2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Alright Kiwi I see what you're saying. I thought you were really high on Tedenby, but my mistake. Neither has proven anything offensively in the NHL yet. Let's see time will tell for both, and they'll both be asked to play bigger roles than last year, or at least Tedenby will.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only 16 minutes into the scrimmage. Haven't been too many chances, so it's no goaltending dual, at least not yet. Marty had a good save on Hoeffel, and that was probably the best chance he was tested with. It's been pretty good defensively. Pretty tight with both sides. Clarkson's goal on Moose looked to be either shortside or through the 6 hole.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Offers also in for Scott Gomez. Decision expected later tonight or early tomorrow.

heh

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Rosters scheduled to be finalized at 3 PM tomorrow, we'll see what the team does in regards to the defense question and what forwards get kept.

Janssen and Butler would have had to go through waivers if they got sent down correct? So the only moves the Devils could make to get down to 23 is either send down Tedenby/Larsson or send Matteau back to Juniors.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Offers also in for Scott Gomez. Decision expected later tonight or early tomorrow.

heh

Haha he also said we were one of the teams in one him too. Pagnotta is hot, and cold though.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Janssen and Butler would have had to go through waivers if they got sent down correct? So the only moves the Devils could make to get down to 23 is either send down Tedenby/Larsson or send Matteau back to Juniors.

Or make a trade :jump:

Crossing my fingers for Tallinder for D'agostini. I think it's the perfect trade.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey

So it's an informal competition between Teddy and Matteau for a roster spot, I guess. Both might be gone if they sign Darche though...

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
They could also put someone like Barch or Janssen through waivers tomorrow and just temporarily assign someone like Tedenby/Larsson to Albany to get the 23 roster limit.

Or they could put Barch on IR since he apparently has an injury.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like I said in the other thread, it could come down to him having his agent place a call to Lou. Lou may not have expressed interest, but sometimes the agents will call teams that the player is interested. If he wants to come back enough he could have gotten his agent to place that call to Lou.

After that Lou says ''No thanks. He's not in our plans right now'' or he tells them let's do some talking.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Lou has a grudge. If he don't want Gomez then it simply comes down to not needing his services right now. Same thing he said for Sykora. It's well known that Lou tried to bring Bobby Holik back in 2005 after the lockout ended. Holik was bought out by the Rangers with a few years left on that monster contract Sather gave him by leaving us for them.

Holik chose the Thrashers, but admitted he did talk to the Devils and loved playing for Larry Robinson. He said he decided to play for the Thrashers cause he liked Hartley (Though I'm not sure he did when he got canned) He also said he liked the idea of getting to play with Kovy, and other young players they had. He left Atlanta, and came back to center our 4th line in 2008 when he became a UFA again.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Yea possibly. Figure Josefson will be an amputee by then

Figure that a shortened season will lead to banged up bodies and other injuries. That's why I can see lou sitting on 8 dmen for "10 games" and seeing whatsup. The forward depth is pretty sour though, definitely alarming if 1 or 2 guys get hurt.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We wouldn't even bring back Sykora why would we bother with Gomez?

I can think of a few reasons. Last year we gave Sykora a chance. This year maybe Lou wants to give Gomez a chance.

Faceoffs. We STUNK at them last year, 29th in the league. I'm sure we'll get a little bit better with Trav back this year. Gomez will give us some good faceoff depth cause his faceoff percentage was about 50% last year.

Gomez is 3 years younger than Sykora. As much as I wanted him back it seemed he ran out of gas, and probably couldn't make it without Patty. That was another reason he wasn't doing much in the playoffs cause Patty wasn't either. We later found out he had groin surgery.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I fully dont believe Gomez will be back here. While i wouldnt mind having him back i just dont think the Devils are looking for someone like him.

The way i see it if he does end up here in NJ then my guess is Lou is having zero luck on the trading front and is looking to add a talented forward because he cant move anyone.

If Gomez comes back id bet me lost dollar he will get boo'd at the Pru Center opening night. But we have a long history of bring back guys no matter what the situation was. I also think it would be very smart for Gomez to come back here because he had his best seasons here and with how we always move our line-ups around IF he proves he can play at a high level he could end up on a line with Kovy who could jump start his career again.

I also like Todd Cordell's idea of bring in Mike Santorelli. Todd seems to hate the idea of Gomez if you look at his twitter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->