If there taking Pominville off the top line then I want

Parise Koivu Coyle
Zucker Granny Pominville
Clutter/butch Brodz Seto
Rupp Kenopka Mitchelle

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Has Mitchell ever played a game of center in his life? There are facits I like about the lines like breaking up Brodz and Clutter and putting Coyle back on the top line, but don't like keeping Bouchard in it and don't like Mitchell as apparent center. I'd almost scratch Clutterbuck before Konopka to keep that true center in.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Has Mitchell ever played a game of center in his life? There are facits I like about the lines like breaking up Brodz and Clutter and putting Coyle back on the top line, but don't like keeping Bouchard in it and don't like Mitchell as apparent center. I'd almost scratch Clutterbuck before Konopka to keep that true center in.

Mitchell played center on the Sharks

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yep, as Mr. Cheeseburger said, he played C on the Sharks. I'm interested to see what this new 4th line can do. Clutterbuck should be an upgrade over Konopka, we'll see. I'm reserving my judgement until I actually see the lines in game. 1st line is familiar with each other, and Coyle wasn't half bad in it. 2nd line... Butch - Brodz - Poms? Might not be half bad, who knows. Bouchard is still not a lost cause, he can actually create plays and he has speed to back it up. Pominville is a good player and might work with Butch, let Brodziak take care of the D and add some grit.

As for 3rd... Zucker and Granlund? Yes. Double yes. Beautiful. And Seto, while looking lost again without Cullen, isn't a bad player and might have a chance or two. And who knows, maybe some speed in form of Zucker could do him some favors, too?

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic. Very cautiously. We need to win Columbus, or we're in some deep ****. Even deeper than before. I might go as far as to say that this is our last chance, but that is not true. However, it might just be the most important game we've had this season. A goal is a start. A win is even better, and while last time we faced the Hawks after our win, this time we'll have an easier opponent and might just make it 2 in a row. Then again, one shouldn't think too much ahead. For now, let's just score 1 goal.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Pominville - Granlund - Setoguchi
Zucker - Brodziak - Bouchard
Rupp - Mitchell - Clutterbuck

With injured players it can be:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Pominville - Cullen - Setoguchi
Zucker - Granlund - Brodziak?
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

buyout heatley

trade for clutter

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How bout some

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Pominville
Who knows
Who cares

Brodin-Suter
Whatever
Whoever

LOL
Kuemper

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Seto-Cullen-Poms
Zucker-Brodz-Granlund/Mitchell
Rupp/Clutter-Konopka-Mitchell

Brodin-Suter
X-Spurgeon
X-X

Bäcks
The Camper

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Parise-Koivu-Seto
Zucker-Granlund-Poms
Clutterbuck-Cullen-Coyle
Rupp-Brodz-Mitchell

Brodin-Suter
Brodin-Suter
Brodin-Suter

Bäcks
Kuemps

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
future line-ups can be something like this

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Granlund - Haula - Pominville
Zucker - Brodziak/Phillips - Bulmer
Bussieres - Konopka - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Gunnarsson - Dumba
Falk/Scandella - Spurgeon

Kuemper
Gustafsson

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
How bout some

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Pominville
Who knows
Who cares

That woud be cool. Based on last game anything where granlund and zucker play in the same line would be pretty nice to see in the future for the Wilds.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011

Parise - Koivu - Coyle

Suter - Brodin
Gunnarsson - Dumba

Kuemper
Gustafsson

Parise - Koivu - Vanek
Zucker - Granlund - Coyle
Setoguchi - Haula - Pominville
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Gunnarsson
Stoner - Spurgeon

Kuemper/Gustavsson
Bryzgalov

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota

Parise - Koivu - Coyle

Suter - Brodin
Gunnarsson - Dumba

Kuemper
Gustafsson

Idk If Haula can be 2nd line center. 3rd is more likely.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Here's a thought:

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Granlund-Pominville
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Mitchell-Brodziak-Clutter

First line as-is, looks good. Coyle complements the other 2 well.

Butch and Granlund on a line is risky but if they could develop chemistry that line could be absolutely dangerous. Pominville to add someone who works a bit harder and shoots a bit more.

Seto gets Cullen to set him up, and Cully has Zucker as a secondary target. Those three are blazing fast and are maybe the only ones who can keep up with each other.

Fourth line is a pretty fantastic checking line with enough offensive talent to actually be a threat.

Roll the lines:
20m
15m
15m
10m

First and third lines both have a pairing (ZP/MK, Cully/Seto) that have been gamebreakers and have swung momentum several times this year. I'm convinced PMB+MG, if given a complementary piece (someone with grit and shooting), could be another gamebreaker.

Concerns: maybe a little light on toughness, especially on lines 2 and 4. PMB+MG is a very bust/boom combo.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Top two lines stay as is, problem is we need Konopka's faceoffs so if he comes back i'd like to put him back in the lineup. Mitchell's play absolutely means he should stay in the lineup. So you are looking at Bouchard or Clutterbuck who comes out because i'm assuming Yeo loves Rupp and will keep him in the lineup, and Rupp hasn't been bad either.

Top two lines stay as is for rest of the season, and will be interesting to see what the lines look like once Konopka comes back. Pominville needs to stay on Brodziak's line.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Why isn't Pominville playing with Parise and Koivu?
Tried it and it stalled a bit on the chemistry side. Coyle has been with them most of the year so he went back there and it worked. Had nothing to do with Poms not playing well just couldn't wait for it to happen.

Poms also added life to a line that has been lifeless all season and now the Wild have scoring across multiple lines. It has worked out as hoped when the trade was made and hopefully will continue.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm guessing we might see Pommer on the top line next year after we get the benefit of a full training camp.

Then again I would like to see the talent a little more evenly distributed like it was tonight. All four lines had scoring punch.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I'm guessing we might see Pommer on the top line next year after we get the benefit of a full training camp.

Then again I would like to see the talent a little more evenly distributed like it was tonight. All four lines had scoring punch.

I'd rather keep Coyle on the top line with Koivu and Parise going into next year. Especially if Pominville keeps playing like this. Of course Pominville still gets the top PP unit spot

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'd rather keep Coyle on the top line with Koivu and Parise going into next year. Especially if Pominville keeps playing like this. Of course Pominville still gets the top PP unit spot

This, need legitimate scoring on multiple lines. Cullen has been fantastic this year, but don't want to count on a 37 year old next year to be the offensive catalyst for secondary scoring(assuming we resign him)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Thinking of PP lines...

Pominville - Parise - Koivu / Spurgeon - Suter
Setoguchi - Zucker - Granlund / Gilbert - Brodin

I feel like I would still want Cullen out there, but I would want Granlund along the halfwall where Cullen often plays. Maybe replace Gilbert with Cullen at the point? Brodin is generally the guy fixed at the blue line with the 2nd "D" creeping in between the top of the circle and the blueline, so it could make sense for Cullen to be there.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Those could be three very good scoring lines, and if Clutterbuck can play a better possession game, that 4th line could waste a lot of time in the opponents zone, like it has been able to this year until it was busted apart by injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00