Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk: v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaSteve*

Didn't we just establish that he's phoning it in this year?

How about last year?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Also scores more points playing with inferior teammates.

Aahhh...I see.

Benn has 105 points in his last 110 games

Hall has 98 points in his last 100 games

So basically exactly the same.

Where Hall falls short is in every single other facet of the game of hockey. Literally. Every single other facet. Which is exactly why Benn was the easy choice for Team Canada in the Olympics, and was one of their best players to boot. Could be why Benn was named 1st Team All-Star at LW over Hall as well.

Benn is not the perfect player, nor is he on top of his game every night (this season especially) but he doesn't have the holes in his game that Hall does and he does much, much more.

But hey, Hall was drafted 1st overall and can skate faster in a straight line (when he has the puck) and scores points n stuff. Totally the better player.

Neither guy is having a great season so far, but the fact remains that Hall needs to work on every other area of his game before he can carry the tool bag that Benn does and be considered the better player. He's just not. Sorry.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Hall has more talent than Benn but his heart and character are to be desired at times.

Benn looks like doesn't look like he gives a crap either though this year so there's that.

I'd take Benn before Hall but not by much.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I'm not even sure Hall has more talent. I mean, it's possible, but then I think of all the stuff Benn can do and has done on the ice - his goals and what not - and then I believe that would be selling him short in that category. Benn has a ton of talent.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Didn't we just establish that he's phoning it in this year?

How about last year?

Hall- 80 points -15
Benn- 79 points +21

It should be noted that Hall's "inferior" linemates scored 20 and 30 points more than Nichushkin respectively. And unless you think that 55+ point players RNH and Eberle are inferior to 12 point player Colton Sceviour I'm pretty sure the argument could be made that Hall's linemates are collectively still better than Benn's.

I could also list all the statistical ways in which Benn is better than Hall but let's be honest here you're just trying to be an obnoxious troll

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Hall- 80 points -15
Benn- 79 points +21

It should be noted that Hall's "inferior" linemates scored 20 and 30 points more than Nichushkin respectively. And unless you think that 55+ point players RNH and Eberle are inferior to 12 point player Colton Sceviour I'm pretty sure the argument could be made that Hall's linemates are collectively still better than Benn's.

I could also list all the statistical ways in which Benn is better than Hall but let's be honest here you're just trying to be an obnoxious troll

I+am+a+and+i+approve+this+message+_b5fb27902ca08fa248036011611a16b0.jpg

Except the +/- stat can be misleading. I mean, in this case it has a bit to do with the oilers having awful goaltending as compared to us (last season anyways), but without a doubt you can chalk a lot of it up to the simple fact that he's poor defensively compared to Benn.

By poor, I mean his defensive game is non-existent.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Disagreeing with you is trolling?

I would say that calling yourself BennFan when all you've done today is post about how bad he is strongly suggests that you're trolling rather than attempting to engage in conversation. But if you could respond to literally anyone constructively instead of posting ******** everywhere then no one would be calling you a troll.

edit: Slight correction. Hall did not get a point again tonight so he is now pacing for 57 points in 82 games rather than 59. With the games missed due to injury he is on pace for 53 points this year which puts him at 20 points below Benn's current pace. That is the difference between Benn struggling this year and Hall giving the **** up.

Last edited:

aloonda*

I+am+a+and+i+approve+this+message+_b5fb27902ca08fa248036011611a16b0.jpg

Except the +/- stat can be misleading. I mean, in this case it has a bit to do with the oilers having awful goaltending as compared to us (last season anyways), but without a doubt you can chalk a lot of it up to the simple fact that he's poor defensively compared to Benn.

By poor, I mean his defensive game is non-existent.

i trust tj's opinion over anyone

especially anyone claiming hall over benn

tie up the laces

let's go between those two

lol

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Little do we know BennFan is actually a huge Jordie lover, and thinks that he's the chosen one. Then it would all make sense. Put the target on Jamie so the heat leaves Jordie. How could we not see it before?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Dallas has been following Philly around all year, it seems.

Could they be following Luke Schenn? I know Philly has scratched him a few times so maybe they would be ok with trading him. Philly could definitely use a PMD...all they have is the old Streit and the not very good Del Zotto for that. So maybe they would be interested in Goligoski or Daley? Daley is a -15 while Goligoski is even and just playing injured...so I think you are better off moving Daley. I also dont think Philly can afford Goligoski...they are at cap.

I do like Luke Schenn. I don't think he has fit in with Philly. They seem to want him to play a simpler game but thats hard to do when most of their other D don't know how to move the puck...so at times he has tried to do too much maybe. I do think he would fit in better with Dallas and he is also RD which I know Dallas lacks.

Maybe something like this:
Goligoski - L.Schenn
Oleksiak - Klingberg
Jokipakka - Demers

Last edited:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
TJ please tell me that's you in your avi?

Why yes it is, sir.

Went for the Cesare Maniago look.

Took my niece and nephew trick-or-treating this Halloween and threw the costume together last minute. My dad's old goal equipment, an old plastic mask kicking around, and of course some of my North Stars gear.

Ya dig?

Currently my Facebook profile pic. Thinking of changing it since it's not been bringing the boys any luck on the ice.

10383639_10152839858952445_298165660797157037_n.jpg

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
BennFan has had his trolling pants on since post number one. Maybe he's actually ScubaSteve.

Edit: I should have read the entire page before I posted. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that SS may have finally made his triumphant return.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If it's like saying Beetlejuice 3 times then you just blew it saying it the 3rd time :sarcasm:

It was an elaborate long game which you totally ruined. I was gonna say Snorkle Sven a bunch, comment about his No Country For Old Men avatar etc and then in exasperation he would confess to being Scuba Steve.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I only caught the tail end of Scuba Steve, he pretty much disappeared once Benn got really good. It was encouraging to think that trolls would remove themselves once their entire worldview (Benn is terrible) fell to pieces.

Maybe somebody with more tenure can share their Scuba Steve memories, I'm sort of curious because of how long he stuck around relative to the slimtonill types.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
You were so annoying the first time, I am going to steal "gonchoffing" and feel no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad