2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
First pro-Volch/Tally argument that has some value.

Then again, just practicing as #8 D instead of playing in Albany isn`t very smart. If someone gets injured, Harrold can be right back in. But why scratch 2 Dmen every night? It`s not like Larsson needs to learn something new about the system. The only possible reason I can come up with is a trade in the making.

Yeah but it would be very un-Lou like to make any trade before at least 10 games (in a short season, otherwise it would take much longer). And I would be surprised if it happened that early.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah but it would be very un-Lou like to make any trade before at least 10 games (in a short season, otherwise it would take much longer). And I would be surprised if it happened that early.
We're not making any trades until both Lou and Pete know what we already have and what we need. Although, Matteau having to go back after five games may compress the schedule.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I agree that they won`t rush/force things. Especially if we keep winning games.

So what`s the solution then? Larsson is a waiver exempt, send him down for ****s sake. This is just wasting of his time.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
From TG:

DeBoer likes how Elias has been active in speaking with linemate Mattias Tedenby during practices and games to try to help him the best he can.

“I think Patty’s taken Teddy under his wing, spent a lot of time with him,” DeBoer said. “He gives him a lot of feedback on a shift-to-shift basis and that’s invaluable. It’s one thing for a player to hear it from a coach. When you’re hearing it from a Hall of Fame player I think it’s another level of sinking in.”

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
HOF is definitely in the discussion when you speak of Elias' career.
He might build a better case with another couple of solid seasons to finish out.

No means a lock, but definitely a consideration.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Elias will be worthy of the hall of fame when he's done, but I can easily see him getting snubbed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think Elias will be worthy of the hall of fame when he's done, but I can easily see him getting snubbed.

#26 should be raised to the rafters the season after he hangs up his skates.

On the topic of a Devils HOF, Vanderbeek had mentioned a few years ago that they were in the works of doing something.

There is plenty of room on both concourses to create a Devils HOF.
A few other teams have done this and it would celebrate our history nicely and make a stronger connection for the fans to the franchise-especially to our past.

Include players, teams, coaches, executives, certain games, playoff series wins, pictures, etc.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He never lead the league in anything but he should get to 1000 points (105 points) and played great defense most of his career. I hope Lou can convince the voters to elect him in. Why wasn't Elias on the 1998 Olympic team for Czech?

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
From TG:
DeBoer likes how Elias has been active in speaking with linemate Mattias Tedenby during practices and games to try to help him the best he can.

“I think Patty’s taken Teddy under his wing, spent a lot of time with him,†DeBoer said. “He gives him a lot of feedback on a shift-to-shift basis and that’s invaluable. It’s one thing for a player to hear it from a coach. When you’re hearing it from a Hall of Fame player I think it’s another level of sinking in.â€

Makes Elias even more of my favorite player on this team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He never lead the league in anything but he should get to 1000 points (105 points) and played great defense most of his career. I hope Lou can convince the voters to elect him in. Why wasn't Elias on the 1998 Olympic team for Czech?

Too young. That was his first NHL season, there were better options at the time.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Just to add, Hejduk got there from Pardubice only because Prospal wasn`t healthy (broken arm/wrist iirc) at the time.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It was his leg.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
If Patty played in the 80s, he would have had quite a few 100pt seasons, and probably a 50g or two. I'd take him over Bill Barber and Glenn Anderson, Bernie Federko, among others that are in there (and I'd argue shouldn't be).

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Too young. That was his first NHL season, there were better options at the time.

Damn would have help his chances if he had that gold medal. He is going to need another 300 points to get into the "lock" area. How many years did he say he wanted to play?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
From Elliotte Friedman: "When Martin Brodeur's future was uncertain, it appears the New Jersey Devils at least inquired about Luongo."

(Just tweeted by Todd Cordell)

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
#26 should be raised to the rafters the season after he hangs up his skates.

On the topic of a Devils HOF, Vanderbeek had mentioned a few years ago that they were in the works of doing something.

There is plenty of room on both concourses to create a Devils HOF.
A few other teams have done this and it would celebrate our history nicely and make a stronger connection for the fans to the franchise-especially to our past.

Include players, teams, coaches, executives, certain games, playoff series wins, pictures, etc.

I've been pushing for this (well on here at least :laugh:) to get done

We have plenty of history and stuff developed where we could get a good one started up - a lot of other teams in sports have done some great jobs with theirs and it gives those players who were special to the franchise not only recognition, but helps keep their names alive/relevant (the Brylins, Maddens, McKays, Holiks, etc)

Some examples

The Yankees Museum;
2010july14_3l.jpg

ar134929640367229.JPG

nyt_yogiballwall_med1.jpg

Patriots Museum;
dsc_2576.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad