OT: 2013 Playoff Avatar Thread | All In 2013 | DESIGNERS WANTED! Apply within!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
With a shortened season I think we need to go ahead and have an avatar thread to work on, spin ideas, and come up with a theme for us to us. Whether its a unified theme or just a place to share ideas or creations... I think this is a thread we need.

---

Remember guys we have to follow the rules and conduct. So the SOPO, thing is/was getting out of hand. Do not post about it or for it. MOD WARNING: Page 5

Be sensible, the rules are fairly common sense for an all ages board. If anything is questionable in your mind, but you like the idea... PM a mod about it first before posting to get a okay or not okay on it.

Let's come up with something good for this year.

Last edited:

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Red Panda for sure.

but another idea dawned on me when looking at the poster Richard's avatar, which is a painting of Richard Cœur de Lion: royal cognomens. you know when you hear the names of kings like Pedro the Cruel, Æthelred the Unready, Philip the Good, the names which are appended before or after the real name are cognomens.

Paul the Accursed (from Sviatopolk the Accursed)
Eric the Unready (from Æthelred the Unready)
Deryk the the Quarreller (from Louis X of France)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mrzeigler has a nice one going.

image.php

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Dgeno Unchained is gold. I like the epithet idea too.

Truthfully I probably won't change mine until playoffs however.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Dgeno Unchained is gold. I like the epithet idea too.

Truthfully I probably won't change mine until playoffs however.

Yeah... same with me. My avatar has become a part of me now.

I can't wait for the 2nd movie to come out so I have more options to choose from.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
If you guys want I could spend a bunch of time again searching for shirtless Pens pictures...I mean...if you think it'd help...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
A) No Pejorative Slured Internet Themes (YOLO), no matter how sarcastically intended.

B) I like the "Player Unchained" look (the graphic) but I think it would be hard to fit in with everyone's name. Works well with DGeno, not so well with others IMHO. But it's debatable.

C) With all the **** that went down last summer and lockout, it's hard to imagine an avatar without at least a red panda visual. Consider working off the "Full Panda" motif and see where it gets us. Maybe take the most ridiculous complaints about our team (from inside and outside the fan base) and say "You've Gone Full Panda" or something like that.

Geno: "Russians Want to Stay in the KHL"
Sid: "No Leadership During Lockout", "Faked Neck Injury", etc

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Red Panda for sure.

but another idea dawned on me when looking at the poster Richard's avatar, which is a painting of Richard Cœur de Lion: royal cognomens. you know when you hear the names of kings like Pedro the Cruel, Æthelred the Unready, Philip the Good, the names which are appended before or after the real name are cognomens.

Paul the Accursed (from Sviatopolk the Accursed)
Eric the Unready (from Æthelred the Unready)
Deryk the the Quarreller (from Louis X of France)

I enjoy this idea as well as red pandas. Many red pandas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->