2013 Senators Training Camp (26 Players, 3goalies))

• Thread starter General Granny*
  • Start date

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
During the 4 on 3 drills they mixed up the D combos even more. They played Philips with Benoit. I couldn't even see PW on the ice so I hope he wasn't hurt. With the blurry screen it's hard to see the numbers especially the far D.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
did regin just win every draw vs spezza?

also a question from a training camp newbie: do the different jersey-colours mean anything or is it just personal preference?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I snapped a shot of the cameraman:

video-camera-old1.jpg

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Neil
Smith-O'Brien-Condra
Daugavins

Is what I want to see.

I like the first two lines. I'd be curious about

O'Brien - Smith - Neil (or Smith - O'Brien - Neil) - tough as nails
Greening - Regin - Condra - fast, energy, score potential
Daugavins

If indeed Lehner stays up to start the season because of game shape, Hoffman will have to go down.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Going to take three goalies to Winnipeg.

Tough for Hoffman, he's been close now for a couple of years. Should get a call 1st if a LW goes down and MacLean does not want to juggle the lines.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Yea, the Hoff should keep his chin up. He will probably get dibs on first call up for almost literally anybody on the roster. Think about it, the only person Hoff wouldn't come up for is if Turris or Spezza get injured since that would be all Da Costa's.

Even if one of our bottom 6 centers get injured, Hoff would be called up since we could just throw Smith or O'Brien back at C. Especially with the shortened season it doesn't even have to be an injury. If theres 3 games or so during a week and Alfie wants a break, Hoff could come up since he can play both wings.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Bruce Garrioch via twitter:

Senators lines: Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg; Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson; Regin-O’Brien-Condra; Greening-Smith-Neil.

Defensive pairings: Methot-Karlsson; Gonchar-Borowiecki; Phillips-Wiercioch. Extra is Benoit.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Yea, the Hoff should keep his chin up. He will probably get dibs on first call up for almost literally anybody on the roster. Think about it, the only person Hoff wouldn't come up for is if Turris or Spezza get injured since that would be all Da Costa's.

Even if one of our bottom 6 centers get injured, Hoff would be called up since we could just throw Smith or O'Brien back at C. Especially with the shortened season it doesn't even have to be an injury. If theres 3 games or so during a week and Alfie wants a break, Hoff could come up since he can play both wings.

As long as we carry 3 goalies, though, someone will need to get injured for him to be able to come up.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I guess line 3 will be our shutdown line? While line for is our crash and bang line?

I still think Greening-Regin-Condra would have made for a better third line...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Bruce Garrioch via twitter:

Senators lines: Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg; Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson; Regin-O’Brien-Condra; Greening-Smith-Neil.

Defensive pairings: Methot-Karlsson; Gonchar-Borowiecki; Phillips-Wiercioch. Extra is Benoit.

The bolded names were unexpected for me. Though I knew Regin was gonna be on the 3rd line, I expected him to be the C. I guess it doesn't matter much anyways because Mac likes to run all 4, and we definentely have the ability to do that.

And I thought they would go with the vintage shut down line in Phillips - Boro

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
I guess line 3 will be our shutdown line? While line for is our crash and bang line?

I still think Greening-Regin-Condra would have made for a better third line...

Greening-Regin-Neil, O'Brien-Smith-Condra would've been my ideal lineup. Right now, I think Neil is more offensively gifted than Condra, and our 4th line would be full on shutdown.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
As long as we carry 3 goalies, though, someone will need to get injured for him to be able to come up.

How long do you see that lasting though? I think Lehner will only stay up 2-3 games imo, unless he has a shut-out the first game. That gives Andy more time to get back into the groove, which I think is the reason we are carrying 3 in the first place.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I hope Benoit gets into the lineup against Florida.

Is Garrioch correct on the Gonchar-Boro pairing though? I'll guess its just his typical "doesn't give a crap about the truth or details" mentality, but I'd guess they wouldn't ask both players to switch from their natural side.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
How long do you see that lasting though? I think Lehner will only stay up 2-3 games imo, unless he has a shut-out the first game. That gives Andy more time to get back into the groove, which I think is the reason we are carrying 3 in the first place.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if Lehner started with the Bish as backup for game 1.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Good god.

Imagine having to play against Greening - Smith - Neil? I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad