2014-2015 Blues Prospects

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Top plus/minus for Wolves - Rattie and Brodeur tied at +10

Any thoughts on Brodeur - seems he could be a late bloomer. Third-round pick by Phoenix a few years back

I watched Brodeur during camp. Unfortunately, he is probably a mix between Ponich and Hakanpaa. Skating is his downfall. He will never make it to the NHL unless he drastically improves his skating (just like Ponich, and to some extent Hakanpaa).

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
I watched Brodeur during camp. Unfortunately, he is probably a mix between Ponich and Hakanpaa. Skating is his downfall. He will never make it to the NHL unless he drastically improves his skating (just like Ponich, and to some extent Hakanpaa).

Okay thanks. Let's hope he takes those power skating lessons soon.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I hope we take a look at signing Drake caggiula out of North Dakota and Austin Czarnik from Miami.

Two high skilled centers but play different styles.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
A prospect nobody really talks about is Jake Walman at Providence. Anyone get the chance to watch him so far?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Samuel Blais also had an assist. He's slowed down since the start of the season but he has the potential of being a late round steal.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Fabbri had 2 assists in a 3-0 win today. Barbashev is 1+1 today in the 2nd, trailing 4-2.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
got to watch schmaltz a little bit the other day. he is defiantly a power play quarterback and has great break out passes. defensively he seemed torn between wanting to chase the puck carrier and stay in position. but he does seem to know to park in front of the net and attack the puck when it gets close, just sometimes attacks it all the way up to the blue line. his skating looked effortless which made it tough to tell if he was going full speed or not.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Liking the look of our defensive prospects. You've got potentially big and physical defensemen in Lindbohm and Parayko and then the offensive prowess of Scmaltz and Vanelli.

That said, will Hakanpaa and Edmunson amount to anything in the NHL?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Lindbohm is not a physical defenseman.

As a side note, Lindbohm did not look good today. I did not watch a lot of the game, but, once again, Lindbohm had trouble with the puck in tight and turned it over for a goal. On another goal-against, he saw the IceHogs forward get in behind him, but failed to tie him up in front of Climie.

Edmundson has yet to play this season, but his back must not be totally screwed up because he recently won a ping pong tournament against some of his teammates.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
nice thanks for posting. I see a future Norris candidate in #72 for Kitchener

That's Ryan Macinnis :laugh:

After a "slow" start, Fabbri is actually scoring at a better pace than last year with far less talent around him. I have to believe that we'll make a spot on the roster for him next year.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

As a side note, Lindbohm did not look good today. I did not watch a lot of the game, but, once again, Lindbohm had trouble with the puck in tight and turned it over for a goal. On another goal-against, he saw the IceHogs forward get in behind him, but failed to tie him up in front of Climie.

Edmundson has yet to play this season, but his back must not be totally screwed up because he recently won a ping pong tournament against some of his teammates.

Seriously? He definitely had an edge to his game and wasnt afraid to mix it up in the crease when he was last called up.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Hey CB,

How has McRae looked? After a slow start it seems like he is finding a way to put up points on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad