2013 Senators Training Camp (26 Players, 3goalies))

• Thread starter General Granny*
  • Start date

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Did you miss the last 2 weeks when coaches were all saying Anderson is the #1?

What does one thing have to do with the other?

Anderson is the #1. As has been mentioned, Anderson hasn't been playing high level hockey whereas Lehner has. He'll start until Andy's ready, then go back to Bingo.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
The tweet says Lehner will open the season with us, it doesn't say he will be starting game 1.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
if hoffman plays daugavins and condra are out... that sucks i really think he should get a look on the third line in a limited role like that he doesnt try anything too risky and he would look good making simple plays... hoffman-regin-neil would be cool or even on the 4th line to add some offense considering greening is on the 3rd you have hoffman-obrien-smith.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Count me down as one fan who is NOT butthurt that Hoffman will be going back to Bingo.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
No matter who is sent down now, there will be call ups due to injury.

I think the Sens have a good problem in that they have a lot of AHL'ers ready or almost ready to take the next step.

It's almost guaranteed that there will be AHL call ups this year during the regular season and even during the playoffs.

General Granny*

Its pretty much a guarantee that this will be Condra and Daugavins last year here.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Seriously Latendresse is not that fast, but he has some really good hands!! scores nice goals and make nice plays, even if it's in practice, I think people will like him here!!

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously Latendresse is not that fast, but he has some really good hands!! scores nice goals and make nice plays, even if it's in practice, I think people will like him here!!

The quality of the video is terrible, but I am pretty sure I saw him make a nice tip off a Karlsson point shot during a two on one practice. Excited for this season!

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The quality of the video is terrible, but I am pretty sure I saw him make a nice tip off a Karlsson point shot during a two on one practice. Excited for this season!

Yeah I saw that! he also scored a nice goal from close range on a feed from Alfie, he went top shelf on the backhand!! I think he'll be good for us!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Its pretty much a guarantee that this will be Condra and Daugavins last year here.

scarlett-moet-ads4.jpeg

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
PW and Benoit look paired today seems likely it's them playing 5-6 for game 1.

which means philly-gonchar playing 3-4?

hopefully philly's in game shape.

as for goalies, no problem with lehner staying up to start, whether he starts or not. McLean has reiterated multiple times that Andy is the #1, but that doesnt mean andy is starting the first few games. Lehner's been the best goalie in north america for the past 3 months and andy's been practicing with a goalie coach and college shooters (and not Div1 shooters, florida college shooters).

General Granny*

To me it looks like he gets up and down the ice much better than Foligno where he always had his head down and skating like he was stuck in quicksand.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
To me it looks like he gets up and down the ice much better than Foligno where he always had his head down and skating like he was stuck in quicksand.

Yeah I loved Foligno, but I agree with the point, he always had his head between his legs and never looked around, trying to do everything alone, Guillaume his much different and he is also big and strong as hell, I think he's more of a goal scorer than Foligno.. but I loved Nick except for his dumb penalties

General Granny*

****, we probably aren't going to get another d-man.

It doesn't mean thats the paring they are going with, since Ceci is still here and hes being paired up with Philips while Boro is with Gonchar, the defense lines aren't set in stone yet.

If I have to guess the bottom 4 would be

Wier-Gonchar
Philips- Benoit
Boro

Edit: Is it just me or does Greening look lost out there, hes going to have a huge drop off offensively without Spezza making him look good.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Like I said several times before, Latendresse has some serious skill and a huge potential. He was just severely mishandled by the Habs back then and the pressure in Montreal is not something "sane". If fans and medias in Ottawa let him do his thing and find his groove, and if PM play him with skilled players, Gui could excel in Ottawa. Hope it happens fast enough so we can extend him and it would give us another valuable asset or a stop gap solution while younger draft picks develop. Heck Latendresse could even be part of this team long term, maybe he really fits.

Just to be clear, I'm about as excited for Latendresse than for Silfverberg this season.

Latendresse has great on-ice vision and hockey sense. His skillset is not in the Datsyuk mold, but is effective all-around. He knows how to read plays and protect the puck and has very "soft hands" for a big guy. His skating is also adequate. If he's in great shape, we have a very good player in our hands.

For those who need to read more on Latendresse... here's an interesting thread :

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1221631

Fun fact : Latendresse has a condo in Candiac (south shore of Montreal), in the same building as my mother.

Edit: Is it just me or does Greening look lost out there, hes going to have a huge drop off offensively without Spezza making him look good.

Greening can be an Elite 3rd liner, he was out of place in the top-6. Did his job though, finished Spezza's play (at least some) and created space for Michalek and the dispenser. We will maximize his value by having him on the 3rd line though.

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Neil
Smith-O'Brien-Condra
Daugavins

Is what I want to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad