2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno Devil*

In Jersey this is? Or California?

And apparently Brian Burke claimed when he talked to Scott he asked Brian for a few things. One was to play with his brother, another was a western conference team, and another was privacy away from the rink. I don't think that necessarily meant he was not getting privacy in Jersey. Just that he wanted to keep privacy when he played out there.

yea that is what i meant. a ton of guys live relatively close to the old practice rink. last year brad mills ate sushi next to me in whole foods 2 days in a row. one of those days was on our mutual birthday!! (kinda sad for both of us, but hes pretty good at hockey and i was in between classes.)

and i also saw Zids eating sushi at a place just down the street from there. it was like the 1st or second day since his trade was announced so i thought it was strange at the moment when i saw him.

Moral of the story is that hockey players and I eat a lot of sushi, and we do it in as much privacy as we could ever want.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yea that is what i meant. a ton of guys live relatively close to the old practice rink. last year brad mills ate sushi next to me in whole foods 2 days in a row. one of those days was on our mutual birthday!! (kinda sad for both of us, but hes pretty good at hockey and i was in between classes.)

and i also saw Zids eating sushi at a place just down the street from there. it was like the 1st or second day since his trade was announced so i thought it was strange at the moment when i saw him.

Moral of the story is that hockey players and I eat a lot of sushi, and we do it in as much privacy as we could ever want.

Haha awesome! I love the moral of the story part!:laugh:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
How cool would it be if hundreds of fans do this with their Parise stuff when the Wild visit NJ for the first time

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I agree, but I'm worried about the Devils being penalized during the game for doing that. The last thing the Devils need is to be shorthanded because of us and for that a$$hole. I don't know if the Sens got penalized when their fans threw their jerseys on the ice but you know the Devils will never get any sympathy from the officials.

If the fear of putting our team at a disadvantage wasn't there, I'd say "**** YEA!"

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
By the time the former #9 comes back to the rock, I have a hard time believing that most people will be able to muster up enough ***** to give.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Anyone else still find it odd that we didn't sign Semin? He only got a 1 year deal and would fit perfectly with our team.

Semin - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Adam - Zubrus
Teddy - Yayo - Clarkson

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone else still find it odd that we didn't sign Semin? He only got a 1 year deal and would fit perfectly with our team.

Semin - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Adam - Zubrus
Teddy - Yayo - Clarkson
No. Lou has no interest in giving character-questionable players big contracts.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
But that's the difference. Lou got a chance for a close look at Kovy.

Why not take a look at Semin this year? We could have used him on our PP and 1st or 2nd line. If the Hurricanes are out of the playoff picture I figure they are going to get a 1st round pick for him at the deadline - smart signing by them.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Lou was confusing this summer. I know he tried hard to get Parise... but he had no interest in Semin and let Poni go.... Poni got one year at 1.8 mil. I don't think Lou was going to have a problem matching that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad