his game at the end.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watched some of the Scherbak game again last night. The Tips on a fluky goal in OT. Scherbak really raised his intensity level in OT and delivered two huge hits. He was also probably the most dangerous player on either side in OT and seemed to be very vocal with his team mates between shifts. The rest of the game that I saw was also good, but what struck me most was his ability to raise his game at the end.

good to hear, it's too bad they couldn't put them away last night, hope they can finish the series next game.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
Lehkonen with an assist on Frölunda's 1-0 goal with four minutes to play. Series currently 3-1 for Växjö, so he's helping them keep their season alive, yet again.

EDIT: Frölunda wins 1-0. Artturi has 4 points this series, which means he has scored or assisted in 50% of Frölunda's goals this series.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Grégoire is a gamer, he plays on a whole other level in the playoffs. As àthe game gets tougher/tighter, he gets better. As Bergevin said, there are players who get you to the playoffs, and there are players that get you through the playoffs. Jérémy is the latter.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reway's team gets bounced, never heard what injury he had as he didn't play today.

not watching the games but looks like so far so good for Fucale and Audette's team if they can hold on can force a game 7. 1 assist for Audette. Bozon's team it's do or die tonight. Hope he can advance.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed by Audette's post draft season. You want to see some progression and to me he's hit a bit of a wall. I hope he can regroup, work hard this summer and start next season with some fire in his belly so to speak. He's such a good skater, with decent hands to boot, he can be a lot better than was he was this year.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Went to the Remparts game tonight (4-3 loss). Fucale played a good game overall. He gave up two goals on breakaway and didn't really have a chance on the other two. I though he looked skinny in his net which wasn't helping. He is almost always in good position, handles the puck well like Price, looks pretty calm but gives a lot of rebounds and rarely makes the big saves to keep his team in the game. Anyway I believe he will play in the NHL one day. He has all the tools.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed by Audette's post draft season. You want to see some progression and to me he's hit a bit of a wall. I hope he can regroup, work hard this summer and start next season with some fire in his belly so to speak. He's such a good skater, with decent hands to boot, he can be a lot better than was he was this year.

Yup he was certainly a disappointment for me this year. But he's a better player than he was at the beginning of the year. He's still very chippy and plays along the lines of the discipline, but he made a play tonight that spoke volume to me. When he saw J. Roy carrying the puck and going towards the offense, he covered him. Roy eventually turned the puck over, and Sprong took off, but Audette stopped him by doing a very nice play. He played the body and separated him from the puck. He's still trying plays that work 5% of the time and is still reticent to put it deep, but he improved in those aspects.

I can't really criticize him for his playoffs, because his line was all the offense for Sherbrooke in this 6 game series. If they didn't score, the Phoenix would get blanked (it happened twice by the way).

Next year will be a big one for him and his team, most of the players will be at their summit development and talent wise, the team will be mature to contend. It would be nice to see him break the century in points. He has the potential to lead the league in scoring as I don't see Ehlers playing another year in Junior.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Reway's team gets bounced, never heard what injury he had as he didn't play today.

Im not so sure, if it was an injury. Reways last game was really bad. And he is also a guy with, how to say it, his mind. Maybe he was only benched and they said, its a injury. Reway was a problem kid and there are still issues with this. Maybe not so big, as it was, but what i heard, he is not lovely nice young player.

But thats only my opinion.

Analyzer*

Even worse is, if you're a small player you have to be that much better to make it in today's NHL.

You have to be gritty and have decent skilled, or be significantly more skilled than players with size in order to make it.

Audette might get a few games here and there to see if his skill can be significant, but it's more likely he'll just be another Thomas.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Even worse is, if you're a small player you have to be that much better to make it in today's NHL.

You have to be gritty and have decent skilled, or be significantly more skilled than players with size in order to make it.

Audette might get a few games here and there to see if his skill can be significant, but it's more likely he'll just be another Thomas.

There are a lot more small players today than there was 15 years ago before the 1st lock out where Hatchers, Rathje's and similar d-men dominated.

Smaller players still need to be high skill and quick or smart to get by on a good team. NYR and TB have two of the smaller teams and are up there in the East. Chicago won 2 cups beating some bigger teams along the way with only 2-3 oversized players.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Im not so sure, if it was an injury. Reways last game was really bad. And he is also a guy with, how to say it, his mind. Maybe he was only benched and they said, its a injury. Reway was a problem kid and there are still issues with this. Maybe not so big, as it was, but what i heard, he is not lovely nice young player.

It was an injury from what I can tell. According to the comments on this lineup photo at least

https://www.facebook.com/hcsparta/p...7520000.1428160427./10153157494913232/?type=1

As I dig deeper, it becomes a little less clear, but most are saying injury.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Went to the Remparts game tonight (4-3 loss). Fucale played a good game overall. He gave up two goals on breakaway and didn't really have a chance on the other two. I though he looked skinny in his net which wasn't helping. He is almost always in good position, handles the puck well like Price, looks pretty calm but gives a lot of rebounds and rarely makes the big saves to keep his team in the game. Anyway I believe he will play in the NHL one day. He has all the tools.

interesting, thanks. I was keeping an eye on the scoreboard and it seemed to be going well for him but then I turned it off only to see him give up 4. Glad to hear he played a good game overall, hope to see him step up big tonight as he certainly knows about playing in high pressure situations at least.

Yup he was certainly a disappointment for me this year. But he's a better player than he was at the beginning of the year. He's still very chippy and plays along the lines of the discipline, but he made a play tonight that spoke volume to me. When he saw J. Roy carrying the puck and going towards the offense, he covered him. Roy eventually turned the puck over, and Sprong took off, but Audette stopped him by doing a very nice play. He played the body and separated him from the puck. He's still trying plays that work 5% of the time and is still reticent to put it deep, but he improved in those aspects.

I can't really criticize him for his playoffs, because his line was all the offense for Sherbrooke in this 6 game series. If they didn't score, the Phoenix would get blanked (it happened twice by the way).

Next year will be a big one for him and his team, most of the players will be at their summit development and talent wise, the team will be mature to contend. It would be nice to see him break the century in points. He has the potential to lead the league in scoring as I don't see Ehlers playing another year in Junior.

I only saw a little of him this year, wasn't sure what to make of him as he seems skilled but looks like he had problems with consistency this year. Next year being a big year for him makes sense since he'll be playing for a contract so he'll need to show the Habs management he's worth it. Should be interesting to see how he does next year.

I missed the game where he played only 7 minutes so I am only guessing but seems strange to bench someone that's almost a PPG in the playoffs and was over a PPG in the regular season. I've seen a lot of him this year and while he can be a lot of fun to watch, I can understand benching him as the effort in his own end isn't always there but in this case I would be surprised since he was producing so well and they were down in the series.

Have you heard any talk about him signing a new contract with Sparta? There was talk that he was saying he was going to be signing a new contract which seemed a bit odd since he's already under contract with Sparta next season. I never heard anything else on it as it doesn't appear to have happened yet. Just curious as it's not like I expect him in North America any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->