GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

68*

Very much doubt we sign Jagr, but hey I also didn't think Briere would sign here.

3 solid sources have said he's not coming here yet people here still keep talking about him. Bergevin is not interested.

I would be happy with Murray, Fistric or Penner signed to reasonable contracts.

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
Murray/Fistric/Penner is the way to go. I'd happy with either one of them, if we sign none of them, well I could understand that. But I think it will tremendously help the team.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Murray/Fistric/Penner is the way to go. I'd happy with either one of them, if we sign none of them, well I could understand that. But I think it will tremendously help the team.

I really don' t see why everyone is crying for Murray/Fistric/(add immobile DMan here) right now before seeing how Tinordi & Pateryn are coming along...we may have no need of anyone to play stop-gap until Emelin gets back...;)

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Jagr wants to play here, it's all up to Bergevin to make it happen. If we sign Jagr, however, it all but assures that one of our current top 9 forwards will be gone by the start of the season. In an ideal world, Jagr signs here for 1 year, and MB trades Desharnais and we go into the season with Patches (6-2), Pleks (5-11), Jagr (6-3), Chuckie (6-1), Briere (5-10), Gally (5-9), Bourque (6-2), Eller (6-2), Gio (5-7), Prust (6-0), White (6-0), Moen (6-2), and Parros (6-5) as our 13 forwards. That's a pretty solid group of forwards if you ask me, nice blend of size, speed, and skill.

Also, I'd really like to add either Douglas Murray or Mark Fistric to our D.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
How did the Penguins gave 2 x 2nd round picks for Murray and that all of a sudden, he became the worst D-man in the league?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
3 solid sources have said he's not coming here yet people here still keep talking about him. Bergevin is not interested.

I would be happy with Murray, Fistric or Penner signed to reasonable contracts.

Penner has not been able to elevate his game for years. Rather not risk it. Plus, I expect he wants multiple years. No thank you.

Considering the plethora of anecdotes about how Jagr/his agent do business, I'd be tempted to leak that my team was out, putting pressure on them to negotiate down if we were the preferential destination. It's not over until he signs.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Latendresse :sarcasm:

I want Cleary or Morrow.

I would take one of the guys too though. I mean plug them on a third line with some energy guys like gally, gallagher or Eller and give him a 3-3.5 Mill contract for 2 years and you are ready to roll.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Sign Fistric? We obviously need more depth at D. This was very evident last year as soon as Emelin went down and everyone realized that Drewiske wasn't the solution.

Getting a big defenseman... a difficult task, yes, but a priority nonetheless. I can understand if Bergevin has been trying to achieve this via trade and not succeeding. IMO, this is his biggest challenge yet and if he can't get anything done this year to address this gap then that will be 3 times that he will come short (1- not replacing Hal Gill before last season, PK% dropped significantly, 2- only getting Drewiske at the trade deadline was a misidentification of actual defenseman depth, Emelin gets injured and the Habs couldn't dig themselves out and were no longer a real threat).

Therrien can always bench an underperforming DD but he can't make Diaz or Bouillon grow 3 inches. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Tinordi aside, we really don't have any big shutdown defenseman prospects and didn't draft any this year... So so much for building through the draft. That was plan A. We couldn't move up in the draft, fine. Time for plan B, get one through UFA or trade.

I like MB and have faith in him but sometimes what he says just doesn't fit the bill. I agree when he says other teams are unwilling to part with their size, but if so, why don't you get it through UFA? We don't need a major signing that will hurt us down the road but we need someone. Besides, if you sign size, you can trade them later since size is so hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad