OT: 2013 Playoff Avatar Thread | All In 2013 | DESIGNERS WANTED! Apply within!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
To easy now.

DregenX, How did I not notice those.:yo:

I just picked apart some GIF's I'd already made. The logo I stole from the Great Day avatars, moved the cup to the side so text could go above it ... very rough, half of the file size is the last frame :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
What about a "Gettin' Jiggy With Iggy" theme???

Too corny??? I mean it is slang for dancing and now that we have Iggy we really wanna take him dancing with Lord Stanley so....

Dan E Dangerously

Apr 13, 2010
What about a "Gettin' Jiggy With Iggy" theme???

Too corny??? I mean it is slang for dancing and now that we have Iggy we really wanna take him dancing with Lord Stanley so....

I thought of that a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to jinx our chances. We should be able to incorporate one like that for an "ALL IN" theme.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It would be a shame if a still version of this was not part of the avatar:

shero_money1.gif

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Quick Example:

Slide 1: Heads shots of Murray, Morrow, & Iggy

Slide 2: "Oh you wanted me to leave some players for your team?!"

Slide 3: "KISS MY ASTERISK*"

Slide 4: LETS GO PENS 2013 PLAYOFFS Logo

A play on the shortened season, etc with obvious Shero involvement.

Nah, I do not want to troll the rest of the NHL. All in is less in your face. We have been incredibly lucky of late, let's not mess with karma.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
"All in" is pretty obvious now.

And so is an avatar of Doug Murray with Tiger's ex with, "No, we said 'all in.'

I'm tentatively calling dibs on a Parise/Suter "all in" avatar.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
ALL F-inG iN¡

All right you Photoshop wizards... someone come up with a good ALL IN (please, no cheezy designs -- a little class if you will!) and I will post a new thread with a new poll with the final avatar options for:

Beau Knows (that Shero is All IN)

Erreyisms (Shero is ALL in Steigy)

@LL !N

Flyers Fail (to be ALL IN)

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I'm perfectly cool with "ALL IN", but after spending some time on the main boards...

Can we building something around the sort of circular reference that is the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Shero...only good because he has players like Crosby and Malkin to attract other players

Crosby...only good because he has Malkin behind him and a winger like Kunitz finishing for him

Malkin....only good because he faces 2nd D pairs because of Crosby, plus has Neal

Neal...only good because he's got Malkin setting him up

Dupuis/Kunitz...only good because of Crosby

Letang...only good because of Malkin/Crosby padding his stats

Fleury...compiles stats, only because of the team in front of him

Everyone on this team is actually terrible. They only appear good because of the people surrounding them. Who, oddly enough, are also terrible.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
feel compelled to point out this is pretty rough, more to convey the idea than being a finished product ...

WmgPGAj.gif

I'm basing this on the assumption that everyone knows hand order/precedence. There's room to play around with the idea ... like how the cards look, what hand it is, what pithy saying is used, and so on ... again, just a rough mock-up to convey an idea

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I don't go in for jokes like that.

Kind of offensive I think.

You're too sensitive about nipples. Loosen up!

(The best part of that is Chiarelli's face / expression. I think whateaver we do, we should have a Chiarelli panel with nothing but that face. No words, just the face.)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
As an alternative to all these ideas we could use Degen's Husky / Malamute with the Cup logo on it. No words would be necessary. It stares into men's souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad