Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk: v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
As opposed to an overvaluing of veterans? Honka and Nichushkin have yet to develop an identity. Let's see what's in these blue chip pinadas before handing them over to some snot nosed runts.

People tend to overvalue Art Ross and Hart Trophy winners.

Maybe he's like some of the rest of us who can't stand Crosby's attitude and don't really want him no matter how good he is?

Weber...done deal. Malkin...done deal.

That's weird. Crosby has a punchable face that I don't like looking at but would cheer for him in a nanosecond if we somehow duped them into giving him to us.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I'll tell ya whats happening. Winning is rare and it's confusing everyone. Or too much eggnog and sugar cookies.

Satan is Santa and Lobo is his elf.

McDavid.

NukeJukes43

I've moved away from the dream of McDavid. There is still slight hope I suppose, with the lottery and all. But it's really hard to out tank the Oilers. That organization is trash from top to bottom. They're probably getting McDavid, and I weep for him.

slim to nill*

Maybe we could trade Jordie Benn or Moen to Colombus for Kevin Connaughton and a late round pick? That spare scored again. Rumor has it that nobody went to KC's b-day party except for Ralphie and a half dozen employees from Baby Dolls. The advantage would be getting a young cheap offensive D-man while losing a player that shouldn't be on the roster.

This is definitely some outside the box thinking, some what similar to "Draft Day". But if anyone could do its Nill. If not maybe we can get Dillon for Hemskey?

Trust in Nill!

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
That's weird. Crosby has a punchable face that I don't like looking at but would cheer for him in a nanosecond if we somehow duped them into giving him to us.

Character, character, character. That's what's important to me at least. Above winning even. I can't stand Crosby's attitude. It would hurt my fandom to build around him.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Character, character, character. That's what's important to me at least. Above winning even. I can't stand Crosby's attitude. It would hurt my fandom to build around him.

Yes you're right. The Stars need more players like Sean Avery and Ryan Garbutt instead of the best player in the world who is kind of whiny and annoying but otherwise unobjectionable.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Yes you're right. The Stars need more players like Sean Avery and Ryan Garbutt instead of the best player in the world who is kind of whiny and annoying but otherwise unobjectionable.

Umm. When did I say anything about needing Avery or Garbutt?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden

Crosby might have the best work ethic in the entire league. :laugh: Also the most media trained athlete around and from everything I have heard a great guy. So what do you dislike about Crosby's attitude? His hate for losing? Him getting to emotional during games? He's basically a better cleaner Roussel when it comes to Character.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Crosby might have the best work ethic in the entire league. :laugh: Also the most media trained athlete around and from everything I have heard a great guy. So what do you dislike about Crosby's attitude? His hate for losing? Him getting to emotional during games? He's basically a better cleaner Roussel when it comes to Character.

I never saw Antoine crying like a baby :sarcasm:

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
The point still stands that Val + Honka for Seabrook is pretty moronic. Seabrook and Keith are products of eachother, and splitting them up isn't going to make one stronger. We don't "need" Seabrook and it absolutely would be piss poor asset management if you send those 2 off for a guy like him.

Comparing prospects like Chiasson, Honka, and Val is pretty redundant too. Chiasson had his seasons to work his way up the lineup and couldn't hack it. Val did.

I realize not trading Nuke AND Honka for anyone is not just overstating my case, but being aggressively wrong, but thank you for emphasizing the general point about how awful trading those two for Seabrook is.

Seabrook is an excellent player, made better by his Norris winning partner in a system inundated with 20 goal scorers. Dropping Seabrook onto a team where his partner would be a 3rd pairing d-man on a good team in a system with less 20 goal scorers will not transform Dallas enough to make it worth giving up Nuke and Honka: Dallas' only real blue chip prospects.

As to the overall discussion, I'm just not a fan of trading prospects right now. Dallas has plenty of prospects who may not look elite, but could be valuable role players. I'd like to see them develop with the proven core that exists now. This team isn't good enough to trade for one player and expect that person to be the difference. If someone overvalues an Oleksiak, Eakin, McKenzie, or Faksa, sure, knock your socks off. But the addition of Spezza and Hemsky should make it painfully obvious that this team simply performed above expectations last season, and needs more than duct tape, and a defibrillator to be elite.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Wow, you guys on here who don't want Crosby...are you serious??

Glad you're not our GM.

Wow!

Crosby would instantly become the leader of the franchise...with players that have such a huge role like a Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, you'd better like them because that character rubs off on the rest of the team. The Pens are known to be pricky and full of themselves...that starts at the top. I was talking to a guy who used to ref juniors and knows NHL refs. He said that his NHL ref friends all hated the Pens the most because of how arrogant they are. This franchise was built around a the uber classy and respectable Modano, and it's one of the classiest, best franchises in the league IMO. It's not just about Ws and Ls and having the "best" player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad