2014-2015 Blues Prospects

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Lately, I have been digging Yannick Veiilleux.

Increase the rank of ALL THE PROSPECTS! :yo:

I remember last year before the draft, feeling like all of our prospects not named "Jaskin" or "Rattie" were all duds after Allen.

Now we have people talking about Parayko, Lindbohm, Binnington, "Hockey: The Legend of" Cody Beach, and Veillieux. Oh, and now we have this Barbashev kid, Fabbri, and Ville "The Chille" Husso as well?

Without even mentioning Rattie and Jaskin, this is already a good looking pool. :banana:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Keeping the above post in mind, the legend of Parayko continues with an assist on the lone goal in today's 1-0 win over Western Michigan. 4 points in 5 games. Not shabby. His team is also 5-0 thus far. Would be cool to see them in the NCAA tournament.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Schmaltz had 3 assists tonight in UND's 6-1 win.

Barbashev had no points in a 6-5 loss.

Fabbri had an assist in a 5-2 win.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
For sure! Jaskin is quite a load. He plays with passion. Lately, I have been digging Yannick Veiilleux. Looks strong.

Yea, I could see Veilleux fitting into to that 3rd/4th line grinder role in a few years. Seems to have been overlooked given his junior accomplishments.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I know it's very early, but what do you guys think about where Fabbri will play for the big club? Does he stay at center or do we push him to the wing?
He might break in on the wing initially depending on the roster construction at that time. That said, I think he will eventually be given significant opportunities to play center at the NHL level.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way. Despite his size, he's got so many attributes that lend themselves toward being an effective center. I really like the idea of him being a long term center between Schwartz and Tarasenko.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I have read many compliments for Parayko from folks/media outlets who have actually watched him, ranging from "the most talented" player in the WCHA, "a beast" who is "ready for the NHL now", and "the best player" for either Univ. of Alaska team. But dang, it's like having Parayko play for Alaska is just as bad as a player playing in some remote part of Russia - it seems like a lot of people don't know who he is yet because it's so hard to watch him play. I wonder if the Blues have sent scouts to watch a couple of his games to keep tabs on him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have read many compliments for Parayko from folks/media outlets who have actually watched him, ranging from "the most talented" player in the WCHA, "a beast" who is "ready for the NHL now", and "the best player" for either Univ. of Alaska team. But dang, it's like having Parayko play for Alaska is just as bad as a player playing in some remote part of Russia - it seems like a lot of people don't know who he is yet because it's so hard to watch him play. I wonder if the Blues have sent scouts to watch a couple of his games to keep tabs on him.

Well it doesn't really matter what other people think about him other then gloating for us. The Blues are very well aware of how he's doing lol. It would be awesome to have the notoriety for him, but he'll make his NHL impact soon enough. With him being in College, he can go straight to the AHL if he wants. So he could very well fast track to the pros

Edit: also that obscurity landed him to us. The Blues secretly scouted him. Purposely bouncing flights around so other teams weren't aware of where they were going. From day one, the scouting staff knew we had something with Parayko

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yea, I could see Veilleux fitting into to that 3rd/4th line grinder role in a few years. Seems to have been overlooked given his junior accomplishments.

He looked lost in the AHL last season, which was why he was sent down to the ECHL. This summer, however, he showed up a month early in St. Louis to work out and work on some game-specific things. It has worked.

He reminds me a little of Chris Stewart coming down the LW and showing some decent hands. Veilleux has a nice shot and is having a great start to the season. Hopefully this gets Ryan Tesink's juices flowing.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Well it doesn't really matter what other people think about him other then gloating for us. The Blues are very well aware of how he's doing lol. It would be awesome to have the notoriety for him, but he'll make his NHL impact soon enough. With him being in College, he can go straight to the AHL if he wants. So he could very well fast track to the pros

Edit: also that obscurity landed him to us. The Blues secretly scouted him. Purposely bouncing flights around so other teams weren't aware of where they were going. From day one, the scouting staff knew we had something with Parayko

Well yeah, I am sure the Blues know how he's doing, but I don't think it's a given at all that we have sent someone to actually watch him play this season. My point was that he is still a relatively obscure player, and it would be nice to receive more coverage as a fan (like televised games, etc.), because he is noted as one of the best players in the NCAA.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
That's one of my frustrations as a fan in general. I'm a Cubs fan, and access to all of there prospects is easy for me: I can watch AAA and AA games, and can listen to every league outside of rookie ball. I can learn about any prospect I want just but putting time in. It's significantly harder for Blues fans, especially in regards to Parayko.

