GDT: 2013 World Junior Championships

GodTukka*

Price and Pogge are the only really, really good Canadian World Junior goalies in the last decade for my money. Fleury bounced one in off of O'Sullivan to lose 4-3 in the finals.

Ah, forgot about Pogge, he was a machine at the junior level

GodTukka*

Russian guy just walked through 2 ****ing defenders without so much of a touch

Is this real life?

GodTukka*

Annnd the D hangs Subban out to dry once again

No chance on that one

GodTukka*

Ryan Murphy sucks so much ass.

Keep in mind they cut Matt Dumba for that scrub

Nice job Spott

GodTukka*

Niether team deserved this win, Russia just sucked less.

Spott and Murphy should be burned at the stake

**** this team, Most of the team shouldn't even bother coming home

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Please tell me someone captured Koko falling face first off the bench when Russia scored.

GodTukka*

Well a Canadian player won a watch

"I went to Ufa and all i got was this lousy watch"

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Always been a Steve Spott fan but the team appeared to be horribly coached. Defence flat out sucked, amazing how much they got beat clean. Feel horrible for Subban, was probably a top five performer on the entire team.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Saw it but NHL Network's huge scroll on the bottom covered most of it.

I ended up getting it on my phone but the scroll is blocking it like you said

Do you plan on upping the medal ceremony and handshake? I missed most of it.

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
Awesome.

To me Team Canada is like the Montreal Canadiens of international competition with some Canadians thinking they somehow have the god given right to win each and every hockey game and tournament.

I know it's just the minority of fans and people but nevertheless it's always nice to see Canada's butt getting kicked. :yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Niether team deserved this win, Russia just sucked less.

Spott and Murphy should be burned at the stake

**** this team, Most of the team shouldn't even bother coming home

Brilliant post:shakehead

You ever have the pressure of the nation on your back? You ever have expectations on your shoulders that are nearly impossible to attain??? Doubt it

Do I like watching our boys come home empty handed?? No, but this game is global, and there are great teams out there, and the Team that Canada put together was NOT close to being the best of the best in Junior hockey IMO and THAT, is the problem.

These boys SHOULD come home to praise, what they`ll come home to are fans like you, and a rabid media who`ll demand that Hockey Canada and their whole approach to these games be discussed in Parliament, that`s how silly the demand/expectations this nation has become when putting the pressure on these kids.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Awesome.

To me Team Canada is like the Montreal Canadiens of international competition with some Canadians thinking they somehow have the god given right to win each and every hockey game and tournament.

I know it's just the minority of fans and people but nevertheless it's always nice to see Canada's butt getting kicked. :yo:

The problem is Shadow, it`s NOT just the minority of fans here, way too many expect nothing less than Gold which is ludicrous. I love this tournament now more than ever due to the parity, due to other countries who now pose more than legit threats to "our game" and I use that term exceptionally loosely.

I`m hoping one day Hockey Canada takes their heads out of the sand and recognizes that THEY, not the players picked, need to take their heads out of the sand when it comes to selections

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad