OT: 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
What's up HFOil

I've been gone for a while but i'm back and the NFL is back!
I was surprised to see this thread had not been made yet.
The 94th NFL regular season is well under way and i just know there's a bunch of football fans here!

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Pats played terrible and won
Colts played terrible and won

Chicago defense was terrible
Reggie Bush is awesome

Weeden sucks
Jacksonville is LOL

That pretty much sums up the early games today.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

Reggie Bush is awesome

Weeden sucks
Jacksonville is LOL

And the Bucs couldn't beat the Jets. Their coach is going to make them run the stairs of the Met Life Stadium. He is a Pejorative Slur.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Carolina picked up right where they left off, blowing an extremely winnable game that they led in the 4th quarter. The defensive line looks great, but the secondary looks like crap, AGAIN. They have no offensive weapons beyond Steve Smith and Deangelo Williams, AGAIN. Looks like they'll be their usual irrelevant 7-9 selves. The NFC's version of the Buffalo Bills.

Bengals blew a game that they had won....Cleveland arrived late for the season...an Ed Hochulie reffing crew decides a game...just need Tony Romo to throw a 4th quarter pick at the worst possible time, and we'll know for sure that the same old NFL is back.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Reggie Bush is awesome

Weeden sucks
Jacksonville is LOL

Chicago was terrible everywhere, played just well enough to win in the 2 nd half

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I feel like the Arizona Cardinals are the Oilers of football.

Some good players ... more often than not they can compete with good teams. Then they fold like a cheap suit.

Either way they are fun to watch.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Giants complete gave that game to the Cowboys, and they still barely won. I'm not impressed with the G-Men, but the "boys" SUCK, Alot.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How many guys went "oh **** not again" when NE was losing to Buffalo? Or in my case "oh **** you stupid Colts, why are you trying to do what the Patriots did last year"?

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Looking forward to the Redskins hopefully prolonging their win streak against the Eagles tonight.

If they can make the playoffs this year, I'll start to get excited about what next offseason will bring, especially with the bogus cap circumvention penalty finally being up and having some room to add some pieces.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
sour grapes alert!

Cowboys were just as sloppy, just didn't give the ball away like the Giants did

:laugh:, maybe a bit, but if a team gives you 3 straight turn overs to start the game at home and you can only turn into 3 points, you're terrible.

Also, the turn over on that punt was the stupidest damned thing I've ever seen, I felt bad for the kid, he had no chance.

EVBetting Site

Jun 29, 2011
Edmonton
Carolina picked up right where they left off, blowing an extremely winnable game that they led in the 4th quarter. The defensive line looks great, but the secondary looks like crap, AGAIN. They have no offensive weapons beyond Steve Smith and Deangelo Williams, AGAIN. Looks like they'll be their usual irrelevant 7-9 selves. The NFC's version of the Buffalo Bills.

Bengals blew a game that they had won....Cleveland arrived late for the season...an Ed Hochulie reffing crew decides a game...just need Tony Romo to throw a 4th quarter pick at the worst possible time, and we'll know for sure that the same old NFL is back.

DeAngelo Williams is the opposite of an offensive weapon. Hesitant to hit the hole and terrified of contact in the slightest form. He would be an ok player if NFL football was run straight from endzone to endzone as fast as you can while making a quick lateral juke whenever you feel like it.

Carolina looked strong that game. That front 7, with the rookie DT plugging the middle now, especially was very impressive. They pushed one of the top 3-5 teams in the league to the edge in that game

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
That Weden pick in the 1st round was terrible. It's too bad because I like the Browns, but their QB situation has been a mess for years.

Yep. I'm not a huge Weeden fan, because I don't feel like he has much to develop.

Sucks Richardson didn't have the greatest game either.

PepsiFiend

Feb 19, 2009
Yep. I'm not a huge Weeden fan, because I don't feel like he has much to develop.

Sucks Richardson didn't have the greatest game either.

Funny how Colt McCoy took so much heat for much less than Weeden...At least Weeden has a few guys to work with now compared to McCoy. And Carolina is never going to win anything with Cam Newton at the helm, he makes his RB's useless as he fails to use his checkdowns in an effort to "save" the play by running! Ugly game for the Giants, thank goodness Eli showed up in the 2nd half and didn't make me look like a big idiot for starting him over Rodgers on my fantasy team!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
DeAngelo Williams is the opposite of an offensive weapon. Hesitant to hit the hole and terrified of contact in the slightest form. He would be an ok player if NFL football was run straight from endzone to endzone as fast as you can while making a quick lateral juke whenever you feel like it.

Carolina looked strong that game. That front 7, with the rookie DT plugging the middle now, especially was very impressive. They pushed one of the top 3-5 teams in the league to the edge in that game

DeAngelo is still a pretty good back, definitely built his career on agility as opposing to smashing into guys though, you're right in that regard.

Carolina has been trash on offense for a long time. When Brandon Lafell is your second best receiver for years on end, you have a problem. Teams have been able to double Steve Smith for most of his career.

I'm not as high on Seattle as most people are. Playoff team, but not a Super Bowl contender IMO. Starting your season off by losing at home to them thanks to a fumble on the 5 yard line may be interpreted by some as a sign that Carolina will be pretty good, I see it as a sign that it's business as usual and don't expect them to be in playoff contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad