2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't wait until Semin flops and people can stop harping on a lazy, overhyped player that has gone downhill the last two seasons.

apice3*

I'm trying to think of the last time Lou made a major offseason trade (not including Rolston/Hunter or the Malakhov dump, of course).

Arnott for Halischuk + 2nd is the only one I can think of since the lockout. Even then, Arnott was a known commodity.

We dumped Steckel for a pick. Most notable thing I can think of.

We also traded for some random kid from the Wild that I think went overseas a few weeks later. Don't remember his name.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nothing that qualifies as major since Sykora/Friesen although he 'tried' to trade Captain Grumpypants two offseasons ago and he nixed it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou wanted to deal Langs before '11-12 but he nixed it because of his NTC. It came out after Langs did finally get traded in midseason.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
A lot of trying to trade him had to do with being over the cap and what was said about the veterans on Lemaire/Tremblays year end evaluations (which was revealed by Tremblay on that canadian radio show)

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
A lot of trying to trade him had to do with being over the cap and what was said about the veterans on Lemaire/Tremblays year end evaluations (which was revealed by Tremblay on that canadian radio show)

This part I never heard before - what was said?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This part I never heard before - what was said?

Somebody here who lives in Canada (escapes me who), was listening to a radio show Tremblay was on occasionally in the begining of the 10-11 season and Tremblay gave some interesting insight that helped explain some of the issues on the team that were going on with Langs the season prior and at the start of that season

Basically said Lou had he and the rest of the coaching staff fill out year end evaluations - he said the coaches had all put down that there were changes that needed to be made with the veteran leadership because a lot of them had become too comfortable

edit: here found the posts http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=30720102&postcount=947
**Pretty interesting that Tremblay called the Lemaire re-hiring 2 months ahead of time :laugh: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=28441783&postcount=102
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=29330300&highlight=mario+tremblay#post29330300

Last edited:

Oroku Saki*

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Devils defense: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Fayne; Tallinder-Volchenkov; Harrold-Larsson

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
please trade tallinder already. we all know it's going to happen and we're probably not going to get much for him but we can't have larsson sitting for 2/3rds of the season.

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
Somebody here who lives in Canada (escapes me who), was listening to a radio show Tremblay was on occasionally in the begining of the 10-11 season and Tremblay gave some interesting insight that helped explain some of the issues on the team that were going on with Langs the season prior and at the start of that season

Basically said Lou had he and the rest of the coaching staff fill out year end evaluations - he said the coaches had all put down that there were changes that needed to be made with the veteran leadership because a lot of them had become too comfortable

edit: here found the posts http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=30720102&postcount=947
**Pretty interesting that Tremblay called the Lemaire re-hiring 2 months ahead of time :laugh: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=28441783&postcount=102
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=29330300&highlight=mario+tremblay#post29330300

because we never get to hear inside stuff like this ever about the devils. I feel so priviliaged to know this. Honestly.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
please trade tallinder already. we all know it's going to happen and we're probably not going to get much for him but we can't have larsson sitting for 2/3rds of the season.

Why? The guy played what, 25 games already this season in Albany? He's not going rusty soon. Why not let the vets who hasn't played since June shake their rust off instead?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
DeBoer described Matt Shaw’s power play: “In the simplest form, this is a shooting power play. It’s about generating shots more than clean looks at the net.”

This might be the best thing I've read all year. A "keep it simple stupid" powerplay is something I've wanted since Moby Dick was a minnow.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Pete DeBoer said Travis Zajac should be able to play after "tweaking something" against Islanders. It is "nothing near" his Achilles

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Why? The guy played what, 25 games already this season in Albany? He's not going rusty soon. Why not let the vets who hasn't played since June shake their rust off instead?
First pro-Volch/Tally argument that has some value.

Then again, just practicing as #8 D instead of playing in Albany isn`t very smart. If someone gets injured, Harrold can be right back in. But why scratch 2 Dmen every night? It`s not like Larsson needs to learn something new about the system. The only possible reason I can come up with is a trade in the making.

apice3*

This might be the best thing I've read all year. A "keep it simple stupid" powerplay is something I've wanted since Moby Dick was a minnow.

He compared it to Detroit's PP that is usually successful. I've said I wanted this team to run a PP like Detroit's for years. Shoot every chance you get and keep collapsing inward. It maximizes chances and if you miss the net, the angles are tight enough to prevent the puck from leaving the zone.

Once the team gets comfortable running it, I truly believe Kovy is going to have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad