OT: 2013 Playoff Avatar Thread | All In 2013 | DESIGNERS WANTED! Apply within!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Slide 1: Shero "all in" picture--maybe the Price Is Right pic with "All In" written below?

Slide 2: smiling player pic (choose player you want)--cuz why not? Can have something with the new guys, or people who want Beau Knows can use Beau, or smiling/smirking Shero or DB...

Slide 3: playoffs logo with "KISS OUR *ASSTERISK" underneath ;)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
MODE NOTE:

No point in further debating... we need all final entries for:

Beau Knows
Erreyisms
ALL IN
PHILLY FAIL

Once those entries are in I'll post a new poll. Without the "final draft" avatars debating is pointless because we don't know what we're voting for other than a name.

didn't another mod flat out say Philly Fail wasn't going to fly?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
ok, All In is growing on me. But WHY would it have any Price is Right reference at all? How is the Price is Right remotely related to the phrase All In? What about the Shero throwing money picture? Or Shero just sitting at his desk or on the phone. Something. But The Price is Right makes absolutely no sense.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Captain theme has promise, but you could weave that in as a particular All-In sub-theme. "All in -- on your captain"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Burgundy, I tried to steal yours but can't keep my file size down.

anim_4774d30c-a58e-2214-51be-01db2b31e634.gif

if you feel like helping, I can help promote your style there.
kramer_I_am_out.jpg

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
ok, All In is growing on me. But WHY would it have any Price is Right reference at all? How is the Price is Right remotely related to the phrase All In? What about the Shero throwing money picture? Or Shero just sitting at his desk or on the phone. Something. But The Price is Right makes absolutely no sense.

This

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Burgundy, I tried to steal yours but can't keep my file size down.

anim_4774d30c-a58e-2214-51be-01db2b31e634.gif

if you feel like helping, I can help promote your style there.
kramer_I_am_out.jpg

If you're using Photoshop, choose to "save file for web." Then play around with reducing the number of colors used, the lossy value and any other slider in that window that comes up. It also says in that window how big the file is and lets you preview what it will look like.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you're using Photoshop, choose to "save file for web." Then play around with reducing the number of colors used, the lossy value and any other slider in that window that comes up.

I am using my work laptop, MS Paint and an online gif maker :laugh:

I have GIMP at home, I'm sure I can do it with that.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I am using my work laptop, MS Paint and an online gif maker :laugh:

I have GIMP at home, I'm sure I can do it with that.

Ah I see. Well it looks like you need to download yourself an illegal copy of photoshop like everybody else in America does.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I was thinking now that we've added some grit in the past few days... We should be getting to our game... and grinding *****es down.

Ha!

GrindingBizzosDown_Wallpaper_Bylsma.jpg

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
feel compelled to point out this is pretty rough, more to convey the idea than being a finished product ...

WmgPGAj.gif

I'm basing this on the assumption that everyone knows hand order/precedence. There's room to play around with the idea ... like how the cards look, what hand it is, what pithy saying is used, and so on ... again, just a rough mock-up to convey an idea

On the 'sitting with a plush royal flush screen' would want to call dibs on this pic:

wreckedmurray.png

Though in this one he looks even more like Chucky:

images

And this caption:

Got a problem with that?

Or something like that.

So my theme would be:

Shero - All In

Chucky/Murray - Got a problem with that?

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh

:dunno: because I like that picture better than stupid poker, haha. A generic Shero picture sounds good...

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Another potential idea for "all in" - Shero on Jeopardy captioned, "I'd like to make it a true daily double, Alex," or something like that. You might be able to fudge the $ amount on the podium to have the Pens cap amount or something.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
I picked unsatisfied because I want to do the All-In option. Where is it in the vote?
Let's do it :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Another potential idea for "all in" - Shero on Jeopardy captioned, "I'd like to make it a true daily double, Alex," or something like that. You might be able to fudge the $ amount on the podium to have the Pens cap amount or something.

True Daily Double is good stuff :laugh:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Awesome! I would combine the Pens Logo and the Banner panel so that we can all have the Shero / Truman panel going. I think that's the best part. Then the third panel can be whatever players (and sub-slogan if they want) people choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad