Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Rangers have the following picks:

2nd
3rd
3rd from Nashville
3rd from Florida
3rd from Columbus (Conditional: If the Rangers fail to make the SCF, they get the pick)
4th
6th

5th was dealt to Nashville to take Spelling, and the 7th was traded with Christensen to Minnesota.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Rangers have their 2nd, and (3) 3rd's I believe? Possibly (4) if they don't reach the SCF.

NYR 2nd
NYR 3rd
FLA 3rd - Wolski
NAS 3rd - NYR Traded 3rd '12 for this pick

NYR 4th

No 5th round pick - to Nashville

NYR 6th

No 7th round pick - to Minnesota

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Petr Straka - UFA
Andrej Sustr - UFA
Joel Vermin - UFA Switzerland

Really like and have heard good things from insiders about Jacob de la Rose but doubt we will pick high enough
Myles Bell - draft eligible - for one of our 3rd rounders maybe?

The Columbus 3rd rounder is moot btw !!!

Are a few initial interesting names

Would love to get William Nylander in 2014 draft - but he will go Top 3 I think.
Presently he is injured and playing on the same team as his father on the Södertälje Sportklubb in Swedish allsvenskan league

Last edited:

SupersonicMonkey*

You're assuming Bell can come in play on our top 4 right(ha, RIGHT)) away. I don't think thats gonna happen. He's not Schultz.

:handclap:

Not at all.

Top four in Hartford to start.

In the NHL bottom pair and PP time to start.

We need a defenseman like that, either way. We do not have one. I have no doubt Del Zotto can become that guy. But he still isn't a guy who can skate with the puck consistently. He doesn't have the speed.

We need a guy who can skate with the puck from the back end, get through the neutral zone consistently, gain the zone. Give us a quicker transition game.

The last time we had a guy who could consistently do that was in 2004 before we traded Leetch. Needless to say, its been a long time and we are way over due for a player that can contribute with that style. Read, no one is saying we need to find the next Leetch. But that STYLE of play is needed. The role is needed.

It would drastically help our power play. We can't get through the neutral zone or gain the zone consistently, even on the power play. And we have no creativity from the point. No movement.

We have to find the next Schultz/Karlsson somewhere. While Bell won't be that, it couldn't hurt to add him to the organization and see what he's got. Assuming we can get him.

There are also quite a bunch of players like this in the draft with upside and potential. Will Butcher is one of them.

We have 3 (possibly 4) third round picks. What is the condition on the 3rd we got from Colulmbus?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
IMO the Rangers should take a goalie or (2) if they can acquire a pick. It's about time to start stock-piling a couple of goalies. Defense should be a priority as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Myles Bell's first year of draft eligibility was 2011, and he'll be 20 before the end of the year. So he should be a free agent, right?

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Sean Malone is one guy Im trying to keep an eye on. Should be a mid rounder, perhaps as high as a 2nd, but more likely a later round guy. Any US centers with good size always seem to be a target.

Fasching another guy, going to be a very nice winger prospect with excellent size.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
John Hayden another kid I forgot, from down the road here. Good center. Another mid round pick. Probably a 3rd.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Petr Straka - UFA
Andrej Sustr - UFA
Joel Vermin - UFA Switzerland

Really like and have heard good things from insiders about Jacob de la Rose but doubt we will pick high enough
Myles Bell - draft eligible - for one of our 3rd rounders maybe?

The Columbus 3rd rounder is moot btw !!!

Are a few initial interesting names

Would love to get William Nylander in 2014 draft - but he will go Top 3 I think.
Presently he is injured and playing on the same team as his father on the Södertälje Sportklubb in Swedish allsvenskan league

Also Sven Andrighetto, Alessio Bertaggia, Alex Gogolev, and Charlie Sarault are good looks. In goal I like Grosenick, Bartosak, and Laurikainen. There are others in the NCAA that are going to get plenty of attention.

Galvatron

Right here and now, boy
Mar 22, 2006
PNW
Eric Hartzell

Goalie for #2-ranked Quinnipiac.

He's a bit older (will be 24 this May), but his numbers are stellar.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93953

The Rangers (among others) know about him:

Scouts and high-ranking personnel are at every game. Just before New Year’s, close to 40 NHL representatives were in Hamden for a weekend series with Nebraska-Omaha. Among the heavy hitters was Mark Messier, special assistant to New York Rangers president Glen Sather, who sat a few feet away from Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren

http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/articles/2013/02/01/sports/doc50f826d79816f227746279.txt?viewmode=3

Vidic15*

Eric Hartzell

Goalie for #2-ranked Quinnipiac.

He's a bit older (will be 24 this May), but his numbers are stellar.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93953

The Rangers (among others) know about him:

Scouts and high-ranking personnel are at every game. Just before New Year’s, close to 40 NHL representatives were in Hamden for a weekend series with Nebraska-Omaha. Among the heavy hitters was Mark Messier, special assistant to New York Rangers president Glen Sather, who sat a few feet away from Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren

http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/articles/2013/02/01/sports/doc50f826d79816f227746279.txt?viewmode=3

Good size at 6'4". I really would like to see Lundqvist mentor a younger goalie. Biron is doing the job but he's too nonchalant in net for my liking.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sean Malone is one guy Im trying to keep an eye on. Should be a mid rounder, perhaps as high as a 2nd, but more likely a later round guy. Any US centers with good size always seem to be a target.

Fasching another guy, going to be a very nice winger prospect with excellent size.

relation to Ryan?? if so, bloodlines are important.. look at why Marcel Hossa was picked. im shocked no team took a chance on him when he was an UFA. he wasnt a bad player... ive seen worse

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Want this year's Jeff Skinner? Hunter Shinkaruk. 49 goals in the WHL as a 16 year old

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
IMO the Rangers should take a goalie or (2) if they can acquire a pick. It's about time to start stock-piling a couple of goalies. Defense should be a priority as well.

If we stick with three third rounders I would not be against taking a goalie with one. If the top guys(Fucale, Jarry, Saros, Sionas) are gone I'd look into Cal Petersen, USHL Waterloo Blackhawks, heading to Notre Dame after USHL.

Also, Minn State goalie Stephon Williams has been very impressive this year. I watched the game vs. the Gophers and he was very good stopping 37 of 38 and exhibited excellent rebound control.

No first rounder this year. Sucks but it was what we had to do to land Nash. If we kept the pick, I was ready to go for JT Compher all day.

My choices as possible NYR 2013 2nd round picks(lets say we pick around #50 or so):

Steve Santini, RD, U18-USDP - Righty two way Dman born in Mahopac, great skater. Could go anywhere from late first to late second round. BOSTON COLLEGE bound.

Connor Hurley, F, MinnHS Edina - Skilled Center with speed, stickhandling, smarts and plays in rough places. Reminds me of TJ Oshie at that age. Heading to Notre Dame after HS.

Michael Downing, LD, USHL Dubuque - Tough Dman that skates well, heading to U of Michigan after USHL.

One of the free agent forwards I'd pursue is Eriah Hayes, 6'4 215, hard working Forward, Co-Captain of Minnesota State.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

I like Malone alot. If he were not vertically challenged he'd be a high pick in this draft. Even so, I'd take a shot, those wheels are impressive.

Not a Fasching fan.

John Hayden another kid I forgot, from down the road here. Good center. Another mid round pick. Probably a 3rd.

Good call, just wish I had gotten to seen him play outside of a few highlights I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad