Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk: v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Guys. He's right. We didn't kidnap Subban and trade for Weber this summer and Spezza didn't take league minimum on his salary. Fire Nill. We haven't won a cup with him. Replace him with Gulutzan as GM and Turco in the pipes.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Guys. He's right. We didn't kidnap Subban and trade for Weber this summer and Spezza didn't take league minimum on his salary. Fire Nill. We haven't won a cup with him. Replace him with Turco as GM and Gulutzan in the pipes.

FIFY :sarcasm:

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
It's probably not SlimtoNill as he was an actual fan of the good J Benn and tolerated last years bearded J Benn.

That guy was so money though, predicting that Nill would duplicate his first off season by Gonchcoffing it up. Ales Hemsky is seriously overpaid from the very beginning nonetheless. The Eaves acquisition actually created a situation where a decent fourth liner is playing in the top six. Instead of riding out the Gonchar failure of a contract in a losing year Nill created he screws us with another year of a second rate knucklechucker in Moen.

We totally screwed Dillon and acted shocked when he wasn't performing with his crappy line mates. Ripping him off had nothing to do with his start I'm sure. That was foreshadowed as the obvious sitting of Pevs, which no one would believe.

This board actually defended Ali Lucia, who was easily the worst I've ever seen on TV. Supposedly she had intangibles such as "hockey knowledge" and good questions. Go ahead and chew on that for a while. She doesn't suck because she probably had the easily quantifiable good hockey knowledge.

Still the guy couldn't predict that we would suck this bad. Tom G and his fat stacks of cash are 100 times better than Nill. Where did all the "I trust in Nill" go to?

Lastly the super line is the only good thing going. If we had a healthy Nuke and Ritchie up on the second line along with a center pick up similar to the wasted cash on Hemsky. We would be freaking awesome, even now play the bulldogs on line 2 and last years best AHL line for line 3 and we are still decent.

Don't worry boys, trust in Nill.

:laugh: Now you're just blowing it out your ***. :laugh:

Primetimey*

I don't recall a single person liking Lucia.

We get WCCA up here as our affiliate for whatever station that is.. ABC, NBC, etc..

I saw her on the morning news one time and watched her do a traffic update. Same.. old.. pausinggggg .... annoying ****.

slim to nill*

I might have confused this place with Defending Big D (which went over the top crazy to defend her). I have seen talk of Nill purposely sucking this year to get a good pick as equally nuts though. Either way Julie or whatever her name is way better at talking and acting like a human being. The bar was set so low.

Either way, not only did we give away Dillon ( who could have been awesome with a future stud in klingberg)we couldn't get one decent stay at home defenseman in the off season. How was that not a priority? Some idiot would actually have given us good return for Daley after his hot start and they trade Dillon instead? We have like 5 Daleys/ Goose clones ready for the AHL next season and we trade our only legit stay at home D man even after Nemeth is hurt. sure Nemeth getting hurt was flukey, but we are not even playing the kids now. Klingberg would be still down in CP if it weren't for that injury. Big Rig, JJ and Klingberg should be playing every night at this point.

Trust in Nill to get us Mcdavid.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I might have confused this place with Defending Big D (which went over the top crazy to defend her). I have seen talk of Nill purposely sucking this year to get a good pick as equally nuts though. Either way Julie or whatever her name is way better at talking and acting like a human being. The bar was set so low.

Either way, not only did we give away Dillon ( who could have been awesome with a future stud in klingberg)we couldn't get one decent stay at home defenseman in the off season. How was that not a priority? Some idiot would actually have given us good return for Daley after his hot start and they trade Dillon instead? We have like 5 Daleys/ Goose clones ready for the AHL next season and we trade our only legit stay at home D man even after Nemeth is hurt. sure Nemeth getting hurt was flukey, but we are not even playing the kids now. Klingberg would be still down in CP if it weren't for that injury. Big Rig, JJ and Klingberg should be playing every night at this point.

Let go of hindsight and think about this. Daley-Goligoski was playing like a top pair, Dillon-Benn handled tough minutes all year, Nemeth looks like he can be a big contributor, and we have Gonchar and Connauton to fill out the lineup plus 3 defensemen who need waivers in 2015-16. Where is the room to add a big free agent? How would Klingberg, Oleksiak, and Jokipakka get the reps they need if you have a 4-5m commitment to Stralman or Fayne? Is it worth going big after a 2nd pair guy when what you need is a #1?

Nill made a rational decision because he didn't expect the defense to fall to pieces, he didn't overspend and hurt the team in the short and long term. Criticism for selling low on Dillon is valid IMO, but it isn't really his call when Lindy doesn't play 3 rookies at once.

haf

Mar 3, 2008

please never ever do the bolded.

dillon for demers was, and remains, an absolutely baffling trade. Demers relative corsi was significantly better and Nill wanted a right shot, but it doesn't take a genius to see this team struggles defending bigger bodies around the net. I can only think that it was in part due to Dillon's "very frustrating" contract negotiations or that the contract negotiations were frustrating because Nill had plans to move him all along. Either way, it feels connected.

I am in the rare camp that actually likes Daley (moving him to the left was a terrible idea from the gate).

The Demers acquisition makes more sense if you think of it as a bigger plan to reshape the D. Give Nill some time to do the next round. It may make more sense if Daley or Goose are traded as part of a bigger package for a legit top pairing guy. Then Demers as a two-way right shot on the 2nd pairing makes a lot of sense.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

That's a cardinal sin in my book. Buh bye

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
I personally have really liked Demers and think he's suffered from having to play with this very poor version of Daley and/or Jordie. I think if he had a decent partner he'd be viewed much higher around here. He's also very sturdy despite not being very big and has been physical without getting caught out of position.

I agree Dillon had more potential, but I also trust Nill's evaluation of talent and if he thought Dillon had peaked/wasn't going to be worth the money, might as well make the deal when it's on the table. Demers is a serviceable player who lets us trade Daley/someone else if the kids mature the way we're hoping they will.

Overall with Dillon they turned an undrafted free agent into a serviceable D-man who can skate and play physical and pass the puck, and got a third round pick out of it. Good work West coast scouts.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
The only thing that I've ever done that could be construed as defending Ali is comment on how damn fine she was.

I have never relied on the studio crew for intriguing commentary about the game though. I come here for that. However, I can defintely say that I've never once thought to myself "thank god that we have Bogorad now instead of Ali). I simply don't care about who has that gig. I suppose the doofy guy with a semblance of hockey knowledge is a better option than the hot chick with the ridiculous speech patterns but it really has no effect on me whatsoever.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I seem to remember he and Bench (current mod on the Wings board) teaming up to troll us for awhile? For some reason I connect the two as being partners in crime. They were like the Ace and Gary of trolling this board. I'll give them credit though, they both managed to draw me offsides on several occasions.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I seem to remember he and Bench (current mod on the Wings board) teaming up to troll us for awhile? For some reason I connect the two as being partners in crime. They were like the Ace and Gary of trolling this board. I'll give them credit though, they both managed to draw me offsides on several occasions.

Bench was a Stars fan and on the old ASP boards before bankruptcy.

MetalGodAOD*

I guess I'm the only one that goes here and DBD?

No you're not the only one, plenty of people on this board do. From what I understand the dislike for DBD really stems from certain editors/writers of theirs, not the people who post there.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
No you're not the only one, plenty of people on this board do. From what I understand the dislike for DBD really stems from certain editors/writers of theirs, not the people who post there.

On my end this is correct. 95% of their content is worthless, and I learned quickly that it had zero value for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad