Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I would definitely pull Pominville off the top line, but wouldn't necessarily put Coyle there. Might try Setoguchi.

Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi
Zucker - Granlund - Coyle
Bouchard - Brodziak - Mitchell
Rupp - Konopka - Clutterbuck

THEKOSTAJA

Apr 7, 2013
Turku
I would definitely pull Pominville off the top line, but wouldn't necessarily put Coyle there. Might try Setoguchi.

scratch Pominville?

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

forgot pommer

Parise-Koivu-Seto
Pommer-Granlund-Coyle*
Zucker*-Brodziak-Mitchell
Rupp-Konopka-Clutter

*I choose to put Zucker and Mitchell together to match thier speed but you could flip Coyle and Zucker easily. Also gets a big body with Granlund.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Oh yeah, forgot him.

Clutterbuck - Brodziak - Pominville
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Oh my haha. An all rookie line and Pominville on the third line. Is it me or did Seto seem to not mesh well last year with Koivu? Of course Parise's + Seto's speed would be awesome.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Pominville
Bouchard/Clutter-Brodziak-Seto (This might just work with PMB)
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

With Cullen:
Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Zucker-Cullen-Seto (magic)
Mitchell/Coyle-Brodziak-Mitchell/Coyle (Clutterbuck is a offensive killer)
same 4th line

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just don't want any two of Bouchard, Granlund, and Setoguchi playing together. Much less all three. Who cares if you're a rookie or not, we need wins.

I suppose, as long as it doesn't turn into a defensive wreck, an all rookie line would be okay.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
New lines in practice:

Mike Doyle ‏@mikedoyle_12 1m

#mnwild line rushes: Coyle–Koivu–Parise; Pominville–Brodziak–Bouchard; Konopka–Granlund–Setoguchi; Clutterbuck-Mitchell–Rupp

Edit: Late.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Lines per Russo:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Bouchard - Brodziak - Pominville
Rupp - Mitchell - Clutterbuck
Granlund - Konopka - Setoguchi

WTF Yeo....Seto and Granlund on the 4th again? Jesus christ. Bouchard still in the lineup?

I give up.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
To me it looks like the only thing Yeo actually decided was to put Coyle back on the 1st line. The other lines look like they were spat out by Yeo's magical line lottery machine.

J22*

WTF Yeo....Seto and Granlund on the 4th again? Jesus christ. Bouchard still in the lineup?

I give up.

Looks to me like Yeo has Granlund practicing on the wing with Seto for when Cullen comes back.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Seto has been pretty bad.

He hasn't been bad. Just hasn't been putting up points like he did with Cullen...that doesn't mean his play has been bad. Granlund has been playing great...4th line? Come on now.

Yeo needs to wake the **** up and realize that his boy Brodziak has been the one playing like ****, yet he gives him second line duties like he has earned it? Rofl....Yeo is out of his element...send him back to the AHL for a conditioning stint.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Just read Russo's update. Ok...maybe Yeo is onto something. I retract my previous statement. The sky is indeed not falling and the world continues to turn.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
So assuming Zucker takes Konopka's place:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker-Granlund - Setoguchi

Second line is a mess but 1st & 4th should be alright and 3rd will be interesting.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm glad hes switching the top line back, his strategy of stacking the top line with all the talent sucks.

It leaves the other lines weak and the top line still not good enough to control the game.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Lines per Russo:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Granlund - Konopka - Setoguchi

This is a joke I hope.

****ing Seto and Granlund on the fourth line again eh, genius...

Because Cluster**** has been so great this year, ok.

Seto has at least been trying, has a better skillset, and oh yeah, doesn't make nearly as many mistakes.

Granlund, WTF, why even bother if you stick him on the 4th line. Brodziak is an offensive black hole, and has been just plain bad most of this year.

Ok Yeo... Back on the **** list.

Maybe he'll keep little, defensively useless Spurg on the top d pairing as well.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
This is a joke I hope.

Seto has at least been trying, has a better skillset, and oh yeah, doesn't make nearly as many mistakes.

Granlund, WTF, why even bother if you stick him on the 4th line. Brodziak is an offensive black hole, and has been just plain bad most of this year.

Maybe he'll keep little, defensively useless Spurg on the top d pairing as well.

lol. i think you need to take a minute and clam down. Then realize that Zucker is most likely coming up and then look at the line up again. Then put the pieces together. You'll be a lot calmer.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
This is a joke I hope.

Let me see if I can help your sanity. Russo tweeted that Konopka is actually on Granlunds wing with the assumption from Russo that Zucker is on his way and will take that wing spot.

Don't know if that helped but i tried at least. ;)

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Let me see if I can help your sanity. Russo tweeted that Konopka is actually on Granlunds wing with the assumption from Russo that Zucker is on his way and will take that wing spot.

Don't know if that helped but i tried at least. ;)

Hehe, well, I appreciate the consideration on your part, and yes! I'm not swetting quite as much;)

We've been so bad for so long now, I'm just becoming edgy and really tired of it.

It's weird, I'm normally very patient, but this year, with this team, it's all gone...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad