Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
A bit small for NHL
Also heard there is a head problem there causing inconsistency
I asked someone in Sveedin that knows about him

He also said that if you want a similar sized goalie that´s developing good you should look at a late bloomer in Sebastian Idoff instead
22 yo though. But goalies develop late in Sweden (look at Fasth now in Anaheim)
Off the wall stuff though
For a 7th or so... A real sleeper pick.

For some reason the Swedes seem to have exploded with goaltending talent. Lundqvist, Backstrom, Lindback, and now Fasth!! There are plenty more as backups, in the minors, and recently drafted, too.

I'd try Idoff if it's for a 7th. Another Swedish goalie we could sign is Joacim Eriksson from Skelleftea. 6'2"/196lbs. has a 1.58 GAA and a .936 SV% in 26 games. An ex Flyer draft pick who's rights were failed to be retained is an excellent option and is only 22 years old.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Bones the Swedes have a good amount of tenders still developing. 19 yr old 6'3 Linus Ullmark was a Sabres 6th rounder in 2012. He got called up a few weeks ago to Modo's top team and he's 3-0 with a 1.12, .965%. Unbelievable depth for the next few Olympics ;)

Glad you brought up Swedes today. I like Swedish prospects. Usually skilled, hardworking or combo of both.

We have two Swedes besides Henrik. Two very good prospects are Swedish. Don't like those low totals. Then again, two of the best teams in LA & Boston have no Swedes at all :amazed:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Bones the Swedes have a good amount of tenders still developing. 19 yr old 6'3 Linus Ullmark was a Sabres 6th rounder in 2012. He got called up a few weeks ago to Modo's top team and he's 3-0 with a 1.12, .965%. Unbelievable depth for the next few Olympics ;)

Glad you brought up Swedes today. I like Swedish prospects. Usually skilled, hardworking or combo of both.

We have two Swedes besides Henrik. Two very good prospects are Swedish. Don't like those low totals. Then again, two of the best teams in LA & Boston have no Swedes at all :amazed:

(3) Swedes BN, stop slipping!

Lindberg
Fasth
Andersson

;)

BTW, all look good, Andersson doesn't get a lot of love because no one can watch him.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Not counting on him just yet. Fasth and Lindberg give me somethin to believe in ;)

Great crop of Swedish Dmen in this years draft after the 1st round. Just sayin:D

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

True, but Kopitar developed hugely due to him moving to Sweden and stepping up the level of competition, conditioning and overall hockey environment. Without those years there, well, ya never know... But you are right. That does not count.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
For some reason the Swedes seem to have exploded with goaltending talent. Lundqvist, Backstrom, Lindback, and now Fasth!! There are plenty more as backups, in the minors, and recently drafted, too.

I'd try Idoff if it's for a 7th. Another Swedish goalie we could sign is Joacim Eriksson from Skelleftea. 6'2"/196lbs. has a 1.58 GAA and a .936 SV% in 26 games. An ex Flyer draft pick who's rights were failed to be retained is an excellent option and is only 22 years old.

Niklas Bäckström is Finnish (the goalie). You can consider yourself extremely lucky that you did not do this in front of some my Finnish acquaintances - ie refer to a star Finnish NHL player as a.Swede. They go bananas then... :sarcasm:

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Anyone know anything about Mattias Janmark-Nylen. He's only 20, undrafted and 3rd on his team in scoring in the SEL. Other youngsters who are 3rd on their respective teams are Jesper Fasth and Oscar Lindberg! Both a year older than Nylen. Google tells me Nylen is 6'-6'1" and 190lbs. Looks like NHL size, Swedes normally can skate pretty well, and he's 3rd in scoring among men bigger and stronger than him, makes me wonder why Haken Andersson hasn't already scooped him up.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I can envision us surrounding Henrik by 50-60% Swedish players by the end of his career.

That'll be long after Tortorella, though.

Any player thriving in the SEL at age 19 should be a target.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Niklas Bäckström is Finnish (the goalie). You can consider yourself extremely lucky that you did not do this in front of some my Finnish acquaintances - ie refer to a star Finnish NHL player as a.Swede. They go bananas then... :sarcasm:

Whomp -___-..... Thanks for pointing that out BBkers. Backstrom sounds way too Swedish to me ;)

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Anyone know anything about Mattias Janmark-Nylen. He's only 20, undrafted and 3rd on his team in scoring in the SEL. Other youngsters who are 3rd on their respective teams are Jesper Fasth and Oscar Lindberg! Both a year older than Nylen. Google tells me Nylen is 6'-6'1" and 190lbs. Looks like NHL size, Swedes normally can skate pretty well, and he's 3rd in scoring among men bigger and stronger than him, makes me wonder why Haken Andersson hasn't already scooped him up.
Mattias Janmark-Nylen is a 20 year old Swedish foward who is currently playing for AIK of the Elitserien league. At 6'1"/190lbs., skates decently and has plenty of skill potting in 13 goals and adding 12 assists for 25 points in 46 games this season. He has also 24 PIM and is a minus 3 in that time. These stats all shown on www.eliteprospects.com.

That's going to be a diamond in the rough for Buffalo there!!! What could we trade for him ;)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Not counting on him just yet. Fasth and Lindberg give me somethin to believe in ;)

Great crop of Swedish Dmen in this years draft after the 1st round. Just sayin:D

like Linus Arnesson ??? this guy is another unhearlded swedish dman whom i like. much like last years crop of dmen that we didnt draft ?? :shakehead, this guy has nhl top 4 written all over him.

i saw him in lake placid last summer. watched the sweden v finland game.

maybe not the high end offensive talent but very smart, very good skater and great passer. good shut down guy who plays against the oppositions top line. makes great reads, takes the proper angles and can handle himself one on one. his transition is flawless.

he played well in the recent u20 worlds with most of the big boys sidelined with injuries.

might be there end 2nd early 3rd.

like you, i love swedes. perhaps because I AM A SWEDE !!! :handclap:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
like Linus Arnesson ??? this guy is another unhearlded swedish dman whom i like. much like last years crop of dmen that we didnt draft ?? :shakehead, this guy has nhl top 4 written all over him.

i saw him in lake placid last summer. watched the sweden v finland game.

maybe not the high end offensive talent but very smart, very good skater and great passer. good shut down guy who plays against the oppositions top line. makes great reads, takes the proper angles and can handle himself one on one. his transition is flawless.

he played well in the recent u20 worlds with most of the big boys sidelined with injuries.

might be there end 2nd early 3rd.

like you, i love swedes. perhaps because I AM A SWEDE !!! :handclap:

Yep, Arnesson is one.

In fact, I pretty much like all the players CSB has ranked 14-21 on their European Mid term rankings.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Dear ODC and BN, please continue the discussion as this is the main way I learn about some of the lesser known prospects in the drafts.

Yours truly,

Boyler

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Yep, Arnesson is one.

In fact, I pretty much like all the players CSB has ranked 14-21 on their European Mid term rankings.

djuse is a nifty offensive dman as well.

jumps up and gets involved in the play. point producer who can get back with good wheels. always seems to make the right play to push the puck up. very involved and good stick handler.

the thing is with the young swede dmen, they always just seem to get it. they understand the game so well. comes from good, solid fundamentals and sound, consistent coaching.

you could do alot worse then either of these 2 late 2nd or early 3rd. if they go that late

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
djuse is a nifty offensive dman as well.

jumps up and gets involved in the play. point producer who can get back with good wheels. always seems to make the right play to push the puck up. very involved and good stick handler.

the thing is with the young swede dmen, they always just seem to get it. they understand the game so well. comes from good, solid fundamentals and sound, consistent coaching.

you could do alot worse then either of these 2 late 2nd or early 3rd. if they go that late

Good call on Djuse, very skilled, very steady. He and Arnesson did not look out of place at the U-20's. Arnesson looks more intriguing, plays a solid two way game with some physicality.

Underlooked because of the 'stand outs' is Anton Cederholm. 6'2, 210, another 2way defender. Check out this pass he made at the U-18's last Summer - 39 secs into the video he breaks out, circles back, fires a pass through four Slovakians setting up the goal. Beauty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKh300x_V8

Viktor Arvidsson, 5'8, 168 tenacious player, has alot of tools in a small frame. Was terrific at the 2013 U20's. Theres really nothing bad about him except for size. Some team will gamble on him early, IMO.

Slepyshev, another interesting player. Pure sniper with lots of raw skill, goes to the slot, good teammate, pissed off Canadians by taunting their bench after Russian ot win in that bronze medal game. I'd like to hear what you have to say about him ODC.

Bogdan Yakimov, 6'5 Center. Talk about a draft wildcard.

The guy I really like, but may not last to any of our picks is Andre Burakowsky, rated #5 European.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Just saw the MSG update on the BC game.... As far as I can see Steven Whitney was undrafted? Does anyone think he will get signed by an NHL team once he finishes this season & graduates? He scored at close to PPG last season and this year he has 18 goals and 32 points in just 26 games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=119101

From watching BC the years that Kreider was there I was always impressed with Whitney's play/effectiveness out on the ice... Not saying the Rangers should pursue him or anything but I think he will get an NHL contract for a team looking for a potential bottom 6 role player.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Good call on Djuse, very skilled, very steady. He and Arnesson did not look out of place at the U-20's. Arnesson looks more intriguing, plays a solid two way game with some physicality.

Underlooked because of the 'stand outs' is Anton Cederholm. 6'2, 210, another 2way defender. Check out this pass he made at the U-18's last Summer - 39 secs into the video he breaks out, circles back, fires a pass through four Slovakians setting up the goal. Beauty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKh300x_V8

Viktor Arvidsson, 5'8, 168 tenacious player, has alot of tools in a small frame. Was terrific at the 2013 U20's. Theres really nothing bad about him except for size. Some team will gamble on him early, IMO.

Slepyshev, another interesting player. Pure sniper with lots of raw skill, goes to the slot, good teammate, pissed off Canadians by taunting their bench after Russian ot win in that bronze medal game. I'd like to hear what you have to say about him ODC.

The guy I really like, but may not last to any of our picks is Andre Burakowsky, rated #5 European.
Like Djuse, Arnesson, & Yakimov. I'm 50/50 on Arvidsson & I don't know Cederholm. I say pass on Slepyshev because I don't think he would fit in with the organization. I would take Lindholm way before Burakowsky, but both are projected 1st rounders so unless we get that 1st I doubt we'll see them with us. Jacob de la Rose however????

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I haven't been able to keep up with the draft as much this year, but I've heard that Yakimov's skating has improved tremendously in the last 9 months or so.

Would definitely spend a 3rd on Slepyshev if he's still around. Kid has a great skillset. Was shocked nobody gambled on him last year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Any players who can bring some skill and some sandpaper as well to the forward ranks? I know we all may disagree on the route to take but I feel the organization lacks an intimidating presence at forward anywhere in the entire organization.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Like Djuse, Arnesson, & Yakimov. I'm 50/50 on Arvidsson & I don't know Cederholm. I say pass on Slepyshev because I don't think he would fit in with the organization. I would take Lindholm way before Burakowsky, but both are projected 1st rounders so unless we get that 1st I doubt we'll see them with us. Jacob de la Rose however????
Very very High on de la Rose. Djuse plays on My Brothers team and is developing well too.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

slepy i certainly like. i like his emotion, his fire and i like that he wore the C.

tall, rangy albeit kinda thin, excellent stick handler with great wheels and very creative. hes got a high end shot as well. quick release and gets enormous leverage and snap on his rising wrister. more shooter than playmaker. very deceptive and elusive pure offensive player. not clueless in all zones either- he actually back checks and can forecheck. has that russian wow factor. hes a dangler and dancer. whats not to like ? unless you are john tortorella.

problem is, he wont be a ranger draft pick. we wont move up to take a russian kid and he wont be around in the 3rd round anyway.

in many ways he reminds me of cherry. similar players. ive heard comparisons of alex semin skills wise but i think hes may be better compared to kovalev once he fills out and bulks up. stickhandling wise, kovy could flat out dazzle. slepy has that in him.

the one thing that jumps out when i watched slepy in person is how much better his overall skillset was compared to other forwards. he just reaked of raw skill and his skating and hands are legit nhl calibre right now.

if you get a chance, watch his shootout moves. dude can shake and bake and his deek moves are high end stuff.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Good stuff ODC :handclap:

You couldn't be more right, there is no way we pick him. Yakimov on the other hand is a big body down the middle. They were not afraid to pull the trigger on Anisimov. Though Yak is no Arty, at least not at the same age. Arty was a 1st round talent, Yakimov is built like a first rounder but what about the rest?

If we did have a first this year, this is who we'd be taking, knowing who'd be making the pick: www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=82240&sort=midtermRank&year=2013

:)

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Good stuff ODC :handclap:

You couldn't be more right, there is no way we pick him. Yakimov on the other hand is a big body down the middle. They were not afraid to pull the trigger on Anisimov. Though Yak is no Arty, at least not at the same age. Arty was a 1st round talent, Yakimov is built like a first rounder but what about the rest?

If we did have a first this year, this is who we'd be taking, knowing who'd be making the pick: www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=82240&sort=midtermRank&year=2013

:)

He was a Cornell recruit but ended up decommitting because of his ACT scores, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad