Confirmed with Link: [2013] [TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to TB for Cory Conacher and a 4th round pick

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Oh man, going through and seeing the reactions (especially mine) are priceless :laugh: I was so stupid then. Hindsight is 20/20

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Heh... some of the comments are hilarious. Sky really doesn't like Connolly I've seen. I'm glad PhysicalGraffiti doesn't post here anymore. And Steve ****ing Yzerman is just a Red Wings secret agent.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
#1 thing missing from this entire discussion is: We're all considering Bishop as he's played PRE-FRANTZ JEAN!!!

You guys have no idea what flavor of Pampers Staining Poo he's gonna be after Jean gets his hands on him.

FYI, I like this trade. Love Conacher, but clearly the most expendable (and valueable) F we had playing with the Bolts.

Quoting myself.

So glad Jean hasn't wrecked him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Oh man, this made my day in a way usually reserved for Rob Ford.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Unfortunately this was a good move.

BOOM. NAILED IT.

"Unfortunately" because we gave up an energy and a clubhouse guy in Conacher - who was a potential ROTY at the time. But having a quality #1 goaltender (so far Bishop has been this) is like having 5 Cy Young candidates in the same rotation so the move was necessary. Season isn't over though yet. Naysayers may have their moment, too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Heh... some of the comments are hilarious. Sky really doesn't like Connolly I've seen. I'm glad PhysicalGraffiti doesn't post here anymore. And Steve ****ing Yzerman is just a Red Wings secret agent.

lmao, I just re-read the comments. Still too early to say if Conacher will be better or worse than Connolly, but like many others, I was completely wrong about this trade. :shakehead

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Lol and some of you got on me for telling physicalgraffiti to never come back.

Didn't hate it then, love it now

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
hahhh, this is too funny looking back. I wasn't to chuffed when I was refreshing twitter at the deadline, if I recall I was pretty grumpy at work that day.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I wasnt here yet. But remember facebook. The stevie hate was amazing the cory love just as much. As I tried to tell people look this team is changing they will not accept players who dont play solid two way games. Having two good goalies to compete with each other should be good since franz is terrible.

The stevie hate is still there to be honest. The barberio thing he is worst defender ever cut him waive him fire stevie.

I hope we can all start to temper expectations more. I am the crazy one remember?

I find the conacher is going to be as good as marty one of funniest things ever. I aint naming names but man? I was one of few who looked at him saw the drop off said yep he will be lucky to stay in league the trade I loved. I believed in bishop especially how he usually plays position wise. Not counting last night he was off it happens to all goalies. They have those days that they are god awful all of them lol.

I dont know what to think of connolly or panik. But will say johnson and brown are 100% so far better than conacher players that is no comparison. I dont know where panik winds up or connolly both need time and work why hav epatience with all these kids.

Biggest shocker to me is purcell I said he was done gone never make it with cooper as coach that one I have wrong. He has become a warrior almost still like him to use his size better but defensively I cannot complain anymore and have to say he has saved a lot this year for us.

I didnt think he could do that or would do that.

I remember the flip trade I was pissed wanted riberio but got this trade and understood it just still think we gave flip 1 year and 5 million dollars more than we should have:) That is price of free agency I was positive though that his toughness work in tough areas of boards etc.. would rub off.

Will say having marty purcell and flip to teach them these kids really are picking up puck control and taking to new levels this is really going to be fun to watch this team in 2-3 years and see them dominate other teams in these facets. I mean this really a fun team to watch going forward.

I have even stopped with doubting how stevie or cooper uses the players.

Just man I want you all to start paying attention? Do you get even when we stink up the joint do not play even a 10th to potential how much good you can pull up each game? I dont remember a team in a long time I could say that about?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont like the move either but I feel its too soon to react. Bishop may be a great goalie for us. Conacher could turn out to be nothing special. Lets wait and see on this one guys.

Thought this would be a good one to bump. Lots of people hated this trade, including me. Look at how most of us have no idea what were talking about. Lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This bump scared the crap out of me. All I read was "[TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to..." and I thought we traded Bishop and was about to lose my s*** :laugh:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Lol the early reactions.

Considering Bernier, Schneider and Bishop were the 3 that were going to be moving at that time, we ended up winning by getting Ben. He's the best out of those 3 with Schneider close behind. Feels good looking back and seeing how wrong or how bad we hated it, and it worked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->