Do the Nanooks have radio coverage for there games? I'll start listening to there games to get a feel, thoug obviously not as good as watching.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
That's one of my frustrations as a fan in general. I'm a Cubs fan, and access to all of there prospects is easy for me: I can watch AAA and AA games, and can listen to every league outside of rookie ball. I can learn about any prospect I want just but putting time in. It's significantly harder for Blues fans, especially in regards to Parayko.

Do the Nanooks have radio coverage for there games? I'll start listening to there games to get a feel, thoug obviously not as good as watching.

Pretty sure there is an audio feed for their games. In fact, they play this afternoon. http://alaskananooks.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well yeah, I am sure the Blues know how he's doing, but I don't think it's a given at all that we have sent someone to actually watch him play this season. My point was that he is still a relatively obscure player, and it would be nice to receive more coverage as a fan (like televised games, etc.), because he is noted as one of the best players in the NCAA.
Ah, I understand what you mean now. It is frustrating....

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Ah, I understand what you mean now. It is frustrating....

Yeah, maybe I will ask JR. in one of his chats if he knows how often the Blues send their scouts to check up on our drafted players, and what the word is on Parayko's progression. I know he previously said that the front office was very pleased with him. I am also curious of their plans - will they try to sign him this offseason, or will they not push him.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Future second pairing:
Lindbohm - Parayko

Just realized ones a lefty and ones a righty. STOKED.

How much longer do you think JBo can stick around? Too bad that Shatty's a righty...

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Future second pairing:
Lindbohm - Parayko

Just realized ones a lefty and ones a righty. STOKED.

How much longer do you think JBo can stick around? Too bad that Shatty's a righty...

I would be stoked if that were our 3rd pairing, and it could realistically happen as soon as 2 years from now. Parayko is a bit of a question mark as far as his upside goes - 2nd pairing seems realistic, but who knows. I think J-Bo can play at this level for another 5 years with his style of play, and be an NHL player until he is 40.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I know it's very early, but what do you guys think about where Fabbri will play for the big club? Does he stay at center or do we push him to the wing?

Strickland tweeted a couple weeks back that Fabbri would start in Guelph at wing at the request of the Blues. Could be to let him get comfortable at that position since he'll be starting their when he joins the Blues.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Strickland tweeted a couple weeks back that Fabbri would start in Guelph at wing at the request of the Blues. Could be to let him get comfortable at that position since he'll be starting their when he joins the Blues.

I've only seen Fabbri in the wing in PP lines. I havnt religiously fallowed every game. But I havnt seen it

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
"Robby Fabbri was (very) briefly asked to leave the Storm bench by the coaching staff in the third period after frustrations momentarily boiled over. Coach Scott Walker followed him down the tunnell and Fabbri was back on the bench a few seconds later. Looking a little contrite."

http://guelphmercury.blogs.com/storm/

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

I have always liked him, but he struggled early in the AHL. Thus, the lack of discussion about him recently IMO.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way. Despite his size, he's got so many attributes that lend themselves toward being an effective center. I really like the idea of him being a long term center between Schwartz and Tarasenko.

I think Fabbri will be more effective at centre, as well, despite his small stature. He's a great passer, with great ice vision. He plays a lot bigger than his size, so he probably can handle the defensive responsibilities.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri just shattered the glass with a wicked wrister lol...

Game is in OT, Fabbri with an assist so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad