Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk: v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
I personally have really liked Demers and think he's suffered from having to play with this very poor version of Daley and/or Jordie. I think if he had a decent partner he'd be viewed much higher around here. He's also very sturdy despite not being very big and has been physical without getting caught out of position.

I think you posted this before yesterday's game. I don't recall who was playing with Daley to start the game, but Daley had a horrendous first period last night. At one point, he actually stared down a Canuck and passed the puck directly onto his stick at center ice. Even the best defender would get thrown off his game when his partner is regularly making decisions like that.

Demers has been fairly solid at both ends. He needs a strong defensive partner.

Dillon has been steadily improving in SJ, but he is still prone to these absolutely baffling decisions and terrible turnovers. I am starting to understand where he learned to play like that...

I'm just hoping that the currently awful play of our veteran "leadership" doesn't rub off on the young d-men too much. I mean, the JJ turnover at his own blueline last night was completely unnecessary. That's a silly play, and the "leaders" should not just be verbally reprimanding him for that, but leading by example and NOT making terrible plays like the one Daley made.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
The only thing that I've ever done that could be construed as defending Ali is comment on how damn fine she was.

I have never relied on the studio crew for intriguing commentary about the game though. I come here for that. However, I can defintely say that I've never once thought to myself "thank god that we have Bogorad now instead of Ali). I simply don't care about who has that gig. I suppose the doofy guy with a semblance of hockey knowledge is a better option than the hot chick with the ridiculous speech patterns but it really has no effect on me whatsoever.

She wasn't "damn fine." Maybe "real world doable." She also looked like she always had a cold sore on her lip. It was probably a mole or something but looked bad. Bogorad is better just because he can talk normally. Lucia was torturous to listen to.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
She wasn't "damn fine." Maybe "real world doable." She also looked like she always had a cold sore on her lip. It was probably a mole or something but looked bad. Bogorad is better just because he can talk normally. Lucia was torturous to listen to.
Different strokes, different folks, yadda yadda. And like I said, I never really intently pay attention to anything that they have to say. Whether it's Ali, Ludwig, Bogorad or whomever. I either change the channel or keep it on in the background while I do something else. Even when I did actually pay attention to it, her speaking patterns weren't something that really bothered me that much. Did she suck at her job? Probably. But just speaking for myself, I couldn't have cared less.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
On my end this is correct. 95% of their content is worthless, and I learned quickly that it had zero value for me.

Yes, but its a nice looking package, and occasionally serves a difft purpose than hfboards for me. I like me some pictures, derp.

These boards are pretty fugly imho.

I was on the lookout for a userstyle replacement for vbulletin that I could put in place of the current one. (I use the mobile view on my work desktop so its a bit less conspicuous) example: http://i.imgur.com/SJL4gyi.png

*I vehemently disliked Ali Lucia, overjoyed not to have seen her lately.

Last edited:

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I lurked here for a couple years before I was brave enough to post.

I left DBD after the layout update. It was terribly slow.

I actually had some interactions outside of commenting with the staff there. Worley is a super nice guy. He hooked me up with a guest blog on there for one of my clients. I've played several EASHL games with Liles. He's a really cool guy too. I get along great with him.

Something that I didn't realize about DBD when I was active there that was obvious once I became a regular here was the lack of prospect knowledge. They always painted every prospect as having a legit NHL future.

I love HF. You get a better picture of what's going on league-wise. I don't have a beef with DBD, I just don't need to go there.

Last edited:

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I lurked here for a couple years before I was brave enough to post.

I left DBD after the layout update. It was terribly slow.

I actually had some interactions outside of commenting with the staff there. Worley is a super nice guy. He hooked me up with a guest blog on there for one of my clients.

I've played several EASHL games with Liles. He's a really cool guy too. I get along great with him.

Something that I didn't realize about DBD when I was active there that I was obvious once I became a regular here was the lack of prospect knowledge. They always painted every prospect as being a legit NHL future.

I love HF. You get a better picture of what's going on league-wise. I don't have a beef with DBD, I just don't need to go there.

Same here man. I think we actually got here at the same time.

EDIT: Yep. Feb 2012. We're bros! :cheers::5:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
That's about when I stopped visiting DBD. I didn't like their writing or how some of them came across, or the commenting in general. I know I played at least one EASHL game with you Trill, I think it was right before my Xbox died so I was out of commission for awhile.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
That's about when I stopped visiting DBD. I didn't like their writing or how some of them came across, or the commenting in general. I know I played at least one EASHL game with you Trill, I think it was right before my Xbox died so I was out of commission for awhile.

What's your gamertag? I'm on XBO now and only play BAGM. Hutch and I used to play all the time on 360.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
How did Trade Talk turn into DBD and video game talk?

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

With WPG dealing with D injuries... would there be a deal to be made for Buff? they had him up a forward and moved him back to D once the injuries hit. Could be a chance to move Goli?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

With WPG dealing with D injuries... would there be a deal to be made for Buff? they had him up a forward and moved him back to D once the injuries hit. Could be a chance to move Goli?

He is their only NHL quality defenseman right now so there is no chance in hell they will move him

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

Aren't 4 of their top 6 out until February? Seems unlikely they move a D man, especially that one to a division rival.

aloonda*

Aren't 4 of their top 6 out until February? Seems unlikely they move a D man, especially that one to a division rival.

buf is signed until 2016 I think
I would trade daley and goose for him if they need quantity

somewhat half joking here

know it wouldn't happen

but wishing it were so

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not sure if I have ever heard of a quantity for quality trade based on immediate injury need. Nil has sure done a few quantity to get quality trades, and this would be similar, on the veteran for veteran level.

I would probably do it on the Dallas side (or would have if we didn't waive KC and had more depth) but I doubt WPG would do that, preferring the continuity and quality of BUFF and picking up some Aaron Rome types to fill the gap for a few months if they have no one in the farm system.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
What's your gamertag? I'm on XBO now and only play BAGM. Hutch and I used to play all the time on 360.

I think it may have been SheaDog12 or just SheaDog. I always played as a left shot RD. Awhile after I bought a used 360 to get me through until XBO came out. It also went kaput. Then decided I didn't want to pay that much for XBO when NHL was the only game I played anymore. Glad of my decision when I saw that they left all the best parts out of the next gen version of the game.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
no way. keith? yeah probably. prolly not for seabrook though.

I don't think Chicago has much separation between Keith and Seabrook's value. They're a perfect pairing.

1) Sharp will likely be the odd man out there

2) We wouldnt be the only team bidding on Seabrook, and I don't even know if Val + Honka would be the highest bid.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
I don't think Chicago has much separation between Keith and Seabrook's value. They're a perfect pairing.

1) Sharp will likely be the odd man out there

2) We wouldnt be the only team bidding on Seabrook, and I don't even know if Val + Honka would be the highest bid.

I believe you on the bidding ( i can't claim a real understanding of his value in this situation) but for us, we aren't one player away. We have a young core of Benn, Seguin, Eakin, Rooster, Nuke and Klingon, JJ, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Honka.

That's good looking youth. I am not opposed to moving a young d to get a more proven vet D, but if we do I want a bigger body for sure. A net clearer with an edge.

Seabrook is very big but not a net clearing type defenseman at all. He hits in open ice but is borderline soft around his net. An excellent defenseman to be sure, and would easily be our best, but i just don't think a 1st line forward and a young potential stud D is a good price for this team to pay for him.

But then i didn't think spezza was the right pick up either so what do i know. Slow and no D. thanks not so much. Despite his points, i STILL feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad