2013 NHL Entry Draft Statistics

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Alexander Wennberg
Oskar Bergkvist

Two more players who might be in the mix in 2013.

Djurgårdens j18-team looks scary good this year. 2013 could be a crazy draft for Djurgården with Arnarsson, Liljendahl, Garpenlöv, Wennberg, Bergkvist and so on.

However the draft eligble guys this year Mattias Kalin and Fredric Anderberg needs to grab a important role for the j-20 team and put up points to be considered for a draft is my guess. Kalin had a great Ivan Hlinka but he got a lot to prove.
Viktor Liljegren should be interesting with that package of size, grit and skating, but he would hardly be drafted out of the j-18 league, he needs to play some in Superelit or the national team to have a chance.

Pontus Ã…berg is of course the best of the bunch.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Just putting some Danish names out there. These guys has the best chance of becoming the next Danish draftees:

Sonny Hertzberg
Mads Eller
Mathias Asperup
And perhaps André Pison Stærmose

The last three did a great job playing against men in the very weak danish second tier play-off. Asperup had 12 point in 13 games. Mads Eller is the brother of NHL'er Lars Eller. Hertzberg is from Herning(Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin, Nicklas Jensen) and the other three is from Rodovre(Jannik Hansen, Lars Eller, Mikkel Boedker)

If just one of these gets drafted it would be great :)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Just putting some Danish names out there. These guys has the best chance of becoming the next Danish draftees:

Sonny Hertzberg
Mads Eller
Mathias Asperup
And perhaps André Pison Stærmose

The last three did a great job playing against men in the very weak danish second tier play-off. Asperup had 12 point in 13 games. Mads Eller is the brother of NHL'er Lars Eller. Hertzberg is from Herning(Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin, Nicklas Jensen) and the other three is from Rodovre(Jannik Hansen, Lars Eller, Mikkel Boedker)

If just one of these gets drafted it would be great :)

nice. :)

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Mads Eller has started this season pretty good statwise in the j-18 league on ppg. Norwegian 1995-born Markus Söberg has on the other hand exploded out of the gates. 13 points (8 out of them goals) in 4 games. Over 3 ppg, that's one impressive start of the season.

mikjo344

Oct 9, 2008
Örnsköldsvik
Mads Eller has started this season pretty good statwise in the j-18 league on ppg. Norwegian 1995-born Markus Söberg has on the other hand exploded out of the gates. 13 points (8 out of them goals) in 4 games. Over 3 ppg, that's one impressive start of the season.

Too bad Modo couldn't get along with Söberg, or if it was the other way around =(

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Too bad Modo couldn't get along with Söberg, or if it was the other way around =(

It had something to do with school, he had to go home to finish middle school/junior high in Norway. I also think that he was a bit homesick and Frølunda was a better fit because its closer to home than Ørnskoldsvik.

Either way he is extremely talented and if he keeps it up he should be Norways first 1st. rounder ever. He scored again today and now has 4 points in 5 games for the J-20 Team in addition to his 13 p in 4 games for the J-18 Team.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I know a lot can change in the next year and a half/2 years, but this draft looks sick.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
A few names to keep an eye on from Slovakia

Marko Daňo http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94946 There´s no doubt that he is way ahead of all the other Slovak 2013 eligible kids right now. He was the 2nd youngest forward after only Marián Gáborík to play the Slovak top league last year and didn´t look lost at all. He started this season with the men´s team and though he "only" plays 4th line, Dukla Trenčín´s 4th line is not by any means a checking line and they get some nice minutes and create some pretty good offense. Eliteprospects currently lists him at 2G+1A in 6 games. He scored his two goals in one game in 79 seconds. Sadly I can´t find any youtube video of those, but here at least a short segment from a TV sports news about him, where you can see a few of his moves against Ziggy Pálffy´s Skalica:

The Prince George Cougars took a chance on him in the last import draft and they will get rewarded for that in the 2011/2012 season as he´s planning to go overseas then and he will have a chance to make his name more known in NA. Before the season I had some doubts, but now I can´t see how the U20 NT coach could omit him from the WJC team especially since there are few notable forward eligible this year (even compared to the D-men that we have available).

Martin Reway http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94282
There´s no denying the talent of this kid, but there´s a bunch of issues. First of all not sure whether I can even out him under Slovakia as he is also eligible to play for the Czech republic and though he has played for Slovakia so far he was considering switching sides. Hi size also might be a concern and there have been some concerns about his lifestyle as well. Last year he slpit time in the Slovak U18 and U20 league, but he has returned to the Czech republic for this season, where he plays for Sparta Praha. Sadly so far he only get a shot with the U18 team despite getting 23 points in 8 games. One has to wonder whether that does anything for his development.

Tomáš Torok
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=95413
He´s currently a bit off radar since he hasn´t played this season at all probably due to an injury. Last season he managed quiet well in the Czech U18 league and has been one of the leaders of the Slovak 1995 NT for years. He came back to Slovakia before this season, where he will play for Hkm Zvolen´s U20 team. I don´t know anything about his injury, but if he were healthy considering his size it would be no shock if he even got to see some ice-time with the men´s team for a few games if he did well in juniors. Too many ifs in that sentence though.

Matej Paulovič
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93903
First Slovak major prospect that has choosen the Sweden route, having signed with Färjestad in the off-season. He should split time between their J18 and J20 squads, but hasn´t played any games this season as he was taking care of school back home.

Dávid Šoltés
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=102975
Playing for the Slovak junior/youth hockey powerhouse HC Košice he leads the 1995 born forward in U20 league scoring and is 6th overall in league scoring.

Martin Boboš
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108211
Another huge D-man from HC KoÅ¡ice. Will he follow in the footsteps of KoÅ¡ice´s othe rproducts Martin Marinčin and Martin Gernát?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
I was looking for this thread to list some of the slovaks but it seems slovakiasnextone beat me to it :) Anyway this looks like a good year for us and hopefully some other players will step up too. Who knows maybe even a goalie will be drafted after years of drought.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Made a comment on Twitter this morning that the WHL is going to have a strong defenceman draft in 2012, but it looks like the forwards will be the strength in 2013.

Lazar, Klimchuk, Shinkaruk, Forsberg etc etc.

Very impressive group.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Made a comment on Twitter this morning that the WHL is going to have a strong defenceman draft in 2012, but it looks like the forwards will be the strength in 2013.

Lazar, Klimchuk, Shinkaruk, Forsberg etc etc.

Very impressive group.

Should be a really strong year for the WHL overall.

I actually came away more impressed with some of the massive defencemen from out west last spring at the Canada Games.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
What's the deal with this kid Ben Harpur on Guelph? The name caught my attention initially, but then I see that he's so-far got 3 points in 2 games and early-on is tied for first in OHL rookie scoring amongst D (with the equally awesome-named Warren Steele).

Aside from the awesome name, he's '13 eligible and he's already 6'4 180.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
For those of you who have seen Monahan play, would a fair comparison for him be Sean Couturier?

Also, who has a higher ceiling, Pulock or Roy?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
For those of you who have seen Monahan play, would a fair comparison for him be Sean Couturier?

Monahan isn't nearly as big as Couturier (although he's already 6'2 and just 16, so you never know how tall he'll get) and I believe Monahan is more dangerous in the offensive zone. He has a lot more in his bag of tricks then Couturier.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com

Roy seems to have an offensive dimension that will help his stock, but I like the way Pulock plays will poise, he knows when to turn it up and knows when to calm things down. I guess it will come down to what kind of taste one would have in defenseman. It's a real luxary for Brandon to have 2 Dman that good with late '94s birthdays.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Anyone want to take a crack at a top 10 list? I realize it is far away and a lot is going to change. I'm just curious what people think right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad