Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What about Tristan Jarry?

He was a backup this year for Brossoit. Wouldn't mind him either since he did do extremely well in that role, but what happens when he's a starter next season you know? 50-50 on him. Rather get a guy like Gracnar who is a solid starter in Europe and is a project so we can use him later on when Lundqvist finishes his career for us.

end2endrush

Sep 6, 2012
Wish we had a few more though.

what do you guys think the chances are of getting the 5 pick? im sure carolina would love staal, and im sure we can deal without him. i also firmly believe the top 5-6 picks can contribute in the nhl next year.

Championship*

what do you guys think the chances are of getting the 5 pick? im sure carolina would love staal, and im sure we can deal without him. i also firmly believe the top 5-6 picks can contribute in the nhl next year.

Being discussed in offseason thread.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

There's been plenty of discussion about Staal and Del Zotto moving. There have been talks of Staal being moved for the 5th overall + Skinner and all that bs and so on and so forth. To be completely honest with you, Staal will not be moved for pick, or for any player in that matter. The only trade that I can see happening with Staal is that it's for a serious upgrade for us. Whoever wants Staal is going to overpay, it's as simple as that. He is one of our best defenseman and we count on him a lot. Del Zotto on the other hand could bring us a solid piece or two, but as a 1st round pick would go, he'd at most could bring in a mid to late first. I could see the No.10 pick at most for him. Supposedly there are rumors that NYR are talking to a bunch of teams (Flames, Canucks, Sharks, and Hurricanes specifically) about trading, but all I can really say that is true is watch out for draft day. It'll be hectic.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The thing with Staal is I still believe his trade value is at an all-time low now because of his injury.

That said, if your're not confident you can resign him in two years and you can get a package like McBain/Rask/5th overall, do you do it? I don't know but it would be enticing. I'd love for him to stay a career Ranger but you can't let him walk for nothing either.

As for this draft, there's plenty of skill in later rounds a team just has to identify it. J. Subban could be a poor man's Letang, if Shleepsyv ever comes over, etc. Even a player like Dahlstrom could become the next Douglas Murray. It's all about identifying them and then putting them in good situations to develop.

I really like that Tyler Hill kid, if he's around in the third. Hayden scream Rangers pick as well LOL.

SupersonicMonkey*

If Staal were to be traded to Carolina, Ryan Murphy better be part of the return package. No exceptions. They want one of the top shut down defensemen in the league, they need to give up one of the top offensive defensemen prospects in the game. Plain and simple.

Murphy, Dalpe, 1st.

That's the package.

Why are we trading Staal for an underachieving McBain.

That said, Staal isn't going anywhere. Jordan was stuck behind Crosby and Malkin. Who is Marc stuck behind when he's healthy? He's got an A on his jersey, he's our top defenseman when healthy, he will log 30 minutes when healthy. What is the incentive to leave? So he can play on the same team as his duche brother Eric who nearly ruined his career?

Marc is one of the top guys here, not a second fiddle guy like Jordan was in Pittsburgh.

Jacques Strap

Aug 12, 2005
From a list I posted earlier in this thread. If we don't trade up and keep our picks, these are some players I think would make good picks.

C Lipon
Dane Fox
John Hayden
Conner Hurley
Pavel Buchnevich -might drop due to "Russian Factor". Great talent.
Tyler Hill-power forward
Hudson Fasching -power forward
Zach Nastasiuk-power forward
Victor Crus-Ryberg
Michael McCarron-power forward
Lucas Wallmark
Gustaf Olafsson
Carl Dahlstrom
Ryan Kujawinski
Myles Bell
Marko Dano
Nick Baptiste
Jimmy Lodge
Matt Buckles
Emile Poirier
Niklas Hansson-Swedish offensive D
Peter Cehlarik
Jackson Houck
Ryan Fitzgerald
Nicholas Petan
Eddie Ellis
Roberts Lipsbergs
Adam Tambellini
Jean Sebastian Dea
Anton Slepyshev
Kerby Rychel

3rd round picks: Ryan Kujawinski (1st round talent, great skater, good size, inconsistent)),Conner Hurley (two way forward, good skill, might not be there in 3rd) John Hayden (power forward), Pavel Buchnevich (Extremely skilled forward, Russian factor), Zach Nastasiuk (hard working, two way froward) Tyler Hill (Huge size, good skill, possible power forward) Bret Pesce (local kid, two way defenseman, good skill, good skater) Nick Moutrey (Skilled power forward,) Michael Downing (big puck moving defenseman),

4th round: Niklas Hansson ( offensive defenseman, very good skater, PP QB), Remi Elie (power forward, hard worker) Marcus Hogberg (big Swedish goalie), Myles Bell ( defenseman- forward, good size, good shot, a lot of baggage), Adam Tambellini (big skilled forward) JC Lipon (agitating, grinder forward with good skill)

6th round: Jean Sebastian Dea (scoring forward from the Q), Anton Slepyshev (Scoring forward, Russian factor, 2nd time draft eligible), Victor Crus-Ryberg ( Swedish scoring forward)

Any of these players with our current picks, I would be happy with. Opinions?

Is anybody going to the draft at the Rock on Sunday?

SupersonicMonkey*

Trade #65 & #75 move up into the second round: Brett Pesce.

That or use one of the 3rd round picks to obtain Jonathon Blum's rights.

That's the only draft related move I hope for. Otherwise we need to buy out Richards and trade Del Zotto for a legitimate young impact offensive forward. Ryan, Eberle, Burmistrov.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
As another poster, I too wouldn't be pissed at all if we get Luka Gracnar in this draft. He has the potential to be a solid starter in this league, he has to clean up his positioning a bit and probably could challenge the shooter a little more, but that kid has reflexes, man.
Also, I get the feeling Marko Dano will be drafted by the Devils in the 2nd or 3rd round. They've scouted him intensively from what I've read and heard and he'd be a good fit there in 2 or 3 years. Makes me sad, because I really like the way that kid plays.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As another poster, I too wouldn't be pissed at all if we get Luka Gracnar in this draft. He has the potential to be a solid starter in this league, he has to clean up his positioning a bit and probably could challenge the shooter a little more, but that kid has reflexes, man.
Also, I get the feeling Marko Dano will be drafted by the Devils in the 2nd or 3rd round. They've scouted him intensively from what I've read and heard and he'd be a good fit there in 2 or 3 years. Makes me sad, because I really like the way that kid plays.

I'd be really annoyed to see Dano go to the Devils. I think we're missing a player like him in the lineup. A high-energy forward who can get under the skin of opponents with his physical play.

Punxrocknyc19*

I'd be really annoyed to see Dano go to the Devils. I think we're missing a player like him in the lineup. A high-energy forward who can get under the skin of opponents with his physical play.

Michael Kantor can be that guy...

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Am I the only person that thinks Florida tales Barkov is MacKinnon is indeed the Avalanche's pick?

Come again?

Do you mean MacKinnon goes to Colorado and Barkov goes to Florida? I can see it, but it would be very shocking to see Jones or Drouin slip to 4.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Strength up the middle. As important as a solid defense corp. You need both. Florida has a ton of good looking young Dmen. I'm telling you, they stole Mike Matheson in last years draft, kid is looking really good.

Looking at past drafts teams that pick top 5 and load up on Centers have done well either with those players or trading them for assets.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Am I the only person that thinks Florida tales Barkov if MacKinnon is indeed the Avalanche's pick?

No, you're not. I think if MacKinnon is gone that Florida will take Barkov. Like BN said, the Cats have a really nice group of up-and-coming defenders. Matheson, Petrovic, Gudbranson, and Kulikov have the makings of a very nice top-4. Bjugstad and Shore should make a nice 2/3 center group. Mueller and Versteeg are still young and are good complimentary wings. Huberdeau is a stud, but he's best suited for the wing in the NHL.

Put Barkov in that mix, and there are potentially very, very few holes in that team in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad