2014-15 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
I
Moen isnt finished and i think that with some minor adjustments he could still be useful to us... :wally:

tfcHppb.jpg

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Line-up I see as of now:

PAc - DD - PAP
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Sekac
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Moen

Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver
Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

I think that's pretty much what I see too. However I could also see:

Patches - DD - PAP
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Bourque

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think that's pretty much what I see too. However I could also see:

Patches - DD - PAP
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Bourque

You could and will likely see a bunch of different combinations. At least I hope so. That's what camp is for.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
The guy is also 32 years old. He's getting up there for a physical 4th line guy. He's played almost 700 games in the nhl, a lot for that type of player. Unfortunately, the concussions accelerated his decline. He's still solid depth to have imo, but the problem is that you can't carry 30 forwards. With a set 4th line and with Bournival and Sekac showing that they can slot into a middle 6 position, it will be really really tough for Moen to crack the line up. His experience right now is keeping him afloat.

Let this be a lesson to all GMs out there, never sign a 4th liner for more than 2 years.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't see how the org chooses Beaulieu or Tinordi over Bouillon, he clearly outplayed them in that game.

The organisation isn't selecting player for one one game, there is some longer term planning that are guiding there decision.
Bouillon isn't improving or getting younger, Beaulieu Tinordi and Pateryn could all be better than him before the end of the year...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
The organisation isn't selecting player for one one game, there is some longer term planning that are guiding there decision.
Bouillon isn't improving or getting younger, Beaulieu Tinordi and Pateryn could all be better than him before the end of the year...

Hope Therrien understands this. Why waste NHL game experience on an old guy when our youngsters can use it to progress.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
LMFAO

Do i have to remind people that last year, not in the scrimmage (where hitting isn't part of the game really) but in the pre-season game that the line of Pactches-DD-Brere had already some chemistry and they were already dominating the play. Briere felt comfortable there, they were our best line in the pre-season.

How did they do in the real season again?
:laugh:

This is FREAKING scrimmage, it's not a game, it's barely a practice.
You shouldn't even be allowed to watch them, it's the first year we saw scrimmage and already some of you think it's good to evaluate NHLer who just getting in shape, not wanting to get hurt and try the things they practiced this summer.

Seriously? Did I call DD a franchise center off the scrimmage? I just said he dominated, oh right this is HF so let's not give the guy any credit for looking great from day 1 of camp. Chuckie didnt dominate, that's it. I am fully aware that DD isn't an ideal 1C but he's the guy Patches wants to play with. Oh I guess you know so much more about hockey than Max Pacioretty right??? Did you ever even play hockey?

I've been protecting DD from you guys the last couple days because we have no one else better to play with Patches. I'm not his fanboy or anything, but you guys are severely underating him, anyone should at least acknowledge that as today, DD has the best passing skills of any C on this team and has very good hockey sense.

Max Pac was the 4th best scorer in the NHL last year and DD is the only center he's had success with. You take DD out his line we might not even make the playoffs. Gaining experience in the playoffs is probably the most beneficial thing for our kids right now.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Seriously? Did I call DD a franchise center off the scrimmage? I just said he dominated, oh right this is HF so let's not give the guy any credit for looking great from day 1 of camp. Chuckie didnt dominate, that's it. I am fully aware that DD isn't an ideal 1C but he's the guy Patches wants to play with. Oh I guess you know so much more about hockey than Max Pacioretty right??? Did you ever even play hockey?

I've been protecting DD from you guys the last couple days because we have no one else better to play with Patches. I'm not his fanboy or anything, but you guys are severely underating him, anyone should at least acknowledge that as today, DD has the best passing skills of any C on this team and has very good hockey sense.

Max Pac was the 4th best scorer in the NHL last year and DD is the only center he's had success with. You take DD out his line we might not even make the playoffs. Gaining experience in the playoffs is probably the most beneficial thing for our kids right now.

False. Patches had success with Gomez and Gionta.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if it's possible to see

Patch-DD-PAP
Ghetto-Plek-Sekac
Eller-Chuckie-Gally
Bourque-Malholtra-Prust/Weise
Moen

To start the season.

Sucks though I want to see Bournival in the line-up.
??

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
I wonder if it's possible to see

Patch-DD-PAP
Ghetto-Plek-Sekac
Eller-Chuckie-Gally
Bourque-Malholtra-Prust/Weise
Moen

To start the season.

Sucks though I want to see Bournival in the line-up.
??

No way both Ghetto and Sekac make the team. Plus, they need Plekanec against the opposition's top lines so they wouldn't both be playing with him, if they did make it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
When it's time for a guy to go....it's time. Have no idea why Moen is still part of this team unless nobody wants him even for a 5th or 6th rounder.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
When it's time for a guy to go....it's time. Have no idea why Moen is still part of this team unless nobody wants him even for a 5th or 6th rounder.

At least thats something we can all agree on. Especially when you got TT as a head scout. If you can get any kind of draft picks for your scrubs you go ahead and move them, then Timmins works his magic and turns these scrubs into Gallaghers. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille