GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Habs should be focused on the RFA defencemen and acquiring the best one to suit Subban as their 1st pairing, even if that cost is two 1st's and a 2nd round picks. A. Pietrangelo and A. Bogosian being two Dmen that are up for new contracts this summer. This would give them opportunity to fill out the forwards necessary to build a dynasty in the near future.:nod:

Great idea. Poach other teams top RFA's. I'm sure they won't match offer sheets for their franchise players at all.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The Habs should be focused on the RFA defencemen and acquiring the best one to suit Subban as their 1st pairing, even if that cost is two 1st's and a 2nd round picks. A. Pietrangelo and A. Bogosian being two Dmen that are up for new contracts this summer. This would give them opportunity to fill out the forwards necessary to build a dynasty in the near future.:nod:

Might be able to get a 1st and two seconds/equivalent prospects by moving Markov and Gionta. So our stream of incoming talent wouldn't be hampered too badly. It would pretty well guarantee us being saddled with a bad contract though if we're to keep WPG/STL from matching. Subban would also expect a similar or greater salary when negotiating his new contract. Risky but could be worth it.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Great idea. Poach other teams top RFA's. I'm sure they won't match offer sheets for their franchise players at all.

Just an attention grabber, the Habs have never resorted to these tactics and won't unless provoked I'm sure.

Might be able to get a 1st and two seconds/equivalent prospects by moving Markov and Gionta. So our stream of incoming talent wouldn't be hampered too badly. It would pretty well guarantee us being saddled with a bad contract though if we're to keep WPG/STL from matching. Subban would also expect a similar or greater salary when negotiating his new contract. Risky but could be worth it.

As above there are always ways to acquire these talents, teams only need to become creative, as you've shown. Having the required draft choices is the better alternative to forcing a move.:nod:

Habsterix*

You really disliked the poor AK. :laugh:
:D Him and Kovalev, no doubt. The thing is while I appreciate talent, I strongly dislike lazyness while I respect a constant, genuine effort. If a player has both, the better.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
:D Him and Kovalev, no doubt. The thing is while I appreciate talent, I strongly dislike lazyness while I respect a constant, genuine effort. If a player has both, the better.

You must have detested cammy. Laziest player I've ever seen.

Maelpj*

You must have detested cammy. Laziest player I've ever seen.

If by lazy you mean a sniper.. yes. Sniper tend to look lazy, or floater, but that's just how they got succeful, by buzzing around in the slot and scoring goals. Typical winger sniper.

The difference between Cammy and Kostitsyn, Cammy was bringing it come playoff time.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m
@Eklund Rumor from RDS is that Sabres, Oilers, and Canadiens talking 3 team trade. Hearing anything similiar?

"Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 6m
@sciffa yup"

:D

HABS win CUPS*

Working in QC city airport, we often get to see the regional hockey players (just saw Tanguay yesterday. I said ''hello Mr. Tanguay!'' and looked so shy and slightly embarassed. no wonder he didn't stay long in Mtl.). Anyways one of my very hockey intensive (and sadly pro Nordiques) collegue had a talk with Vermette. When asked if he'd be happy if the Coyotes moved to Qc so he could play here he basically answered ''LOL no'' (I'm paraphrasing obviously :laugh: ) and said he likes it much better when its quiet and no pressure.

So yeah, I doubt he'd sign in Montreal.

thats sad

:(

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m
@Eklund Rumor from RDS is that Sabres, Oilers, and Canadiens talking 3 team trade. Hearing anything similiar?

@sciffa yup"

Eklund? Nothing will happen.

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

@EdmCaper @JimmyFingers315 rumor is:Edm get Price & Mont D. Buf gets Gionta, Edm Star, 2 2nds, McCarron. Mont gets Vanek and Miller.
----

fake, lol.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

@EdmCaper @JimmyFingers315 rumor is:Edm get Price & Mont D. Buf gets Gionta, Edm Star, 2 2nds, McCarron. Mont gets Vanek and Miller.
----

fake, lol.

looooooool

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

----

fake, lol.

soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m

@sciffa yup"

looooooool

HAHAHAHA, not happening!!:laugh:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The future cup-contending core is:

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Eller
Pacioretty
-------
Subban
Emelin
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Diaz
------
Price

That's not really how it works though. Teams that have won the cups in recent years had great young talent drafted early in the draft. We do have Price and Galchenyuk (and Subban) that we can count on, but I doubt Bergevin has any of those other names you wrote above as UNTOUCHABLES.

Team status change every off-season. Lots of things come into play. Great seasons, down seasons, injuries, playoff successes. A guy like Eller or Gallagher probably wouldnt have been so up high on our depth chart last off-season. Things change. Teams winning the cup don't identify a 'core', they just try and build the best teams possible, every year, and that's an everyday work.

You can never know when your team clicks and goes on a deep run. Look at us when we went to the east finals with Halak, that wasn't supposed to happen. But it did. We were not supposed to contend. GMs evaluate their teams as the season goes along and make necessary changes, depending on if they are contending, middle of the pack or rebuilding. Nobody knows where they will be at the start of the season, regardless of their core players.

What I'm saying is basically, Eller could never be the same after his concussion, Tinordi could become Komisarek and Beaulieu could be traded in a package. You just never know. Therefore I don't think we should identify a window in which we are supposed to win, but just go along and make the needed changes when Bergevin judges necesary. For exemple, last year we were on top of the conference, but didn't make any major moves at the deadline. Even though we were 2nd, the 7th seeded Ottawa manhandled us. We missed our chance. We ran into injuries and cold streaks. Price had lost his confidence

I believe that ya gotta do what ya gotta do when the time comes. Bergevin will know when the team is ready and go for it. He hasn't established a time in advance though, and the youngsters we have right now might not be the ones with whom we win it all. Who knows if at the deadline everyone is on fire, and suddenly Philly offers Giroux for Galchenyuk and Bergevin is like, let's go all in. You can't know these things in advance.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
So in this rumored trade we give Price, a Def , Gionta, McCarron for a year each of Vanek and Miller... Hope it isnt true

Myron Gaines*

Price hasn't been very good these last two years, but I'd cut my left nut if we get Miller as a replacement.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Price hasn't been very good these last two years, but I'd cut my left nut if we get Miller as a replacement.

He was good during the 2011-2012 season...without him this team would have had a worse record.

EDIT: I'm talking about Price but yes, I agree about Miller. He has never been the same since Lucic destroyed him.

Myron Gaines*

He was good during the 2011-2012 season...without him this team would have had a worse record.

EDIT: I'm talking about Price but yes, I agree about Miller. He has never been the same since Lucic destroyed him.

I think that his performance in 2011-2012 was insulated by the overall debacle of the team. He's been displaying the same kind of inconsistency since his great season in 2010-2011. But we can agree to disagree, I don't wanna turn this into a Price thread.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

There's a difference between lazyness and not having that second gear. Don't think you can call these people lazy.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Part of me is morbidly curious how the NHL world would react to Price playing for another team. Would he suddenly be considered a top-tier goalie? Would he flounder? Would the Habs look like fools or shrewd businessmen?

dreamingofdrouin*

Part of me is morbidly curious how the NHL world would react to Price playing for another team. Would he suddenly be considered a top-tier goalie? Would he flounder? Would the Habs look like fools or shrewd businessmen?

The nhl world would be in utter shock....we would look like downsyndromed monkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia