2014-15 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
"Wah wah wah, Desharnais sucks!"
"Wah wah wah, Parenteau can't work on a line with Pacioretty and Desharnais"
"Wah wah wah, it was just an intra-squad scrimmage, against AHLers and junior players..."

Newsflash haters, EVERY other line was playing against AHLers and junior players, and they didn't do half as good as this line. It's a very good combination that's going to be very productive for us, whether you like it or not.

Otherwise, Galchenyuk has to get his head straight. Didn't look "there" every shift today, whiffed on easy passes and just looked disinterested at times.

We saw the best and the worst of Gilbert. When he has a man on his back, man is it tough for him to get free and win his battles. Whenever he has the puck on his stick though and that we're in possession, he's a clever player.

Our 4th line is going to be lovely, but I'd like coaches to remind Prust he's a blue-collar, not a finesse player.

Among Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu, I couldn't single out one player who did significantly better than the other 2 today, even though I think Tinordi looked more "NHL-ready" than the other two. Beaulieu didn't do too bad neither. Pateryn had a couple of bad turnovers.

Among forwards, I think JDLR showed what he could give to this team today. Sekac is clever with the puck, but looked nervous at times. Andrighetto was MIA.

Fucale looked very good today. Kid looks focus all the time.

I wish Scherbak would've played.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Boullion might get the final spot only because they probably don't want one of Tinordi or Beaulieu riding the bench.

I didn't like any D-men today. They all looked pretty bad, hard to single anyone out. I don't blame them, it's difficult to play at a high level when you don't want to injure your teammates. The forwards took advantage of the D's passivity. We'll get a better judge of the D during the pre-season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Wah wah wah, it was just an intra-squad scrimmage, against AHLers and junior players..."

Newsflash haters, EVERY other line was playing against AHLers and junior players, and they didn't do half as good as this line. It's a very good combination that's going to be very productive for us, whether you like it or not.

Otherwise, Galchenyuk has to get his head straight. Didn't look "there" every shift today, whiffed on easy passes and just looked disinterested at times.

We saw the best and the worst of Gilbert. When he has a man on his back, man is it tough for him to get free and win his battles. Whenever he has the puck on his stick though and that we're in possession, he's a clever player.

Our 4th line is going to be lovely, but I'd like coaches to remind Prust he's a blue-collar, not a finesse player.

Among Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu, I couldn't single out one player who did significantly better than the other 2 today, even though I think Tinordi looked more "NHL-ready" than the other two. Beaulieu didn't do too bad neither. Pateryn had a couple of bad turnovers.

Among forwards, I think JDLR showed what he could give to this team today. Sekac is clever with the puck, but looked nervous at times. Andrighetto was MIA.

My god man.. You're crying more about the Desharnais hate than I cry about Desharnais on the team. That's near impossible. Yet you are managing it. Calm down

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

You realize two of our NHL lines played directly against each other on literally every single shift right? The fourth line and the DD line are the only ones who played against AHLers/juniors.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

... yes. Yes he did. Had one good shift when he pushed hard to the net and looked like a monster, but otherwise, he looked incredibly tentative out there, missed some easy passes and whiffed on an easy play at the end of the game.

For all the hate Desharnais gets, if it happened one single time to him, you'd read 25 straight hate posts against him.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
DD gets a lot of hate but I don't think there's a centre on this team that can feed Pacioretty better (maybe Galchenyuk in the future). Bournival's speed surprises me every time i see him play. Sekac made some very nice plays, and had some good chemistry with Plek.

The Weise Malhotra Prust line has the ability to be a very very good 4th line for this team. Moen looks finished.

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013

thisssssss, it's as if he doesnt like playing hockey. God damnit I was his no.1 fan .

he's a bust, I can't think straight ****kkkkkkkk

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You realize two of our NHL lines played directly against each other on literally every single shift right? The fourth line and the DD line are the only ones who played against AHLers/juniors.

For the whole 1st period, Plekanec was matched against Desharnais. Whether you like it or not.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa

Lol.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

DD's line played head to head with Plekanec's line with Finley and Drewiske on D, occassionaly against PK and Emelin. They ripped apart the Finley-Drewiske pairing.

Eller's line played head to head with Chucky's with PK and Emelin on D and owned them possession wise.

Malholtra went head to head with Bournival, Dumont and Gregoire.

Hudon, Thomas and Sorkin went head to head with Dowell, Bowman and McCarron.

MauriceTheGreat*

I don't think so. All the vets on D were coasting hard, even Subban. They didn't want to get hurt. It was hard for the D in general because they didn't want to hurt anyone themselves. They were all pretty passive. No one wants to get injured in a scrimmage.

Subban clearly was on neutral but its fine because there is no competition for him. We'll see more in the pre season but I think it would be a good thing if Pateryn stole Weaver's place somewhere in the season. (I think he can)
Bealieu-Pateryn could be pretty good and paired with Tinner it could be brutal.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
thisssssss, it's as if he doesnt like playing hockey. God damnit I was his no.1 fan .

he's a bust, I can't think straight ****kkkkkkkk

Yeah, because I totally said he's a bust :shakehead

You know what's funny with those sarcastic posts? It's that it hides some actual concerns of yours about the player.

It's his 3rd year. I'm not expecting a 100 points season from him, but I'd like to see him dominate the play sometimes.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, because I totally said he's a bust :shakehead

You know what's funny with those sarcastic posts? It's that it hides some actual concerns of yours about the player.

It's his 3rd year. I'm not expecting a 100 points season from him, but I'd like to see him dominate the play sometimes.

Okay.. And in your mind dominating the play would be forcing passes to Pacioretty every play? K

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
McCarron was by far the most disappointing prospect. Looked sluggish and behind the play. I will give him the benefit of the doubt since the scrimmages were more about skill considering that everyone held back their physical game. I'll hold my tongue until pre-season.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

This was the exact type of game DD shines in. Playoffs not so much.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyways.. Reading into veteran performance in a scrimmage is as useless as it gets. This is only an area to see how the young kids play off veterans and try to establish themselves as candidates for pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad