OT: 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The rules.... Much more wide open. Have NFL players playing our rules on our field...how awesome would that be.

I don't want to turn this into a CFL-NFL debate.

It's hard to say what would happen with the wider field and parking lot for an end zone, but the defensive players in the NFL are stronger and faster which IMO would lead to a lot more stops, thus a punt every 3 plays. Not a fan of the CFL rules.

I will echo the dislike for the 40 second play clock. Not sure how much difference it would make if it were 25-30, but might change the outcome of a few games.

I see everyone talking fantasy teams and sports select, but have any of you guys ever played Draft Kings? Definitely some money out there. I got crushed last week thanks to Charles and AJ Green. Did good week 1. Week 5 they have a pool for 2.2 million (1 million to 1st) on a $27 buy in.... you just have to beat 92, 000 other people:sarcasm:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It's hard to say what would happen with the wider field and parking lot for an end zone, but the defensive players in the NFL are stronger and faster which IMO would lead to a lot more stops, thus a punt every 3 plays. Not a fan of the CFL rules.

I will echo the dislike for the 40 second play clock. Not sure how much difference it would make if it were 25-30, but might change the outcome of a few games.

I see everyone talking fantasy teams and sports select, but have any of you guys ever played Draft Kings? Definitely some money out there. I got crushed last week thanks to Charles and AJ Green. Did good week 1. Week 5 they have a pool for 2.2 million (1 million to 1st) on a $27 buy in.... you just have to beat 92, 000 other people:sarcasm:

I've been tempted to join fanduel. Same idea as draft king except theres multiple ways to win. You can enter tournaments and play against fantasy tv people for 5$-10$ buy ins or just randomly selected players. Kinda cool concept but never took the plunge

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I've been tempted to join fanduel. Same idea as draft king except theres multiple ways to win. You can enter tournaments and play against fantasy tv people for 5$-10$ buy ins. Kinda cool concept but never took the plunge

It's actually legit, I like to join the 50/50 leagues where like 100+ guys join. If you pick smart and know you're hockey you'll be better than half of them more times then not and be able to double your money. Plus it makes games more interesting... I had to ban myself from picking Oilers though, it almost ruined me....

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly I have zero issue with it. The NFL ****ed this situation up big time. You can't just suspend a guy and they re-suspend him after because of public opinion. There are channels you have to go through and the NFL seemed to just do what they wanted.

If it ever is proven that the NFL had the video all along good luck winning this one NFL.

On another sad note, I see Peterson is now barred from the team. Luckily for the NFL they haven't made a judgement yet and have an opportunity to not screw this one up. Maybe it's just me, but Peterson really is bordering on one of the biggest ******** that I can remember as a pro athlete. I don't know how many kids this guy has and how many of those that he gives a **** about(as we all know his son that died last year seemed to be more of a guy you see once a year in a pub than flesh and blood), but Peterson you can go **** yourself. At the very least get fixed so you don't have anymore kids.

Geez that's a lot of *

The way the league handled the Rice situation has been atrocious. Goodell gots to go.

There is nothing to win for the NFL. They absolutely had the Rice video before tmz got a copy.

Not really sure why it appears you have more outrage for Peterson than Rice. Rice flat out cold-cocked his fiancee. Absolutely no justification for what he did.

Peterson was disciplining his child. Definitely went too far with it, but it wasn't an attempt to knock the child out. If Peterson had hit his four year old with half the force Rice hit his wife with the child would have died. There's a weird cultural thing with the story too. If you grew up black in the south you got the switch ... which makes it acceptable I guess?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I've been tempted to join fanduel. Same idea as draft king except theres multiple ways to win. You can enter tournaments and play against fantasy tv people for 5$-10$ buy ins or just randomly selected players. Kinda cool concept but never took the plunge

Ya, a buddy mentioned that site to me, haven't checked it out yet. Sounds interesting though.

Pools has had some killer payouts week 1 and 2, I'm gonna dump a decent chunk on that today.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
On a sombre not, former Titans kicker Rob Bironas died last night in a car accident.

Left behind a wife who he just married a few months ago.

Tragic. RIP

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I loved James Harrison all those years helping the Steelers have such a dominate defense, but I really don't know how I feel about him coming out of retirement. Be different if he went through a camp, but at this point I just don't think he can do much.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I loved James Harrison all those years helping the Steelers have such a dominate defense, but I really don't know how I feel about him coming out of retirement. Be different if he went through a camp, but at this point I just don't think he can do much.

I get where you're coming from, but I won't rule out the impact he could still have. The man plays angry, and while the body might not be where it needs to be, the hate that guy can harness is like no other.

What isn't good is it probably means Shazier is gone longer than expected. That was a costly win.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I get where you're coming from, but I won't rule out the impact he could still have. The man plays angry, and while the body might not be where it needs to be, the hate that guy can harness is like no other.

What isn't good is it probably means Shazier is gone longer than expected. That was a costly win.

He is crazy so that could very well still help.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Boys I need some opinions. A guy in my fantasy league is offering me Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris.

Lacy has been bad this year but he should bounce back, shouldn't he? But Morris is having a really good year and he looks like he did the year the redskins drafted him.

Should i do the deal? I'm leaning towards yes.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Boys I need some opinions. A guy in my fantasy league is offering me Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris.

Lacy has been bad this year but he should bounce back, shouldn't he? But Morris is having a really good year and he looks like he did the year the redskins drafted him.

I think its a sideways move at best.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I wouldn't if I were you. Morris has been as consistent as it gets. Both are similar style backs, Lacy might have the slight edge as a receiving threat, but I like the Skins O-Line a bit better, as well as softer divisional match ups (the only good team is the Eagles, but they don't worry about stopping teams as much as they worry about putting up points). As FTR put it, lateral move at best.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Eddie Lacey vs the Bears run defence is intriguing....

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
If Lacy gets another concussion its game over for his season.

Yeah that's always a worry with him. I think I'll keep morris then. Green bay has starks too who is pretty underrated and they seem to give him the ball when lacy makes any form of a mistake(and he's made a lot this year).

Let's hope morris goes beast mode for the rest of the year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Eli Manning gets his first rushing TD in 3 years he's just trolling the Washington Football Squadron at this point, it's hilarious.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I'd like to second this in a big way. Thursday games are bad enough when you don't care about the outcome. As a Redskins fan, that game was unbearable.

As someone who switched manning with cousins 15 minutes before the game start, x2

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As someone who switched manning with cousins 15 minutes before the game start, x2

I think he the Giants just figured it out and their secondary looks good, and Cousins got a bit of hype from a "defense is optional" Eagles game.

One of the other issues is the Washington Football Squadron isn't as good as people want to think they are.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think he the Giants just figured it out and their secondary looks good, and Cousins got a bit of hype from a "defense is optional" Eagles game.

One of the other issues is the Washington Football Squadron isn't as good as people want to think they are.

There's getting outsmarted by a defensive co-ordinator (which you can understand an inexperienced QB falling victim to), and then there's flat out forcing plays that aren't there. I don't think there was too much in the way of creative blitz packages, it was just the Skins O-Line getting beat with regularity (not surprising when their stud LT goes down mid game).

You make a good point about Cousins performance against the Eagles, but I'd be equally cautious about overrating the Giants secondary considering 3 of those picks may as well have had a bow wrapped around them.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There's getting outsmarted by a defensive co-ordinator (which you can understand an inexperienced QB falling victim to), and then there's flat out forcing plays that aren't there. I don't think there was too much in the way of creative blitz packages, it was just the Skins O-Line getting beat with regularity (not surprising when their stud LT goes down mid game).

You make a good point about Cousins performance against the Eagles, but I'd be equally cautious about overrating the Giants secondary considering 3 of those picks may as well have had a bow wrapped around them.

No, I'm not getting too excited for the Giants' secondary, I've just seen good things from them, despite the 2-2, they are probably better then the loss to the Lions, but probably not the team that destroy the Football Squadron.

Either way, I'm always happy to seem my team not be Jacksonville awful, I was a little worried.

And for the record, that INT last game, wasn't Manning's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00