Confirmed with Link: [2013] [TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to TB for Cory Conacher and a 4th round pick

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Really? God forbid anyone have an opinion that differs from the majority.

No kidding. I agree with PG on very little, if anything. And God knows he can irritate me and get me argumentative at the drop of a hat, but this board would be truly pathetic with no dissenting opinions. At the very least he makes me think my opinions through and make sure that I try and use a little bit of brain and not all emotion.

Thanks gents.

I realize I can be irritating at times, especially with the logo/uni change. I'm a big fan of aesthetics, and being able to buy the gear for your team is great. It frustrates me to no end that I haven't bought any new stuff in quite a while. It re-annoys me when we play the Leafs and it freaking reminds me again of a huge reason I hate it. I've tried to tone it down, but when I'm frustrated it's good to be able to vent to fellow fans whether about the jerseys or other things. Intelligent, or some less than, arguments provide some good dialogues and I would hope most don't harbor resentment afterwords.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks gents.

I realize I can be irritating at times, especially with the logo/uni change. I'm a big fan of aesthetics, and being able to buy the gear for your team is great. It frustrates me to no end that I haven't bought any new stuff in quite a while. It re-annoys me when we play the Leafs and it freaking reminds me again of a huge reason I hate it. I've tried to tone it down, but when I'm frustrated it's good to be able to vent to fellow fans whether about the jerseys or other things. Intelligent, or some less than, arguments provide some good dialogues and I would hope most don't harbor resentment afterwords.

If you were a real fan you'd buy merchandise. The third jersey has black, they have several different colored hats. Complain about the $30 price for the hat not the logo.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
If you were a real fan you'd buy merchandise. The third jersey has black, they have several different colored hats. Complain about the $30 price for the hat not the logo.

You have got to be kidding me? Right? Wow, we took an arguement over Yzerman to this? The man buys tickets, he financially supports his team. I've seen plenty of people at the Forum every night with not a single Lightning themed piece of merchandise. Now we're telling people how they have to spend their money or they aren't "real" fans.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Srsly? I haven't bought Lightning merchandise since before the redesign. Not out of any animosity towards the logo or design, but because I've already got stuff.

At any rate, this discussion is off topic.

Last edited:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I've heard others say Bishop gets a Lindback-esque contract, agree with this?

I think he'll get a 2.5M 2-3 year deal depending on how this season plays out.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I've heard others say Bishop gets a Lindback-esque contract, agree with this?

I think he'll get a 2.5M 2-3 year deal depending on how this season plays out.

Unless he bolsters us enough to get into the playoffs, and we win a round or two, he wont be getting anything close to 2.5M a year.

He is a RFA who is currently making $650K. Im not sure anything changed in the new CBA but the old one, you could qualify him for 10% more of his current contract. Which means if Bishop wants to play hockey he will agree to a contract offer of $715K.

Now obviously if Yzerman thinks hes the guy or part of the solution with Lindback, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him get a 2-3 year deal in the range of 1M-1.5M. But that would be as high as you would expect him to get unless what I said above happens in which case he may get a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad