2013 NHL Entry Draft Statistics

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
you had me here

I agree with this

A bit of a stretch, but I will concede anything is possible.

Sorry, you lost me there.

I doubt he can keep his current pace but so far he's played better than Yakupov this year, and looks much better than Yakupov did last year. Consistency is key though. He also has a more complete game for what it's worth.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
I doubt he can keep his current pace but so far he's played better than Yakupov this year, and looks much better than Yakupov did last year. Consistency is key though. He also has a more complete game for what it's worth.

he may have played better than Yakupov so far this year, but I don't think he looks better right now that Yakupov did last year. Last year Yakupov looked like one of the most electrifying players to ever play in the OHL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
he may have played better than Yakupov so far this year, but I don't think he looks better right now that Yakupov did last year. Last year Yakupov looked like one of the most electrifying players to ever play in the OHL.

Not really. He looked good, great even. But the hype machine is making it out to be more than it is. Yakupov is a good player, but he could easily not even be the best player in his own draft.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't paid attention to the 2013 defense from the dub, but I can't seriously see how a defense group can beat out Lazar, Klimchuk, Shinkaruk, Forsberg, and Rankin.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I haven't paid attention to the 2013 defense from the dub, but I can't seriously see how a defense group can beat out Lazar, Klimchuk, Shinkaruk, Forsberg, and Rankin.

You really should. I've only seen the '95s from the dub live for one week during the Canada Games, but I easily came away more impressed with their high-end defencemen than the high-end forwards.

Hauf, Morrissey, Kanzig, Jensen, Bowey etc. were all very impressive and I'm interested to see how they do in the WHL.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Can someone (preferably with knowledge of most of these kids) put together an early top 5 or even top 10

Latex*

Can someone (preferably with knowledge of most of these kids) put together an early top 5 or even top 10

I can't believe people are too lazy to look back 1 page to get what they are looking for :shakehead

Geez, there are rankings in page 4 of this thread.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
For those interested.. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned the background of Alexandr "Sasha" Barkov Jr. Like people have said he's playing in the FEL as a 16 year-old and is considered a phenom. What makes this so special is the fact his father - Alexandr Barkov Sr. - was a legend for the same team, Tappara, in Tampere, playing there for 10 years in 1994-2004, capping it off with a championship in '03. He in fact was Russian, but his son represents Finland. He had an assist in his first game up and was highly applauded. "We trust him like we'd trust a mountain", told their head coach Dufva, former triple-championship coach for JYP Jyväskylä (for 2009-2011).

I take it the excitement over the kid could be compared to that of Petteri Nummelin, son of Timo Nummelin, becoming a TPS star such like his father years ago.

Like EliteProspects says, he's had 2+1 points in 4 games so far, just averaging 11 min/game. Looking goood.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
For those interested.. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned the background of Alexandr "Sasha" Barkov Jr. Like people have said he's playing in the FEL as a 16 year-old and is considered a phenom. What makes this so special is the fact his father - Alexandr Barkov Sr. - was a legend for the same team, Tappara, in Tampere, playing there for 10 years in 1994-2004, capping it off with a championship in '03. He in fact was Russian, but his son represents Finland. He had an assist in his first game up and was highly applauded. "We trust him like we'd trust a mountain", told their head coach Dufva, former triple-championship coach for JYP Jyväskylä (for 2009-2011).

I take it the excitement over the kid could be compared to that of Petteri Nummelin, son of Timo Nummelin, becoming a TPS star such like his father years ago.

Like EliteProspects says, he's had 2+1 points in 4 games so far, just averaging 11 min/game. Looking goood.
His icetime will increase. Dufva told Barkov that hes most skilled prospect he ever coached and promised him alot of responsibility and good developement environment. Dufva did great job with Sami Vatanen but Barkov is on another level. Janne Ojanen joined to the Tappara coaching staff and hes the one who developes youngsters. We all know that his main focus is on Barkov Jr. Barkov has mostly played with grinders in bottom 6 lines but managed to put up good points and have been very dangerous and solid in the defensive zone. 4 games and 0 goals against when hes on the ice. Mikko Koivu, Pavel Datsyuk-hybrid=win.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Most definitely. Although Mackinnon is seen by many as the favorite you could make a case for a few other guys being better than him right now. Many believe Seth Jones is the best 2013 eligible player, and you could make an argument that Curtis Lazar outplayed mackinnon at the canada games last year. Monahan is also off to an amazing start and of course forsberg has always been in the conversation. It is still extremely early too so we could see a lot of players breakthrough and progress at all different rates over these next 2 seasons.

It still really bugs me when people use this. Mackinnon had next to no help and was double and some times triple teamed. Lazar (Yes had an amazing tournament) Played on an excellent BC team. I'd like to know how many of his points were Power play points (Their PP was very effective.)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

...really...
FWIW Here's my Top 10

1. Nathan MacKinnon, F, Hallifax Mooseheads, QMJHL, CAN
2. Seth Jones, D, United States Dev. Pgm, USHL, USA
3. Sasha Barkov, F, Tappara, SM-Liiga, FIN
4. Curtis Lazar, F, Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL, CAN
5. Sean Manahan, F, Ottawa 67s, OHL, CAN
6. Taylor Cammarata, F, Waterloo Blackhawks, USHL, USA
7. Hunter Shinkaruk, F, Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL, CAN
8. Alex Forsberg, F, Prince George Cougars, WHL, CAN
9. Rasmus Ristolainen, D, TPS, SM-Liiga, FIN
10. Eric Roy, D, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL, CAN

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
...really...

Not bad list here's mine,

Here's my Top 10

1. Seth Jones, D
2. Nathan MacKinnon, F
3. Viktor Crus-Rydberg, F
4. Rasmus Ristolainen, D
5. Hunter Shinkaruk, F
6. Taylor Cammarata, F
7. Sean Manahan, F
8. Curtis Lazar
9. Madison Bowey, D
10. Sasha Barkov
---------------------------
11. Connor Rankin

HM (No order)
Alex Forsberg, F
Max Domi, F
Jonathan Drouin, F
Tobias Liljendahl, F
Nick Baptiset, F
Bo Horvat, F
Brian Williams, F
Scott Savage, D
Darnell Nurse, D
Jordan Subban, D
Darnell Nurse, D

This is already looking like a very deep 1st round.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
It still really bugs me when people use this. Mackinnon had next to no help and was double and some times triple teamed. Lazar (Yes had an amazing tournament) Played on an excellent BC team. I'd like to know how many of his points were Power play points (Their PP was very effective.)

Not that it has anything to do with their NHL potential or where they might go come 2013, but Lazar was definitely the best player at that tournament and thus better than Mackinnon. This isn't a knock on Nathan, but I saw all the main provinces play many times during that tournament, and it was clear who the best player was.

EDIT: I still think Mackinnon's the best player eligible for the 2013 draft, look forward to watching him live tomorrow.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Pretty impressed by Morgan Kilmchuk. Pulled in 2nd star tonight vs the Hitmen. Had a goal and an assist, plus the GWG in the shoot-out. It's not easy for 16 yr olds to stand out in junior, but he definitely did tonight. Skates well, gets in hard and fast on the forecheck. Great release and shot placement tonight when he scored. Put it in a hard place for the goalie to make a stop.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Not that it has anything to do with their NHL potential or where they might go come 2013, but Lazar was definitely the best player at that tournament and thus better than Mackinnon. This isn't a knock on Nathan, but I saw all the main provinces play many times during that tournament, and it was clear who the best player was.

EDIT: I still think Mackinnon's the best player eligible for the 2013 draft, look forward to watching him live tomorrow.

I was also at 95% of the games and the bolded statement is incorrect. Didn't Lazar say that he thought MacKinnon was by far the best player he's seen and laughed at the fact that at times they would triple team him?

With such massive differences among teammates you have to put into perspective how well Lazar and MacKinnon played. MacKinnon had to be a one man show out their at a lot of the times he was. Lazar (Who don't get me wrong had an amazing tournament) had several high quality teammates to generate offense with. I'm still curious to the amount of Lazars points were Powerplay points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad