Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
How do you think the hiring of Vigneault will change their approach to the draft, if at all?

Unless AV has identified a roster-hole the team wasn't already aware of, it shouldn't really have an impact all. I'm sure he's told Slats want kind of team and players he wants, but I can't see major upheaval before he even gets a training camp

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The SEL seems to produce one great young goaltender a year. Apparently, Eriksson signed with the nucks.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The SEL seems to produce one great young goaltender a year. Apparently, Eriksson signed with the nucks.

I know you can't get them all, but Jesus, I really thought the Rangers were in a good position for signing that guy with the backup spot practically being there for the taking. Would've solved a lot of problems for our organization.
Well, I guess we'll have to find an even better goalie.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
btw, with VAN stockpiling young goalies as Läck, Eriksson and Schneider, you can bet they'll trade Luongo soon. I mean otherwise that is just unnecessary goalie depth.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
btw, with VAN stockpiling young goalies as Läck, Eriksson and Schneider, you can bet they'll trade Luongo soon. I mean otherwise that is just unnecessary goalie depth.

Or Schneider may be on the move. Who knows what's going on with that team. As for Eriksson, I'm very confused to why he chose Vancouver, but best of luck to him. He's definitely deserved the contract.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
How do you think the hiring of Vigneault will change their approach to the draft, if at all?

I don't think it'll do much, to be honest. Gordie Clark has been doing a very good job with picking up players in the later rounds. It might effect trading up, whether it be the 1st or 2nd rounds, though.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I know you can't get them all, but Jesus, I really thought the Rangers were in a good position for signing that guy with the backup spot practically being there for the taking. Would've solved a lot of problems for our organization.
Well, I guess we'll have to find an even better goalie.

Why would a goalie prospect want to sign with the Rangers? Does anyone really think Hank won't be in the net for us 5 years from now?

Kershaw

Why would a goalie prospect want to sign with the Rangers? Does anyone really think Hank won't be in the net for us 5 years from now?

doesn't explain him signing with the Canucks. Same with Eddie Lack who is a top G prospect.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012

The reasons are that no one is going to play him as a starter anyway. The backup spot is pretty much vacant in NY (or he could've tried to outplay Biron). Sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract. He can establish himself in the league, showcase his talent, prove he's ready for higher duties. In return, the NYR get a solid replacement for Lundqvist, in case he gets injured. That would have been my idea.

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I don't consider Biron necessarily gone, I just have a hard time imagining they resign him. 2 goalies > 30 years = no bueno.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, barring a miracle, next year is it here for MB. Talbot is an OK prospect who I like the style of, but that shouldn't stop us from shopping the European shores, particularly the SEL for another goaltender.

Kershaw

I wouldn't want to sign there either.

But he did and probably did for a reason. Can't really explain why Vancouver keeps attracting these elite G prospects, despite a talented pool in NHL, AHL and college levels.

Ericsson would've been perfect on a 2 yr ELC. His first season, he spends the year in the AHL while Biron and Hank share NHL duties. By year 2 of his ELC, Biron is most likely moved and he takes the backup spot.

Also look at the Bruins continuing to sign/trade for G prospects when they had Thomas/Rask tandem. They signed Niklas Svedberg, who was the best AHL goalie this year. They also traded for Anton Khudobin for AHL depth a year ago. B's also drafted Hutchinson, who is also a solid tender prospect in 2008.

The Rangers don't pursue high end G prospects for some reason. Henrik alone can't be used as an excuse when teams with bigger depth at G are signing these guys.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Why wasn't he signed by the Blues? His numbers were not bad as I assume he is a defensive dman like his dad.

I know he was an overager, but he had 22pts and was a plus 31 last between his two teams.

Does he have any NHL potential?

He's very blah. Not overly physical. Not great at moving the puck. Not great at shooting the puck. Not great at joining the rush.

No.

Punxrocknyc19*

if they are going after sons of former Rangers, if coach Ulf Samuelsson comes to be one of the coaches for NYR, id gladly be interested in his son.. Henrik Samuelsson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad