GDT: 2013 World Junior Championships

Root

Feb 22, 2010
is the game being streamed on NHL.com? i know people say it is but i can't find it

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
My first chance to watch the Swedes....their puck possession is outstanding.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've been watching this game for about 3 minutes.

Holy **** do I miss hockey.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I've been watching this game for about 3 minutes.

Holy **** do I miss hockey.

elite of elite......USA needs to keep driving to the net. score by the end of the first.

and ya, ME TOO....:handclap:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
elite of elite......USA needs to keep driving to the net. score by the end of the first.

and ya, ME TOO....:handclap:

That PP looked eerily familiar. I'm having painful flashbacks.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I can't be the only one who has been reading Ufa as unrestricted free agent out of habit....right?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Brilliant post:shakehead

You ever have the pressure of the nation on your back? You ever have expectations on your shoulders that are nearly impossible to attain??? Doubt it

Do I like watching our boys come home empty handed?? No, but this game is global, and there are great teams out there, and the Team that Canada put together was NOT close to being the best of the best in Junior hockey IMO and THAT, is the problem.

These boys SHOULD come home to praise, what they`ll come home to are fans like you, and a rabid media who`ll demand that Hockey Canada and their whole approach to these games be discussed in Parliament, that`s how silly the demand/expectations this nation has become when putting the pressure on these kids.

The overreaction to this tournament is pretty unique. My husband is Irish and a rabid soccer fan (he even has a Manchester United tattoo) and he has no idea when or where the soccer under-20 worlds are held. He wonders why I even watch this tourney. "They're kids, who cares?"

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The overreaction to this tournament is pretty unique. My husband is Irish and a rabid soccer fan (he even has a Manchester United tattoo) and he has no idea when or where the soccer under-20 worlds are held. He wonders why I even watch this tourney. "They're kids, who cares?"

Let`s be honest Artemis, truth is, and I`ll get hammered by some here, for many nations, they don`t care about the Tournament either, tis why it`s almost exclusively held in Canada.

You should read/hear all the BS and absolutely ridiculous articles/statements about the travesty that is the 2013 WJHC team representing this country.....mind boggling

Here`s a team/country that has had it`s 14 year streak of earning a medal of any colour stopped and you`d think this is the most important thing going on right now.

The game at this level is beautiful, although I will say this hasn`t been, IMO, the most entertaining Tournament in comparison to the many I have watched and been fortunate to attend in person but it`s still a great Tournament.

I love the parity, I love other nations who have admittedly adopted many of the Hockey Canada approaches to development of the Junior game and applied it to their programs and now we see a Tournament where yearly, 4-6 teams could walk away with the Gold and it`s great.

These kids will return here empty handed, and be handed their lunch by far too many and it`s disgusting. Gotta wonder how many "fans" have EVER worked under the pressure these kids do, every December, in an attempt to satisfy the unrealistic expectations this nation puts on them??

These kids deserve nothing but a big Thank You and they get if from me in spite of the disappointing results.

Now, Go USA!!

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
I'm disappointed we lost to the Russian's, especially because it would of been nice to beat them on home ice.

Proud of the boys though, disappointed in their attitudes when the Russians were shacking hands. That's when they have to stand proud like men.

One message to Ryan Murphy though. It's a contact sport, it's okay to hit people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad