Confirmed with Link: [2013] [TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to TB for Cory Conacher and a 4th round pick

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
My only question is quality of the shots. Does Ottawa's D keep shooters to the halfboards to shoot, so its a low percentage chance? That's the problem with comparing stats. You really can't look at numbers and have it be definitive. You need to take systems and quality of shots into account.

While we may not give up as many shots as Ottawa, we may give shooters better chances. Is in essence what I'm trying to say.

i dont know where this myth that ottawa is somehow limiting good chances comes from. Every game I watch there's a ton of defensive breakdowns and the goalies, including bish, saving our *****.

here's our last 5 games (middle 3 are bishop).
Sens-Bruins_medium.PNG

Sens-Leafs_medium.PNG

SensRangers_medium.PNG

Shot_Chart_March_25__2013_medium.jpg

2013-03-23_medium.jpg

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Very true Danishh - fans (Senators) see that we give up only a few goals per game and instantly think we play D well...we give up the most shots in the league (or close to it) and we give up a ton of good scoring opportunities.

Our goalies are the reason we are in the race for the play-offs, period.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Very true Danishh - fans (Senators) see that we give up only a few goals per game and instantly think we play D well...we give up the most shots in the league (or close to it) and we give up a ton of good scoring opportunities.

Our goalies are the reason we are in the race for the play-offs, period.

This gives me some added assurance. Hope to see great things from Big Ben tonight. Honey Badger will become an instant fan favourite with his play for the sens.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
We have been the side fleeced since that trade

Meh. Aulie is a solid 4-5 guy. Probably better as a 5 guy. Ashton hasn't impressed me much (ever, really) but he's still young and could turn into a strong PWF. I think it's hard to say anyone really won or lost that trade yet.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Ashton is being out scored in the AHL by the likes of Gudas, Dmitry Korobov and Matt Taormina. I know he's young but he shouldn't be out scored by UDFA PM Devos who is less than a year older than Ashton. This will be his second disappointing year in the AHL and the trend is going downward not up.

He'll, Labrie has one less point in 14 less games than Ashton.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Watching Conacher's Ottawa interviews just makes me realize I'm gonna miss him on this team not just because of his play, but because he seems like a really cool, down to earth guy. My new favourite Senator in any case.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Watching Conacher's Ottawa interviews just makes me realize I'm gonna miss him on this team not just because of his play, but because he seems like a really cool, down to earth guy. My new favourite Senator in any case.

Hard not to like someone with the nickname Honey Badger - got me to watch a 45 minute documentary about the critter :D Great nickname for a hockey player.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Another thing about this trade that I'm not has been mentioned is that it pretty much guarantees Pouliot will be resigned. Pouliot has shown at times why he was the 4th overall pick, he's played well with Vinny, St. Louis and Stamkos. It's similar to the Downie trade where we couldn't keep him and Purcell so one had to go. Conacher became a victim of a number crunch at wing and helped improve a position of need.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
Don't like this trade at all for Tampa. Guys like Conachar don't grow on trees and you simply don't trade them away for unproven commodities like Ben Bishop. I hope it works out for you guys though.

Actually, that's the thing. Guys like Conacher do grow on trees...smaller skilled forwards that are offensively skilled.

They're all over the place. The AHL is full of them. Tampa has a few of them. Conacher got off to a hot start when he got a chance to play with All Stars. Good for him, but that's all. A smaller skilled guy. Easily replaced.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Do you guys feel a little bit better about the trade now? Even if it has only been 1 game?

I hope so. This seems to happen here every trade deadline. The thing with Yzerman is that every time he makes a move you have to really trust him, as he doesn't always take the safe route. I'm a fan of this move, but I was skeptical about the Downie and Ashton trades. Both of those have turned out much better than the apparant disaster that everyone forecasted.

This trade will just be fine. Everyone put your pitchforks away.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
i dont know where this myth that ottawa is somehow limiting good chances comes from. Every game I watch there's a ton of defensive breakdowns and the goalies, including bish, saving our *****.

here's our last 5 games (middle 3 are bishop).
Sens-Bruins_medium.PNG

Sens-Leafs_medium.PNG

SensRangers_medium.PNG

Shot_Chart_March_25__2013_medium.jpg

2013-03-23_medium.jpg

My post was more of a question than anything. I just know our D doesn't ever do goaltenders any favors. Since I don't follow the Sens that closely, I was asking.

Bishop was an absolute beast tonight. Calm, patient, used his big body. Awesome stuff.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Call a spade a spade.

You're way out there for thinking that. You think I'm out of touch with reality because I think Stevie is headed back to MoTown the second he can. You want all Sox and Yankees fans to go away? Yes, because your livelihood is affected by other fans.

Get a grip.

Problem is this town takes a lot of **** from other fan bases. I also have a serious problem with someone who lives here being a "fan" of whatever **** hole northern town they came from. They go to their 2 games a year and take it the house. You should support your local team. It's fine if you have a favorite team from up north, but how about some local team lovin'? After all, you chose to abandon your northern city. You live here, work here, play here...how about shelling out some greenbacks for your local team?

****ing carpetbaggers

Hahahahah. This is hilarious. Clearly you have read only parts of what I've said.

This area takes crap because by in large they are bandwagon hopping and the most fickle fans. Tampa Bay mostly, but this whole state. That isn't something I'm pulling out of my rear end, it's what countless fans who are born and raised here tell me. And being that I've been here most of my life, I completely concur. Going to games for both the Bucs and Bolts for over 15 years and seeing the good and the bad, I can personally attest to this.

If you had read what I wrote, which I know would be very difficult, you would see I've been going to Lightning games since the Thunderdome. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I've been to their first ever playoff game and game 7 of the Cup. I love my Bolts, which I've said over and over again. Also love my Bucs. Been going to games there since the Old Tampa Stadium. Again, look it up. Been season ticket holders of both teams nearly the whole time I've been here, and currently am.

Maybe you should spend your greenbacks on your local teams. I seem to be doing just fine.

Side note, because you're clearly delusional and I need to clear it up, I never chose to abandon my city. My family moved here to be closer to another family member who was ill, and a member of my family found a much better job. So we stayed. I love the area, and the local teams, not the Rays though. I wouldn't call NYC a craphole, but then again I have a brain. Their taxes are stupid high and the politics are not something I want to be a part of. The city is beautiful though. But I'll always love my teams from where I'm from.

I will be a fan of more than one team if I please. Sorry I'm not sorry. I'm also unsure if you know what carpetbagger even means.

Now that I've destroyed all of your absurd assumptions, I will take my leave.

Checkmate.

Now I want to know which bits he did!

Killed my damn dog. Ran the pup right over.

Also, I don't really think he is tanking the team on purpose to get fired. I do honestly think he wants to go back to Detroit as soon as possible.

Nice shutout tonight for Ben! Hope he can keep it up. I'm not willing to declare this a great trade. It's been one freaking game. I need a much bigger sample size before making an assessment.

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
You're way out there for thinking that. You think I'm out of touch with reality because I think Stevie is headed back to MoTown the second he can. You want all Sox and Yankees fans to go away? Yes, because your livelihood is affected by other fans.

Get a grip.

Hahahahah. This is hilarious. Clearly you have read only parts of what I've said.

This area takes crap because by in large they are bandwagon hopping and the most fickle fans. Tampa Bay mostly, but this whole state. That isn't something I'm pulling out of my rear end, it's what countless fans who are born and raised here tell me. And being that I've been here most of my life, I completely concur. Going to games for both the Bucs and Bolts for over 15 years and seeing the good and the bad, I can personally attest to this.

If you had read what I wrote, which I know would be very difficult, you would see I've been going to Lightning games since the Thunderdome. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I've been to their first ever playoff game and game 7 of the Cup. I love my Bolts, which I've said over and over again. Also love my Bucs. Been going to games there since the Old Tampa Stadium. Again, look it up. Been season ticket holders of both teams nearly the whole time I've been here, and currently am.

Maybe you should spend your greenbacks on your local teams. I seem to be doing just fine.

Side note, because you're clearly delusional and I need to clear it up, I never chose to abandon my city. My family moved here to be closer to another family member who was ill, and a member of my family found a much better job. So we stayed. I love the area, and the local teams, not the Rays though. I wouldn't call NYC a craphole, but then again I have a brain. Their taxes are stupid high and the politics are not something I want to be a part of. The city is beautiful though. But I'll always love my teams from where I'm from.

I will be a fan of more than one team if I please. Sorry I'm not sorry. I'm also unsure if you know what carpetbagger even means.

Now that I've destroyed all of your absurd assumptions, I will take my leave.

Checkmate.

Killed my damn dog. Ran the pup right over.

Also, I don't really think he is tanking the team on purpose to get fired. I do honestly think he wants to go back to Detroit as soon as possible.

Nice shutout tonight for Ben! Hope he can keep it up. I'm not willing to declare this a great trade. It's been one freaking game. I need a much bigger sample size before making an assessment.

How much is aluminum foil these days?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad