Speculation: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Feaster drives Iginla to the airport if he's getting Lucic back in a deal. Lucic would immediately replace Iggy as the face of that franchise. No chance I move him there even if the return is J-Bo/Glencross/Cammalleri.

Dallas on the other hand would be intriguing. Eriksson for Lucic straight up? :naughty:

That's somewhat of a lateral move for us to swap LW's, especially if you grant Lucic all the intangibles. I'd think if we went after Eriksson we'd also target a defenseman.

I don't see how PC doesn't add a d-man. And not some Mottau/Zanon type stiff either. He needs a guy who can at least be a top 5-6 d-man, possibly top 4. Dallas has a few of those guys. If Dallas was open to dealing Loui, all of a sudden you have motivation to be open-minded, IMO.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I've always thought Vancouver would overpay for Lucic. Kesler (I know he's injured) would intrigue me.

When's he due back?

I would love Kessler, but at this point his injuries scare me. Surely Lucic is almost exactly what that team needs, to a tee. But it would take Kessler, and he's not in good enough shape for the Bruins to make that deal at this point.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Carl Soderberg is the forgotten man. Fills the need, easy on the wallet. Save a roster spot and check the flight schedule.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Trading a top 6 forward in a deal for a top 6 forward is what we call a zero sum game.

Also, suggesting Looch for Iginla should get you banned from procreating.

FWIW nobody suggested that. Some guy completely misinterpreted my suggestion and came up with that, but anybody can see that's crazy.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Carl Soderberg is the forgotten man. Fills the need, easy on the wallet. Save a roster spot and check the flight schedule.

Soderberg means you can finally chuck the useless Pandolfo/Caron pair outta here, but you still need to handle the Lucic/Horton situation on Krejci's wing.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec 11h
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Spooner, Caron and a #1? Other teams may have more to offer. LA with Tyler Toffoli? Chicago with Brandon Saad?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Soderberg means you can finally chuck the useless Pandolfo/Caron pair outta here, but you still need to handle the Lucic/Horton situation on Krejci's wing.

Agreed, but trading one or both of Lucic/ Horton isnt the answer. IMO swap Seguin and Horton. Seguin adds speed to the Krejci line, and forces Lucic to move his feet. Horton would be ok with Bergeron and Marchand. Both #37 & #63 like to carry the puck, just instruct #18 to crash the crease and get some greasy goals. If only it were THAT easy ;)

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Trading a top 6 forward in a deal for a top 6 forward is what we call a zero sum game.

Also, suggesting Looch for Iginla should get you banned from procreating.

:nod:

I think Chiarelli should lurk in the Iginla discussion, if only because GMs are odd, look at the package Columbus took back for Rick Nash. Instead of soaking the Rangers for picks and prospects, they got 1, maybe 2 useful pieces.

I'd still be stunned if Boston actually offered Khokhlachev and a 2nd for Morrow, who quite frankly has been terrible this year (31 SOG in 29 games).

I'd also be less than hesitant to include Peverley. They might need to trade him in the offseason anyway because of cap considerations.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
For everyone who says "Iginla is a shell of his former self, etc. etc."... how many times have you watched him play this year? Genuinely curious. I'm of the opinion these talent evaluations get spouted once or twice then spread like wildfire. He'd be one of the 3 best forwards on this team right now.

I have watched the Flames over the last two weeks and at times you have to watch closely to notice Jerome.

Could be:

1. he is uninspired and is just playing out the string on a lousy team?

2. as Sportsnet John Shannon surmised he has lost a step and his scoring touch around the net?

3. that he didn't play during the lockout and is nursing aches and pains as he finally rounds into shape?

Kaoz*

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec 11h
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Spooner, Caron and a #1? Other teams may have more to offer. LA with Tyler Toffoli? Chicago with Brandon Saad?

If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL (and looking good in the NHL now) and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson. They can probably put together the most solid offer but I'm still not sure they make good partners due to Iginlas importance to Calgary and LA being in the same division next season.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st. I'd think about it personally, because I'm not all that high on any goalie prospect (they're so hard to gauge), the first will be late, and you have to give a bit to get. I'd then work my ass off to resign Iginla to make it actually worth it.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st.

The question is whether or not Chicago and LA would be willing to pay that much. Also gotta think moving Iginla out of conference could help differentiate between two deals with similar value.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL (and looking good in the NHL now) and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson. They can probably put together the most solid offer but I'm still not sure they make good partners due to Iginlas importance to Calgary and LA being in the same division next season.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st. I'd think about it personally, because I'm not all that high on any goalie prospect (they're so hard to gauge), the first will be late, and you have to give a bit to get. I'd then work my ass off to resign Iginla to make it actually worth it.

Would you do Subban, Peverley, and 1st since we'd likely have to move him to re-sign Iginla anyway?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

If Spooner, Subban and Koko re-entered the draft this year, where would they get picked?

Kaoz*

The question is whether or not Chicago and LA would be willing to pay that much. Also gotta think moving Iginla out of conference could help differentiate between two deals with similar value.

I doubt it. Still both have a solid stable of prospects imo.

Chicago with McNeill, Teravainen, Pirrvi (or however you spell it), Hayesx2, etc...

LA has Kozun, Weal, Pearson, Gibson, Forbort, Muzzin, etc...

East/West thing is in our favor though.

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Major thing I have noticed about Iginla last 4-5 games I've watched of Calgary is that he is making plays and turning pucks over but the rest of his line matss are just plain awful and are not cashing in..not only that they aren't providing many scoring opportunities for him he's creating his own . He looks disinterested however which may mean he's ready to move on. He hasnt fought at all. Maybe he's saving himself for the Bruins lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad