OT: 2013 Playoff Avatar Thread | All In 2013 | DESIGNERS WANTED! Apply within!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
As an alternative to all these ideas we could use Degen's Husky / Malamute with the Cup logo on it. No words would be necessary. It stares into men's souls.

Ha! I changed it from the Scarecrow in the wee hours of the morning ... thought it was the perfect MFW/reaction pic to finding out Shero had landed Iggy :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
BGcPemsCYAArXgm.jpg:large

That is awesome! :laugh: Wouldnt mind seeing that used somehow.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
"All in" or...

I was thinking of a parody of "Boom, roasted" from the Office, but instead.. "Boom, Shero'd".

Signs Iginla, screws Boston. Boom, Shero'd!
Gives up a Morrow, gets a Morrow. Boom, Shero'd!
Ryan Whitney for Chris Kunitz. Boom, Shero'd!
Alex Goligoski for Nisky and James Neal. Boom, Shero'd!
Throw in Pascal Dupuis with Hossa? Boom, Shero'd!
Ect.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
feel compelled to point out this is pretty rough, more to convey the idea than being a finished product ...

WmgPGAj.gif

I'm basing this on the assumption that everyone knows hand order/precedence. There's room to play around with the idea ... like how the cards look, what hand it is, what pithy saying is used, and so on ... again, just a rough mock-up to convey an idea

I like this. Maybe clean it up some, but like the concept.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I like it. That + the "Shero Truman" Newspaper Photoshop would be excellent if we could work it in there somehow. Although like I said the more panels / stages, the uglier the GIFs will get because of size restrictions. BW works better in that respect and images like the one above (because it's a small number of hues / colors).

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
feel compelled to point out this is pretty rough, more to convey the idea than being a finished product ...

WmgPGAj.gif

I'm basing this on the assumption that everyone knows hand order/precedence. There's room to play around with the idea ... like how the cards look, what hand it is, what pithy saying is used, and so on ... again, just a rough mock-up to convey an idea

I'm in favor of anybody using the .gif I created in a playoff avatar. Although I still hate using poker references with the "all in" slogan.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
MODE NOTE:

No point in further debating... we need all final entries for:

Beau Knows
Erreyisms
ALL IN
PHILLY FAIL

Once those entries are in I'll post a new poll. Without the "final draft" avatars debating is pointless because we don't know what we're voting for other than a name.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'm in favor of anybody using the .gif I created in a playoff avatar. Although I still hate using poker references with the "all in" slogan.

All I'm really trying to do is get some sort of conversation going as to how the avatars should look ... Ugene Malkin has been the only one to consistently toss ideas out there, with the odd entry from you or IHWR. Honestly, this thread's been heavy on the snark and light on production.

I don't have the skills a lot of other folks have, I've only recently started using Photoshop so I'm still under the learning curve, but I'm more than happy to help out in any way that I can. If putting rough drafts out for people to look at and say "I like that logo but not the text" or "What about this instead" or whatever, then great, that's all I'm really trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad