Speculation: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I don't see Ottawa parting with Alfredsson. They're still in the run and it's their captain. I would see Iginla in B's uniform before Alfredsson.

About that Max Talbot rumor. He would be a great fit for Boston too. Might takes Chris Kelly spot until he comes back?

There's one player no ones talking about that could be a great pickup for the playoffs and it's Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay isn't going anywhere and could get some youth or picks for him.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
There's one player no ones talking about that could be a great pickup for the playoffs and it's Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay isn't going anywhere and could get some youth or picks for him.

Malone has NMC that ends after this season, becomes limited after that. Didn't waive to LA some years ago.

Tampa and Boston are also div. rivals starting next year, may limit trade options.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The Bruins should try for Brenden Morrow. I've seen him succeed at times on the ice through sheer determination. A few years ago Dallas was lagging in a game and he skated a long, long way to beat an icing call...the effort inspired his team.

He's obviously not in his peak years but he would probably be a good influence on the team. He plays with uncommon intensity.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Malone has NMC that ends after this season, becomes limited after that. Didn't waive to LA some years ago.

Tampa and Boston are also div. rivals starting next year, may limit trade options.

and Malone is a shadow of his former self

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The Bruins should try for Brenden Morrow. I've seen him succeed at times on the ice through sheer determination. A few years ago Dallas was lagging in a game and he skated a long, long way to beat an icing call...the effort inspired his team.

He's obviously not in his peak years but he would probably be a good influence on the team. He plays with uncommon intensity.

He's a very old and abused body for a 34 years old, Chia can do much better then that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see Ottawa parting with Alfredsson. They're still in the run and it's their captain. I would see Iginla in B's uniform before Alfredsson.

About that Max Talbot rumor. He would be a great fit for Boston too. Might takes Chris Kelly spot until he comes back?

Max Talbot is a very good target- Hendricks of course, those bottom 6 guys that have some skills energy and will put a lot of stress on the opposing defensemen in a 7 game series.

I remember many months ago, the Capitals played a first round series last year and their forwards put a lot of welts on that first round opponent; their guys had speed and really took the body.

give me some of that and save the half dozen guys Boston believes they have in their system who project long term- also very strong draft- I'd rather keep both first and second

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If and when the senators fade I'd love to see Chia make a run at Colin Greening. Not sure how they feel about him in Ottawa (think he was a healthy scratch for a bit), but he'd fit right in on the bottom two lines in Boston. If they could get him for spare parts he'd be a good soldier for a playoff push.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Greening has really missed Spezza this year. He is a solid citizen, and he`s got decent size, but he was a pseudo first liner (by default) last year. Not going to the net like he was last year & looks a little lost.

To your point; I think his spot will be challenged with another new wave coming here in Ottawa by next year. (Mark Stone, Stefan Noesen)

As per your suggestion, when speaking of Sens, I think Erik Condra would be the better fit for the 3rd or 4th line. Not as big, but very efficient.

Doubt the Sens would want the Bruins to have either though.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Greening has really missed Spezza this year. He is a solid citizen, and he`s got decent size, but he was a pseudo first liner (by default) last year. Not going to the net like he was last year & looks a little lost.

To your point; I think his spot will be challenged with another new wave coming here in Ottawa by next year. (Mark Stone, Stefan Noesen)

As per your suggestion, when speaking of Sens, I think Erik Condra would be the better fit for the 3rd or 4th line. Not as big, but very efficient.

Doubt the Sens would want the Bruins to have either though.

I don't mind Condra at all but, like DKH is pushing for above, Boston needs some size and speed on the bottom 6 to grind down opposing defenses over the course of a playoff series. Given the role, Greening could do that in a smart way for Boston IMO.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Are we at the contract limit with Sodenberg signed? Beers mentioned something about that this morning.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Think it's fine if they send Pandolfo or MacDermid to Providence

That isn't how it works. Their contract still counts toward the 50 contract limit.
I haven't counted, but I know they're were close to 50.

I think they're at 48... 50, but Koko and Subban slide etc?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Hearing the Bruins signed Fallstrom. per Buccigross on twitter.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Just saw on the leafs board that Versteeg is now out for the season. One less option on the trade deadline market. The Panthers really can't catch a break. They won't even get a chance to re coup pieces for Weiss and now if they were considering moving Versteeg that option is gone as well.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Wonder what's going to happen to DiPietro if Nabokov is signed long term. Back up in Brooklyn or Top seed in Bridgeport? Lots of $$$$$$$$$$ for those roles.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Wonder what's going to happen to DiPietro if Nabokov is signed long term. Back up in Brooklyn or Top seed in Bridgeport? Lots of $$$$$$$$$$ for those roles.

I doubt the isles sign 37 yr old Nabby longterm. Poulin's been erratic this season, Nilson is battling some injury that the secretive Isles are mum about and although Koskinen's having a solid season, it's in some Finnish league. Isles imo aren't ready to give up on the three, but don't feel any are ready to take over as the #1.

A DiPietro buyout would be $1.5m per. Wang wants DiPietro's contract to help him reach the cap floor and roughly $3.6m of it does, while he's in the AHL.

As long as Wang is majority owner, I don't see DiPietro being bought out until Wang's in Brooklyn, with more revenue coming in.If Wang sells the whole team or the majority share, a new owner may prefer an immediate buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->