2013 Senators Training Camp (26 Players, 3goalies))

• Thread starter General Granny*
  • Start date

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
In other words, unless Benoit is atrocious, or PW/BORO doesn't significantly out play him, one of the young guys will be sent back down when Sundin's brother is back. Of course Lehner could be sent down as well, but I don't believe PMac will carry 8 healthy defencemen in the roster - especially when one of the younger guys can play full-time in the A to really compete for a spot next season.

yep, most likely boro.

unless of course murray adds a free agent dman or makes a trade for one, in which case they might decide to risk it on benoit.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Fun fact of the day:

Guillaume Latendresse is actually younger than Erik Condra, Colin Greening, Ben Bishop and Pat Cannone.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Fun fact of the day:

Guillaume Latendresse is actually younger than Erik Condra, Colin Greening, Ben Bishop and Pat Cannone.

Younger than all of them put together.

(he's real mature for his age. I'm excited to see how he does. There's serious potential i think)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thanks Waste Man.

Why do I feel so optimistic this season, despite this team being filled with rookies/unknowns at the backend while missing an important piece in Cowen? The team is also experimenting with a rookie and a veteran forward who has never played a complete season (1 x 80 game season 20 years ago) on the top-6. So why feel so optimistic? Why why?

Lmfao, if you meant what Im thinking you did, then you have me laughing so hard.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm excited to see Tender play. He had a lot of promise, expectations and some bad luck that derailed his career a bit. He's still very young with a lot of tools. Given the right situation (playing with Turris and Alfredsson perhaps?) he could flourish.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I'm excited to see Tender play. He had a lot of promise, expectations and some bad luck that derailed his career a bit. He's still very young with a lot of tools. Given the right situation (playing with Turris and Alfredsson perhaps?) he could flourish.

Alfie makes everyone on his line better, it's all down to GLaT now.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
From the 3 Bingo's defensemans Wiercioch should be the one playing top 4. Unless Wiercioch is having a first game, Benoit and Boro should be rotating depending of the opposition.

Boro will take over when the other team should be more physical or slower.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
From ESPN Insider: 10 important players

3. Robin Lehner, G, Ottawa Senators -- We know that Craig Anderson is technically the No. 1 goalie in Ottawa. And that Ben Bishop has a one-way deal and that it really doesn't make any sense to keep three goalies in Ottawa. But Lehner is the goalie who can transform Ottawa's season more than any of them. He was 14-5-1 with a .945 save percentage in Binghamton during the lockout, reporting to the team as a slimmer version of the guy who took a step backward in the AHL last year. If he's given an opportunity to continue that strong play during the early portion of the season, that allows the Senators to ease Anderson into the job. And if both play well, you trade Anderson or Bishop for another piece that could immediately help the Senators this season. That's a much more appealing option than sending him back to the AHL and going a more conservative route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad