2014-2015 Blues Prospects

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Sam Kurker update - he's going BACK to college.

Yikes!

Good for him. I think from our prospective it can only be viewed as a positive. If he is a late bloomer, then we will still retain his rights. I'm still a strong advocate of just moving the draft age back a year or two. WHA is no longer a threat. Ridiculous to draft an 18 year old kid anyway and retain their rights without signing them. What other sport does that?

sparty09

Apr 6, 2012
Ty Rattie now has 4 goals and 6 points in 7 games

Tommy Vannelli has 5g and 7p in 10 games

Jordan Binnington has gotten off to a rough start, with a 2.99 GAA and .867 SV% in 6 games

Colton Parayko has 2g and 4p in 7 games

Mackenzie MacEachern has 1g and 4p in 5 games

Fabbri has 4g and 7p in 6 games

Barbashev has 12g and 19p in 13 games

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
MacEachern has 6 points in 6 games. Should keep an eye on him to see if he keeps this pace up and starts to become the guy that we all got excited about. Would be nice to have a guy with size and speed added to the mix in the future.

He's probably the prospect that really shoots up the rankings this year now that Lindbohm has already done that. Always seems to be one guy that does that. Parayko and Lindbohm being the latest.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
MacEachern has 6 points in 6 games. Should keep an eye on him to see if he keeps this pace up and starts to become the guy that we all got excited about. Would be nice to have a guy with size and speed added to the mix in the future.

He's probably the prospect that really shoots up the rankings this year now that Lindbohm has already done that. Always seems to be one guy that does that. Parayko and Lindbohm being the latest.

We knew he was going to take time to develop but that is a log time to get going in the amateur leagues. Even if he has a dramatic improvement I would hold off on him flying up the charts. He will have to prove consistent and show promise at the next level given his post draft process.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agreed. I guess my idea of shooting up is he has a near ppg season or is a top 3 scorer on Michigan State, then I could see him being around 10 on our rankings, and considering he was 18 in our recent voting, that would be a big jump. It's just nice to see one of our long-term college projects look promising when guys like Kurker and Gardiner have failed.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Agreed. I guess my idea of shooting up is he has a near ppg season or is a top 3 scorer on Michigan State, then I could see him being around 10 on our rankings, and considering he was 18 in our recent voting, that would be a big jump. It's just nice to see one of our long-term college projects look promising when guys like Kurker and Gardiner have failed.

What also makes this impressive is that Michigan State is a very defensive minded system also a team that scores very little. He probably has a much more rounded game than most of our junior players.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site

Good story on MacEachern.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Yikes!

Rough night for Nanooks
Doyle Woody|October 31, 2014

Gruesome result for UAF tonight in Minnesota -- took a 6-1 smackdown at Bemidji State in a WCHA game.

That's the most goals the No. 16-ranked Nanooks (5-2-0, 0-1-0 WCHA) have surrendered in a game this season.

Junior defenseman Colton Parayko is a stud for the Nanooks, but even studs struggle occasionally -- ergo, his -5 after he was +3 in UAF's first six games. He did have an assist on Nolan Kaiser's goal

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Does anybody get a chance to watch Sergeev at all? He seems to be off to a nice start offensively. Just wondering if he's got any chance to eventually be an NHL player.

sparty09

Apr 6, 2012
Another assist for Barbashev. 12 goals and 20 points in 14 games.

A pair of assists for Fabbri gives him 4 goals and 9 points in 8 games.

Blais continues to play well and now has 9 goals and 19 points in 14 games.

Balloon

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
What's the situation with Dmitri Sergeyev? Is he considered our prospect or what? He's doing quite well this year with 12 points in 14 games in his second year in the OHL.

sparty09

Apr 6, 2012
What's the situation with Dmitri Sergeyev? Is he considered our prospect or what? He's doing quite well this year with 12 points in 14 games in his second year in the OHL.

Signed ELC with the Blues in September

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/4886977-rangers-import-sergeev-signs-nhl-deal-with-blues/

"It's very, very rare for us to bring a guy to training camp and sign him to a contract," said Tim Taylor, director of player development for the Blues. "The guy really has to stand out. You have to see something that you anticipate in the future he's going to do really well at."

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

I assume he is a Blues' prospect, as they signed him to a contract. I don't think they signed him thinking he's a cinch to never be anything but an AHL roster filler. They must think he has potential to be a late developer.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yes, Sergeev is our prospect, he has signed an ELC with the Blues.

I've not seen any of him in the OHL, but I've heard he is having more than a few shifts where he dictates the play on the ice. I'll hopefully get to see a few of his games later in the month, but nothing yet.

Stat watching, Sergeev had a couple of assists in an 8-2 win, Barbashev had an assist in a 4-1 win and Fabbri scored in a 3-1 loss.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yes, Sergeev is our prospect, he has signed an ELC with the Blues.

I've not seen any of him in the OHL, but I've heard he is having more than a few shifts where he dictates the play on the ice. I'll hopefully get to see a few of his games later in the month, but nothing yet.

Stat watching, Sergeev had a couple of assists in an 8-2 win, Barbashev had an assist in a 4-1 win and Fabbri scored in a 3-1 loss.

I really think Fabbri and Barbashev for gonna both be great players for the Blues. It's gonna be hard to have to wait to see them in the Blue Note every other night. Thank god we gpt a great draft this past year, because were not gonna get much this coming draft "me thinks." Unless we can flip someone for a 1st round pick before the draft, just don't know if I'd be willing to give up the player it would take to fetch a first rounder.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It is way too early to make assumptions about the Blues 2015 draft. I don't doubt there is decent depth in the draft, but I think the fact McDavid and Eichel are the top 2 is leading fans to overrate the draft class. I might be wrong, not an expert, but the hype over this draft has been gaining momentum for a couple of years now and I'm not buying the idea that this is better than 2003 or whatever.

This is clearly the Blues biggest season in recent history, and I imagine changes are happening at the end of the season irrespective of results on the ice. Plenty of ways I could see us with a first round pick in the draft.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Fabbri with 6 pts today, hat trick.

I really think this kid's going to be a stud. Sure, he's going to occasionally get rocked, whether it's a clean hit or not. But once this kid gets his man strength, his mobility and hockey IQ will really shine. He can score in any way...That says something to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad