Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Brodziak-Pomer
Mitchell-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Dowell-Clutterbuck

Call each person into the office, and challenge them to be better.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
If I coached this team I would've scratched his arse a long time ago to try and get him going. He is WORTHLESS this season. Also I would tell him if he misses the net he will sit. Shoot low and get some rebounds at least CAL..oofda

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Konopka returns to #mnwild lineup tonight. Dowell, Falk in as well. Backstrom starts vs LA

So I guess Konopka, Dowell, and Mitchell as the fourth line? Not Veilleux? Lame.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
At least Clark is out. Why wouldn't he try Mitchell instead of Clutterbuck. The guy is an offensive blackhole, get him the puck in the O-zone and poof puck possession and scoring chance is gone.

I would like to see

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Pominville-Cullen-Setoguchi
Mitchell-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Rupp-Konopka-Veilleux

I'm sure Pominville would be fine at LW. Bouchard can sit.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Yeo doesn't want puck possession though, he wants to perpetually chase the puck.

That's pretty much what it seems like.

Most games, especially lately, our guys always seem to be one step back on where the puck is.

So we get outside shots, then go deep, only to have 1 d man on the opposing side pass the puck to two of their forwards going the other way, frequently getting an odd man rush.

I don't know if I have ever seen a team get so many odd man rushes against them for so many games:facepalm:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah, okay, so instead of letting the season float gently on down into the toilet and down the drain, we're gonna grab it, tie a rock to it, drive to the sewage treatment plant on the outskirts of town and chuck it right in the vat of **** ourselves!

BRILLIANT PLAN! YEO FOR JACK ADAMS!

I swear he is TRYING to get himself fired at this point. I can not possibly imagine Fletcher likes what he is seeing at this point. Yeo's seat has to be sizzling on high heat right now.

Clutterbuck on the 2nd line. I could understand it if we had half our lineup on injured reserve. I could comprehend it if he had a decent shot, didnt miss the net high all the time, and had more than one ****ing goal in 28 games, but NONE OF THAT IS TRUE! So why the **** is he putting that offensive challenged agitating grinder, who by the way can't even agitate right anymore, on the 2nd line with players who actually have a few cells in their body with the ability to score goals?

This is un-****ing-believable! I seriously can not grasp what thought process Yeo must be using. Oh wait! Yes I can! He REWARDS players who grind and PUNISHES players who can get creative! It all makes perfect sense now! Clutter on the 2nd line! Brodziak in front of the goalie on the top PP unit! YEO THINKS ****** PLAY MEANS WERE TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST! HIS MIND IS WARPED!!!

Atomic-Bomb-Blast.jpg

This season is going to give me an aneurism the way this is going! I swear I'm gonna pop a vein if this **** does not clear up soon!

This makes me not even want to watch the game tonight, knowing we're going to be routed again, by a team that actually KNOWS how to play hockey! Calgary...****ing CALGARY just spanked us on home ice! We are T-3 Games to hitting rock bottom and our bungie cord isn't even close to tightening up to brace the fall. Jesus Christ the only way things get worse is if we miss the playoffs and win the lottery.

Wheres the damned tylenol? I've got a headache.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeah, okay, so instead of letting the season float gently on down into the toilet and down the drain, we're gonna grab it, tie a rock to it, drive to the sewage treatment plant on the outskirts of town and chuck it right in the vat of **** ourselves!

I swear he is TRYING to get himself fired at this point. I can not possibly imagine Fletcher likes what he is seeing at this point. Yeo's seat has to be sizzling on high heat right now.

Clutterbuck on the 2nd line. I could understand it if we had half our lineup on injured reserve. I could comprehend it if he had a decent shot, didnt miss the net high all the time, and had more than one ****ing goal in 28 games, but NONE OF THAT IS TRUE! So why the **** is he putting that offensive challenged agitating grinder, who by the way can't even agitate right anymore, on the 2nd line with players who actually have a few cells in their body with the ability to score goals?

This is un-****ing-believable! I seriously can not grasp what thought process Yeo must be using. Oh wait! Yes I can! He REWARDS players who grind and PUNISHES players who can get creative! It all makes perfect sense now! Clutter on the 2nd line! Brodziak in front of the goalie on the top PP unit! YEO THINKS ****** PLAY MEANS WERE TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST! HIS MIND IS WARPED!!!

Atomic-Bomb-Blast.jpg

This season is going to give me an aneurism the way this is going! I swear I'm gonna pop a vein if this **** does not clear up soon!

This makes me not even want to watch the game tonight, knowing we're going to be routed again, by a team that actually KNOWS how to play hockey! Calgary...****ing CALGARY just spanked us on home ice! We are T-3 Games to hitting rock bottom and our bungie cord isn't even close to tightening up to brace the fall. Jesus Christ the only way things get worse is if we miss the playoffs and win the lottery.

Bravo sir. :laugh: Pretty much sums it up.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

Atomic-Bomb-Blast.jpg

Epic.

I wish our team were as epic as this post:laugh:

And hey, I agree with you;) I'ld need about 8 drinks before I could even come close to putting this gem together though.

Billy Mays Here*

Hoping to god it's Fontaine that we call up to replace Pommers.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Butch - Cullen - Seto
Mitchell - Brodz - Fontaine
Veilleux - Konopka - Clutter

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hoping to god it's Fontaine that we call up to replace Pommers.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Butch - Cullen - Seto
Mitchell - Brodz - Fontaine
Veilleux - Konopka - Clutter

I'd be OK with this. Zucker didn't look good when he was last up here and Granlund won't be playing at wing under this management this year.

Hammertime04

Apr 22, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
But Yeo was drunk this morning and put Clutterbuck on that 2nd line instead

The thing I hate the most is Clutterbuck was the one who scored tonight. Now Yeo has an excuse to keep him on that second line. Even a blind squirrel finds a snipe every once in awhile... Or however that saying goes.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
^ I agree...

Yes Cluts scored tonight, but it was on the exact same shot he's missed the last 843 times.

Even a blind sow will find a nut at times... This will just feed fuel to a stupid tiny flame.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Does anyone else get the impression that Yeo just loves some of his grinders that don't really have all that much skill, just a little toooo much?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something off with the way he treats his players in general.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Does anyone else get the impression that Yeo just loves some of his grinders that don't really have all that much skill, just a little toooo much?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something off with the way he treats his players in general.

Putting Clutter on that line made perfect sense, which is why i didnt bother to post at all yesterday about it. He has wheels to keep up with Cully and Seto, but also throws his weight around giving space for seto and cully, something that was lacking the past five games with Zucker.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00