OT: 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I just picked up an on-line radio stream for the Bengals-Patriots game tonight as I am unable to be at home to watch. Sounds like the Bengals pre-game guy graduated from the Jack Michaels School of Sports Broadcasting. "Here on the BENGALS radio network". :laugh:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Brady / Patriots haters today...

tZOS8.gif

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
nice to see the Cowboys D silence a ton of doubt (including me)

they're getting it done despite a thin secondary are now 4-1...and Romo is clutching up...sure, it's not the final game of the season yet for him to falter, but it's nice to see him play so well

buretherocket

Oct 6, 2014
Edmonton
nice to see the Cowboys D silence a ton of doubt (including me)

they're getting it done despite a thin secondary are now 4-1...and Romo is clutching up...sure, it's not the final game of the season yet for him to falter, but it's nice to see him play so well

And their running back Demarco Murray is playing great to.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Get to watch my boys kick some Niner ass and Peyton make history tonight. So. Damn. Excited. Can't wait for this one.

I've got Hillman, Vernon Davis and Boldin, and am tempted to sit them all, although I expect a high scoring game. Should be epic. San Fran is ripe for the picking without Willis.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Get to watch my boys kick some Niner ass and Peyton make history tonight. So. Damn. Excited. Can't wait for this one.

Hopefully! With the way the Seahawks game is going, the Cardinals could be in great shape after today! :handclap:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've got Hillman, Vernon Davis and Boldin, and am tempted to sit them all, although I expect a high scoring game. Should be epic. San Fran is ripe for the picking without Willis.

The Denver pass D can be hit or miss, but steady enough I don't think it's worth taking the chance of keeping Davis or Boldin active. I'd definitely sit Hillman though. Will see a healthy diet of Thompson today, I'm guessing more than Ronnie.

YEAH! Actually in Denver for this one! Super stoked.

Damn you. So jealous :rant:

Hopefully! With the way the Seahawks game is going, the Cardinals could be in great shape after today! :handclap:

I can't believe Seattle is struggling the way they are. Expect that they'll get it together but if I were a Hawks fan I'd be a little worried.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well that was an interesting game. Steelers left far too many points on the table, but man was there some nice plays by both teams.

If you would've told me Big ben was throwing 300+ and they were getting 100+ out of RB that no one wanted, but only would score 21 points I would've laughed at you going into last nights game.

Not a Patriots fan, but damn does Gronk look unstoppable

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hate the Steelers so bad. Loved the Brady/Gronk show destroying them!

7 points isn't destroying. In all fairness the Steelers destroyed themselves more than NE destroyed them. The rookie mistakes on defense and the stupidty of a guy with no one near him in the end zone this game should've been 20+ point win for NE.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
7 points isn't destroying. In all fairness the Steelers destroyed themselves more than NE destroyed them. The rookie mistakes on defense and the stupidty of a guy with no one near him in the end zone this game should've been 20+ point win for NE.

The rest of the team didn't destroy them. But Brady/Gronk did when they made their plays.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The rest of the team didn't destroy them. But Brady/Gronk did when they made their plays.

I don't know. PIT left Gronk to do what he wanted. There was lots of times Brady could've went to him that he didn't. Not sure why you leave a guy like that much room play after play. You'd think after the first TD the defense would be aware of the guy. It's not like he's 5'7 180 and you can't see him.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i do feel like a genius for drafting brady in the 10th round when he was still suspended lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I just don't get how Eli could've potentially been the highest paid QB, but wanted to leave money for others. He's just so inconsistent, but I guess it's the way things go in Professional Sports.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I just don't get how Eli could've potentially been the highest paid QB, but wanted to leave money for others. He's just so inconsistent, but I guess it's the way things go in Professional Sports.

Being a Patriots fan we always heard he beat Brady in the superbowl, but even in those games he didn't light it up.

To me Eli is the type of player that he doesn't lose you games as much as he can keep you in games and do something miraculous the two superbowls gave him this mystic when it comes to big games. Because for the life of me I have never seen a guy when the game matters be as clutch as he can be. I mean people forget he was a first overall pick because nowadays that is usually defined especially with qb's picked that high is having one dynamic attribute. If anything he is your old school qb where he has alot of intangibles.

For all the years thinking he was overrated and not trying to be biased, he still is overrated but he does have the tools.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Being a Patriots fan we always heard he beat Brady in the superbowl, but even in those games he didn't light it up.

He was very good and did what he needed to WIN those Superbowls. 2-0. Eli Manning isn't a world beater, that's fine, but he's a fine quarterback who generally gives his team a chance to win, and is a very good playoff performer.

I get that certain people need to think he won 2 Superbowls by fluke, but he didn't, he won them with a good defense and a strong performances.

Again, 18 and 1, Still Not Superbowl Champs.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
He was very good and did what he needed to WIN those Superbowls. 2-0. Eli Manning isn't a world beater, that's fine, but he's a fine quarterback who generally gives his team a chance to win, and is a very good playoff performer.

I get that certain people need to think he won 2 Superbowls by fluke, but he didn't, he won them with a good defense and a strong performances.

Again, 18 and 1, Still Not Superbowl Champs.

I'm not taking shots at him at all, in fact at the end of the day no qb really wins you the game, they can lose you a game though .

Brady has never left the field in a superbowl without the lead, he could easily be 6-0, or 3-3 or somewhere else in the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad