GDT: 2013 World Junior Championships

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Team USA vs. Sweden

The Townie has looked pretty good so far for Team USA. Galchenyuk is a beast.

Team Canada vs. Finland

Finland won 3-2. Apparently Subban was shaky and Dougie got 4PIM.

Koko and team Russia haven't played yet.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Obviously just a warm up match, but it was a bit sloppy - lots of minors. Entertaining, especially if you're starved for hockey.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Obviously just a warm up match, but it was a bit sloppy - lots of minors. Entertaining, especially if you're starved for hockey.

add boring when talking of the Team Canada game, not sure you watched it but man, great game if anyone was starving for a nap:)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
add boring when talking of the Team Canada game, not sure you watched it but man, great game if anyone was starving for a nap:)

hahha - didn't get to see it Andrew, but during the game the commentators mentioned that, too. Good pace in this one for the first two periods, third slowed down a bit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
hahha - didn't get to see it Andrew, but during the game the commentators mentioned that, too. Good pace in this one for the first two periods, third slowed down a bit.

had to zip off to work, sure would have been nice to be entertained after the snoozefest;)

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It wasnt exciting enough to keep my attention that for sure. Subban let in a weak goal. And two 5 on 3 goals. Team Canada looked bad as a whole. How about watch the hooking and the slashing an the high sticking penalties. They call that every time in Europe.

GodTukka*

It wasnt exciting enough to keep my attention that for sure. Subban let in a weak goal. And two 5 on 3 goals. Team Canada looked bad as a whole. How about watch the hooking and the slashing an the high sticking penalties. They call that every time in Europe.

This, TSN is making a big deal out of Subban's subpar performance. Can't really blame him on the first two goals, the game winner was bad but what can you do?

I don't buy the story that "the goaltending issue is rearing it's ugly head again" it's one game.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Hudon is out of the tourney with a back injury, Mark McNeill gets the call. Canadian defensive pairings shuffled up, Harrington-Hamilton and Ouellet-Rielly are the top two. I like having the more defensive guys to cover the offensive guys, Rielly-Hamilton was always gonna limit Hamilton's offensive game IMO. Rielly's a guy who requires a lot of covering up for.

Subban hasn't been good but the team in front of him has been terrible. If the team ever gets in a groove and Subban still plays bad then I'll be worried but for now I'm not too worried. Subban is still a phenomenal junior goalie.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Good things happen when Grzelcyk is on the ice, they'd be stupid not to take him.

Wasn't so hot on that last PK (how did he end up out high?) but I don't think that would be his job for them anyway.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I thought Grzelcyk was solid, skates well and can really pass for sure. US couldn't stay out of the box and the forwards were weak outside of the Hartman line, just no sustained pressure. US held it together as a team for a couple periods despite the poor forward play and penalties until the third when it all came crashing down.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I thought Grzelcyk was solid, skates well and can really pass for sure. US couldn't stay out of the box and the forwards were weak outside of the Hartman line, just no sustained pressure. US held it together as a team for a couple periods despite the poor forward play and penalties until the third when it all came crashing down.

I thought the team looked lifeless. I didnt see the third, but if that is signs of things to come USA Hockey has some issues next week.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I thought the team looked lifeless. I didnt see the third, but if that is signs of things to come USA Hockey has some issues next week.

Canada played like **** against Finland too, it's still pre-tournament and the US even has cuts to make (although only one forward and a couple defense). On that note we'll know today if Grzelcyk made it, final cuts are today I believe.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The USA and Canada are in huge trouble ove there.No way them refs are gonna let them play bang and crash style,USA 17 penalties in 2 games and huge reason why Finland hammered them today 5-1,Canada in 2nd game 1st period down 1-0 on PP goal and shothanded 12 times in 4 periods and 4 times 5 on 3,,OUCH, Imagine when they face Russia lol

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Rakell and Forsberg look great. Now a game misconduct to Jenner.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
So Hamilton had a rough game, way too undisciplined. Just a stupid penalty with a minute left. I thought Camara played very strong in limited ice time, not flashy but making good, simple plays. Couple nice defensive plays. Binnington was great, starter's role is still a battle IMO. Binnington won this round but Subban was still the guy going in and he wasn't as bad as some amateur pundits believe, the third goal was deflected off a defenseman which most people didn't even know.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Good things happen when Grzelcyk is on the ice, they'd be stupid not to take him.

Wasn't so hot on that last PK (how did he end up out high?) but I don't think that would be his job for them anyway.

Housely might favor his Minnesota boys over Grzelcyk ss its close amongst Reilly, Skeji and Grzelcyk.

I didn't 't know until today Charlestown was a suburb of Boston...lol. According to Duthie.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
so just like that, is Subban no longer the #1 for this tournament?

No idea what the coaches are going to do with this one. There is no denying that Subban has been the worst goalie in camp/pre-tournament games, but I still think his pedigree gives him a shot at holding onto the job.

Canada's schedule gets progressively more difficult though, so I think we may see them split the Germany/Slovakia games and then the coaches could make a call on who the real starter could be then moving forward into the more difficult games.

Pretty disappointed by the play of our guys so far. Camara has been ok but hasn't got much opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->