Speculation: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Am I the only one who thinks that when healthy, ie Kelly back, the 3rd line looks pretty good with Caron/Kelly/Pevs? Ideally you pick up a veteran, but I think Caron was plan A all along, so if there isn't a move to be made I don't think it would be catastrophic if Kelly made it back for the playoff and that was our 3rd line.

I don't think Caron is capable of a Ryder like playoff performance, and the way the top 2 lines turn on and off, they need a Ryder like performance to make it deep into the playoffs. Caron is like going into it with Pouliot,

Vix02

Mar 9, 2011
Manitoba
What would it take to pull Bogo out of Winnipeg? Great puck moving Dman, great shot and will drop the gloves.

He is the type of Dman we need.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I don't think Caron is capable of a Ryder like playoff performance, and the way the top 2 lines turn on and off, they need a Ryder like performance to make it deep into the playoffs. Caron is like going into it with Pouliot,

Agreed.

I have nothing negative to say about Caron, and have always have faith in him (and still do), but there is no way you can compare him with Ryder. Especially in terms of clutch playoff goals from pure skill.

In fact, even Poulliot had a better chance of pulling off such a performance, IMO.

It really sucks that they let Ryder walk. I hated it then, I hated it even more when he put up great numbers, and now it is a full-fledged nightmare, as he has ended up on our biggest rival.

sigh

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Agreed.

I have nothing negative to say about Caron, and have always have faith in him (and still do), but there is no way you can compare him with Ryder. Especially in terms of clutch playoff goals from pure skill.

In fact, even Poulliot had a better chance of pulling off such a performance, IMO.

It really sucks that they let Ryder walk. I hated it then, I hated it even more when he put up great numbers, and now it is a full-fledged nightmare, as he has ended up on our biggest rival.

sigh

I know we lost more than offensive production with Recchi gone, but with Seguin producing like he is and Marchand being better than he was 2 years ago I don't think you need as much offense out of that 3rd line as we did back then and I also think the 3rd line will have easier matchups than it did back then.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Dom tweeted that the Isles are working to re-sign Streit so the Bruins can look elsewhere for an upgrade on D.

I think we'll see more and more of that in the coming days. There's only one team that likely won't be able to make the playoffs (Florida). Other than that, everyone is within 6 or 7 points of the dance. Virtually every owner in the League has to be thinking that at least two home playoff games of revenue are in play.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What would it take to pull Bogo out of Winnipeg? Great puck moving Dman, great shot and will drop the gloves.

If they put Chara and Seidenberg together for the playoffs (like they always do), your remaining top6 has three RH shots in Boychuk, Hamilton and McQuaid to one lefty in Ference.

As much as I've always like Bogo, I don't think they need another righty.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If they put Chara and Seidenberg together for the playoffs (like they always do), your remaining top6 has three RH shots in Boychuk, Hamilton and McQuaid to one lefty in Ference.

As much as I've always like Bogo, I don't think they need another righty.

Any chance they keep Chara and Seids apart this year with Hamilton in the mix?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, they've been reporting that for awhile... That's a shame.
For me, defense is the #1 priority and he was the only pmd I was really excited about because he played with a good compete level.

I would think now is the ideal time to TRY to sign him if you're the Islanders, so it doesn't surprise me they are. But of course, it also makes sense to try now so you know whether he's a guy to move before the deadline.

So, I'm not sure that news is all that surprising is it?

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

Can you provide one reason, just one, that WPG would trade Bogosian?

Yeah...we'd all take him, but they aren't dealing him.

And "will drop the gloves" is more than a stretch too.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

I loved him beating the crap out of Holzer. A thing of beauty.

Wasn't he pissed at management last year or the year before?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The cap space is all well and good, but it takes at least two teams to make a trade. Chiarelli is going to get crucified if he doesn't make a major move, but what if there is no big splash to be made? What if the asking price for an Iginla is two firsts and a prospect, or a first and two legit prospects?

What if you trade Spooner and a first and get bounced in the ECQF.

Vix02

Mar 9, 2011
Manitoba

Either Bogo or Enstrom will be moved....They need help up front. Buff isn't going anywhere ( fishing is too good in Manitoba ). I was more curious what it would take to get him out of the peg. Probably too much...

I agree with the conscenus on here, we need a better 3rd line and another solid D.

Doubt Chia will do anything this year.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Either Bogo or Enstrom will be moved....They need help up front. Buff isn't going anywhere ( fishing is too good in Manitoba ). I was more curious what it would take to get him out of the peg. Probably too much...

I agree with the conscenus on here, we need a better 3rd line and another solid D.

Doubt Chia will do anything this year.

I'd guess the B's would be more likely to see a Ron Hainsey or Grant Clitsome than any of the above 3.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The cap space is all well and good, but it takes at least two teams to make a trade. Chiarelli is going to get crucified if he doesn't make a major move, but what if there is no big splash to be made? What if the asking price for an Iginla is two firsts and a prospect, or a first and two legit prospects?

What if you trade Spooner and a first and get bounced in the ECQF.

We won't get past the 1st or 2nd round if the front office doesn't move, when the Eastern Conference should be a walk in the park with a few adjustments. As for the no splash to be made argument, Chiarelli's had a year to improve a team that got bounced out in the 1st round. Instead he managed to make the team worse than the previous year once again with his annual signing of a stiff and an over-the-hill senior citizen that a bottom-feeder didn't want.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
when the Eastern Conference should be a walk in the park with a few adjustments.

Did you watch the Penguins games? Do you realize that the 2nd best player in the world. Evgeny Malkin didn't even play? What few adjustments mon ami? Cory Perry and John Carlson?? What are you giving up for them? How much are you going to pay your acquisitions?

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Did you watch the Penguins games? Do you realize that the 2nd best player in the world. Evgeny Malkin didn't even play? What few adjustments mon ami? Cory Perry and John Carlson?? What are you giving up for them? How much are you going to pay your acquisitions?

No, he's right. The Pens have no D and shaky goal tending. They could very well end up an early exit. Bruins are the most well balanced team in the east.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, they've been reporting that for awhile... That's a shame.
For me, defense is the #1 priority and he was the only pmd I was really excited about because he played with a good compete level.

Ryan Whitney

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
We won't get past the 1st or 2nd round if the front office doesn't move, when the Eastern Conference should be a walk in the park with a few adjustments. As for the no splash to be made argument, Chiarelli's had a year to improve a team that got bounced out in the 1st round. Instead he managed to make the team worse than the previous year once again with his annual signing of a stiff and an over-the-hill senior citizen that a bottom-feeder didn't want.

Really, we're mourning the loss of Benoit Pouliot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad