Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I can see why Hockey Canada is trying to get some guys from their NHL teams. Its like Connor McDavid and some other dudes
But on D they look fantastic

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's funny people still put Bigras on the bubble, I guess we'll see, won't we?

It's also funny to me how much people angst over getting players from the NHL. Like Canada doesn't have a thousand other talented forwards to choose from. Maybe getting away from the Dream Team mentality would actually create a TEAM that wins something.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I think Bigras is a lock, but I don't see him as a top pairing guy.

I think Morrissey and Nurse will be the top duo.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just wanted to gather a few thoughts together on our prospects after the weekend.

Said a lot already about Nantel but just to round it out with a few stats, he has 13G 15A in 25 games, currently on a 4 game goal streak, 6 game point streak and has only played in 5 games where he hasn't scored a point and went 3G 2A this weekend. Interesting considering his total points last season was 34.

Martin is on a 3 game win streak including a scoreless period in relief. He now has the second best save % in the league at .924 (the best if you discount a guy who has played half as much) and has made the most saves in the league at 755.

Geertsen was suspended a game over the week for instigating a fight in a scrum. Its been a rough go for him for a little bit as his coach was fired in the middle of a road trip (and replaced him with Claude Noel, that's going to be interesting) and he's been taking a few misconducts. I always love to listen to the opposing team call the game against him because they always comment about what a physical presence he is and keep referring to it.

Wood is now up to 8 goals. He's used as primarily a defensive defenseman as he's partnered with a very offensive player but on the PP they love to feed him for one timers and to sneak down with his big wrist shot.

Bleackley has 8G 14A in 26 games. I always find it interesting how when he scores its usually the first goal of the game for his team, the last two have been that way. Pepin is at 6G 4A in 15 games, he's looking a bit faster now than when he started the season. Magyar has the slowest start at 6G 2A in 22 games, was out for about a week with an injury though. Bigras had his superstar week last weekend, this week just solid defensive play and will probably get named to the world junior camp tomorrow, Butcher on Tuesday.

I think Magyar has had the roughest season thus far, and been the most disappointing. Even being out a week, he's had so many pointless nights. I know Rangers are not the greatest team in the OHL, but it seems like he should be trade to the likes of the 67s to get an expanded role on a worse club. Bailey and MacInnis are the only bright spots on the Rangers leading the team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Morrissey is the best defenseman there. I think Bigras will make it and may even be considered to wear the C but I don't think he will be on the top pair.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Morrissey is the best defenseman there. I think Bigras will make it and may even be considered to wear the C but I don't think he will be on the top pair.

And Bigras is the 2nd best ;)

Bigras will be used to shutdown the other team's top lines the whole tournament.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Yes! I was going to do a little write up on our prospects later tonight, mostly inspired by Nantel's play. I really like the way he plays, he's super aggressive both on offense and defense. He's kinda reigned it in a little lately, which is working great for him in the scoring department. He's a great skater, good shot, defensively sound, plays in all situations and really drives the offense. Last weekend he did the MacKinnon split the D move to score a shorty. He also loves the cut into the slot move to fire a writster. I feel like many forget about him as a 7th rounder but he was on some of the early first round lists early last year. I'm not sure what happened to him in the draft. Maybe because he didn't put up a lot of points but he was in a 3rd line defensive role and last year was his first year in the Q, partially because he has a September birthday.

Awesome! I look forward to it!

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Yeah... I really hope he makes the team.

I would be surprised if he didn't. There is a lot of people who think he would challenge Eichel for #2 behind McJeebus if he was in the 2015 draft class. He missed the cut off date by two days.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs prospect Parshin is 8th in KHL scoring. I have a good feeling about that guy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is there a good chance he gets traded by the giants before the deadline with them not doing well this year and looking towards the future?

I haven't heard any speculation on him specifically but in their position it could make sense. With him not signed though maybe it makes it less likely because I'm sure they'd love to have him back if he doesn't sign. The Avs would be crazy not to but it hasn't happened yet. Also, they weren't supposed to be bad so they might try to make a run at it for a bit. The one person I hear speculated quite a bit about is Spencer Martin, his team is in a rebuild and he's having a fantastic season and he's certain to not be back next year.

Anyway, Bigras decided to kick off his last week in the OHL for a while with a bang. 1G 1A tonight, career high in goals with 9 and 24 points in 26 games. They played Erie and I don't think Strome did much, could have been reason for that tho...

Last edited:

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
With Pracey no longer around, I wonder what becomes of Michael Schumacher at the end of the year. I've always been a fan of his and am convinced that he'd get a 2 year entry level this summer, but haven't thought about the fact that he was a Pracey project. I think he had NHL potential but i don't know about his future now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad