Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
From the other thread on Blandisi, might be some combo of signing those 5 new prospects plus his illness didn't help. Sounded like the Avs wanted to see him in a playoff run and then he didn't play. I think Roy wanted a look at some new prospects anyway. It's too bad for him, he did have some promise. I'd rather have him than a few guys on existing contracts.

As far as Bourke. I think he's pretty skilled. It's his size that would be in question but I'm excited to see what he does in the AHL.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Don't know if mentioned elsewhere, but

Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
The Avalanche qualified O'Reilly/Elliott/Barrie/Hishon/Carey/Stollery and did not qualify Patterson/Millan/Olver

So Carey and Stollery were kept and Patterson+Millan are gone.
Carey the only surprise for me.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
According to Brennan Klak, Hishon accepted his QO.

Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 2m
Antoine Laganiere (ANA), Ben Hanowski (CGY), Joey Hishon (COL), Andy Andreoff (LA), Jason Zucker (MIN) all accepted QOs

umdieecke*

The draft is kind of fun for this reason (among others possibly). It allows us to re-visit our prospect pool and consider where they new guys would rank among our prospects along with re-indexing the pre-existing group. Im wondering where Bleackley would rank on this list? He might be closer to the NHL than Bigras (given that Bigras is a defenseman).

When do the new draftees do their rookie camp? It's soon isn't it?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The draft is kind of fun for this reason (among others possibly). It allows us to re-visit our prospect pool and consider where they new guys would rank among our prospects along with re-indexing the pre-existing group. Im wondering where Bleackley would rank on this list? He might be closer to the NHL than Bigras (given that Bigras is a defenseman).

When do the new draftees do their rookie camp? It's soon isn't it?

I think we always do a poll on this, I'm curious to see as well. I'd still rank Bigras number one but I'd put Bleackley as two.

Next Monday-Friday is rookie camp. Usually the media isn't invited but I'm hopeful some of the guys who are active on social media give a few leaks :nod:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If CapGeek is correct we now have 46 contracts so we are able to sign Young and Condon and it still gives us room in case of trades during the summer or season/trade deadline.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If CapGeek is correct we now have 46 contracts so we are able to sign Young and Condon and it still gives us room in case of trades during the summer or season/trade deadline.
We're at 48 contracts, if you assume all 3 RFA's (Hishon, Stollery, Carey) get contracts. I think they'll be a contract or two dumped. I still think they want to move a goalie and also a player off the NHL roster.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We're at 48 contracts, if you assume all 3 RFA's (Hishon, Stollery, Carey) get contracts. I think they'll be a contract or two dumped. I still think they want to move a goalie and also a player off the NHL roster.
Are they missing somebody? I'm counting 25 roster players and 21 non-rosters counting the three you mentioned.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
22 Avs roster players (plus Barrie, O'Reilly, Elliott) is 25. 20 non roster players (plus Hishon, Carey and Stollery but also minus Bigras) is 22 so that's 47 contracts.

Its not looking good for Young and Condon I'm afraid because that's about the maximum the team is going to feel comfortable operating at but we'll see. They could still buy out Wilson, they could trade Elliott for a pick but I think the roster is about set now. They ahd 4 sub NHL goalies under contract last year, now they have 3 so I think they will all remain.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
22 Avs roster players (plus Barrie, O'Reilly, Elliott) is 25. 20 non roster players (plus Hishon, Carey and Stollery but also minus Bigras) is 22 so that's 47 contracts.

Its not looking good for Young and Condon I'm afraid because that's about the maximum the team is going to feel comfortable operating at but we'll see. They could still buy out Wilson, they could trade Elliott for a pick but I think the roster is about set now. They ahd 4 sub NHL goalies under contract last year, now they have 3 so I think they will all remain.
Still don't see it. Counting all RFAs I see 14 F, 9 D, 2 G and 21 non-rosters for 46.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Avs forwards

1. Duchene
2. Landeskog
3. Iginla
4. Briere
5. Tanguay
6. McGinn
7. Mitchell
8. Talbot
9. McCleod
10. Bordeleau
11. MacKinnon
12. Winchester
13. Cliche
14. O'Reilly (RFA)

15. Johnson
16. Stuart
17. Hejda
18. Wilson
19. Guenin
20. Redmond
21. Holden
22. Elliott (RFA)
23. Barrie (RFA)

24. Varlamov
25. Berra

Non roster

X. Bigras
26. Siemens
27. Heard
28. Pickard
29. Aittokallio
30. Gervais
31. Street
32. Bourke
33. Smith
34. Meurs
35. Rendulic
36. Corbett
37. Everberg
38. Cheek
39. Beaupre
40. Agozzino
41. Lauridsen
42. Henley
43. Will
44. Sgarbossa
45. Hishon (RFA)
46. Stollery (RFA)
47. Carey (RFA)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This is our problem. 47 forwards, no stinkin' defence or goaltending.

:laugh:

IMO 47/48 is the perfect number. It gives a bit of flexibility to bring in contracts through trade or make a last minute signing or two. Unless somebody is moved (I think at least 1 player will be sent packing), I don't see Condon or Young being signed. Kind of a shame (more so on Condon than Young).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad